Swimming laps at the gym, ladies opinion only...

Options

Replies

• Submariner5
    Options
    If you think men shouldn't swim in speedo's, then you should have no problem with men saying you shouldn't be at the gym doing pilates or yoga in anything but full sweats. Board Shorts? That would add about 10 seconds to my 100m time! I would get about 75% of the workout in the same amount of time. If it makes you feel uncomfortable, go to one of those "ladies only" gyms. We're not allowed to have men's only clubs anymore because it's just not politically correct to exclude women from anything. You try doing your swimming workouts in board shorts.
  • MsSophySticated
    MsSophySticated Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Not a fan at all, no matter how fit the guy is...

To all the guys out there, refrain yourselves from wanting all the attention drawn on you because of that speedo and what's in it or whatever. I honestly don't get it :indifferent:. If I were a guy, I'd be wearing shorts, simple as that. You're there to swim so make yourself useful and do it! :happy:

3e558596_new-meme-please_o_259668.jpeg
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I may not wear a speedo but I wouldn't wear those stupid looking board shorts (pants) either.
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    Speed-no!!!
  • hunterjumper642
    hunterjumper642 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    whatever makes you swim faster. I'm a lifeguard and would much rather look at your 4-pack in a speedo than someone not as built in the same garment.
  • workoutdood
    workoutdood Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    hopefully, I didn't gross anyone out today
  • tinyzombie
    tinyzombie Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I honestly could not possibly care less what you wear while you swim your laps. If speedos are comfortable for you, wear them! I don't understand people who are automatically grossed out just by what someone is wearing, but especially when it comes to what someone wears WHILE EXERCISING.
  • nornas42
    nornas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love men in speedos... wear away!
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    If you're swimming laps at the pool and you prefer a speedo for that then you should wear one whatever shape you're in.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Well, what the heck else are they supposed to wear? *seriously puzzled*
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    when I'm swimming laps I'm just not paying any attention to what anyone else is wearing...speedo away boys...makes no difference here...
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I approve of Speedos, or any swimsuit you want to wear.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I don't care what suit you're wearing as long you're wearing one. If I'm swimming laps at a pool, I'm there to WORK, not check out your junk.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    So I've read some women don't like men to wear speedos.

I've started wearing a speedo to swim laps at the gym. I don't have a six pack but I at least have 4, and some hints of V lines...

What do you think of men, at least in pretty good shape(not fat ones..) wearing speedos at the gym pool?

Just don't mind my stare!:blushing:
  • Tigerman999
    Options
    so only half the ladies are disqusted, haha
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    former college swimmer, current triathlete. i swim in these, because i don't like people knowing that my junk has sideburns.

041913184727_Karen_zps31674879.jpg

Ok I will agree that if I saw you at the gym in this outfit, it would be a pleasant distraction. :smile:
  • Tigerman999
    Options
    bump
  • usmc01462
    usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    jump in naked
  • hotfitmomma2b
    hotfitmomma2b Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I personally don't care what people wear BUT when I see a man in a speedo I laugh a little inside !! maybe its my immature side showing but something about them makes me laugh !
  • spatulathumbs
    spatulathumbs Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I genuinely do not care what anybody wears to swim in, provided they actually swim and not just do the old-lady-bounce up and down an entire lane. Honestly, wear a tutu and a scuba mask, just ****ing swim already.

RANT OVER lol.