You know you're serious about losing weight when....

Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• Squashypig
    Squashypig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    .....you shout out how many calories are in each item of food or snack advertised on the tv! My husband thinks I'm obsessed........he's right of course :laugh:
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    - Anything more then 'no sugar added' foods become to sweet

- You can discuss workouts and nutrition with your brother in the Army, but you're not enlisted at at all...

- Greek yogurt becomes a staple instead of sour cream

- Soda makes you ill and hell

- People can physically see your efforts.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    You approach a random stranger in the locker room to take a picture of your back side for your "progress pics" portfolio. Yes, I did that this week! :laugh:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    You run 4 miles to the gym and dont track it

You're constantly trying to find an exercise you're seriously inefficient at

If you get dessert and it doesnt tastecompletely mind-blowingly amazing - you hand tit to a stranger- cause youre not wasting your calories on mediocre cheesecake.

You think of calories as currency and do what you need to do to get more to spend, and decide what is and isnt worth spending them on.

You start getting really quick at multiplication of decimals in your head, thanks to serving size calculations on labels

People calling you an obsessed elitest fitness snob.... doest bother you.

You are constantly trying new foods and you will spend hours in the kitchen trying to recreate something you saw on a food mag cover.

You are so proud of what you eat, you have a whole album on facebook full of pictres of your own food, with flattering lighting and garnishes. Yes... you pretend you are on Top Chef... every time you cook.

If you get back to the gym lockerroom after your workout, and you arent walking like you just got gangbanged, you turn around and do a couple more sets.

Being soaked through with sweat is a serious turn-on.

You take sexy pictures of your own body in the morning and watch all the changes slowly happening.

You know you're awesome.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    You approach a random stranger in the locker room to take a picture of your back side for your "progress pics" portfolio. Yes, I did that this week! :laugh:

WORD!

I had a girl ask me to take a pic of her at the gym this morning- she ran up all redfaced and said- please- i have to prove to my boyfriend that i beat him to the gym this morning!

A+ relationship
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    ...your husband leaves you after 17 years, but you don't skip one day of eating right or miss a single workout.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    When you say No, to all your favorite foods
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Haha I love this post!!

When you use your lunch break to do laps on the stairs.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    When you get up at 4 o'clock to do circuit training and tabata intervals in the living room for 20-30 minutes every morning without fail before going to work.....then going to the gym after work.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    ...you throw half a sheet of perfectly delicious cake down the garbage disposal instead of stuffing it in the back of the freezer to be devoured in a moment of weakness

...you develop an odd craving for green tea instead of snickers bars

...you begin to dream about salads instead of George Clooney

...you're more addicted to MFP than you are to Twitter

...you know the difference between a small, medium and large apple

Feel free to add to this list!! Kind of a fun way to add some humor to our weight loss journey!

.... you measure everything you eat to make sure it is exactly one serving.

.... you get a pedomoter/ fitbit/ or other App to find out exactly how many calories that walk just burned.

.... Water becomes the main drink in the house replacing pop and KoolAid
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    When facebook ads have figured out that you're a fitness freak and starts changing their ads accordingly.

Many foods now taste too sweet or too salty.

Salads can be delicious.

You get an epic cheat meal at a restaurant and not only are you a little disappointed that that kind of food just doesn't taste as good as it used to, but you feel like your stomach may fall right out of your butt afterward.

Most of the things you want for Christmas are fitness related.
  • amandajeanAKAaj
    amandajeanAKAaj Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    ....When the fast food you once loved begins to make you nauseous.....
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    ....When the fast food you once loved begins to make you nauseous.....

^^ Yes this, for sure. ^^

When you wake up before everyone else on the weekend and head to the gym in 21 degree weather.
  • amandajeanAKAaj
    Options
    ......When you wake up the first thing you grab for is some clothes and tennis shoes.....
    ......When you are no longer afraid to step on the scale but instead look forward to it.......
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I AGREE WITH FAST FOOD MAKING YOU NAUSEOUS. I had fast food the past couple of days bec my mom forgot to buy groceries :(( I need to cleanse.

... you go home early to workout instead of choosing to join your friends eating junk after class (my friends always get fast food lol)
    ...tupperware is your bestfriend, you pack your own lunch
    ...crave water when you're thirsty and not soda, occasionally fruit juices
    ...you push yourself to workout even if you're feeling lazy
    ...you walk instead of commute/drive
    ...you need a new wardrobe because your shirts are falling off your shoulders
  • amandajeanAKAaj
    Options
    ....When you take a nice hot shower only to realize you are going to get in another workout and need another lovely shower....
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You see a pic of peaches in cottage cheese and think OH MAN THAT LOOKS DELICIOUS
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    You complete your diary and realize you are 13 calories over your goal. You promptly get on floor and do 10 sit ups.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    You complete your diary and realize you are 13 calories over your goal. You promptly get on floor and do 10 sit ups.

Haha! That's me!