What can you do now that you couldn't do 30 days ago?

Options

Replies

• janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm able to do 10 regular pushups (without falling to my knees). Also - I put on a pair of pants today that I haven't been able to fit into for a year.
  • Xenophonica
    Xenophonica Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I can determine what is true hunger and what is boredom. Its always been a fine line for me.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I have to admit these posts are my guilty little pleasures...ok, maybe not, that so much as motivators for me. When I run, these posts play in my head and when I feel like "oh, I can cut his run short" then in my head I hear/see "I fit into this shirt I haven't fit into in a while" or " can wear my wedding ring" or "take the steps 2 at a time" or "I'm no longer considered Obese!" and I think...with all these people breaking barriers, then by geez, you can break this silly little I wanna-cut-this-run-short whine-fest out and keep going!!

Keep them coming!!!!!
  • CatLambee
    Options
    Yesterday I ran a mile in about 10:16, and I've never been able to do that since high school! I also ran for 10 minutes straight, which is a huge accmplishment for me. I've always had a really rough time with cardio, but I'm getting better, which is really cool! It's nice to see some measureable progress after just a couple weeks of practice.
  • MickeyBoo
    MickeyBoo Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I can do a set of leg presses of 80kg (176pd) whereas this time last month I could barely do three reps of a 'sit to stand' because my legs were so weak.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I just got 40+ boxes of books in to my library, ranging in weight from 20-57 lbs. Even with being sick last week I have been able to lift and move even the heaviest of boxes without straining or feeling like I am going to drop them. I'm not moving them very far (less than 20 feet) but I'm moving them. I guess BodyPump/Body resistance exercises have started to pay off. I've always been able to lift heavier things, partially because I'm not afraid to try, but I can finally do it without feeling like I'm going to get hurt!
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I can watch my housemate eat a bowl of ice cream after dinner and not feel tempted, cause I am full on veggies and healthy stuff.

and I can now jog/brisk walk on the treadmill for 30 min without feeling like I will faint.

And as of today.. I can fit into Size 16 tracksuit pants... (last time these fit was 4+ years ago)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,656 Member
    Options
    This morning I was told to stop taking my diabetes meds. I am no longer considered diabetic.
  • loveanddestroyx
    loveanddestroyx Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Go on the treadmill at faster speeds for longer periods of time.
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Deadlift 315lbs and run a 5k. :P
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    A one minute plank
  • okgal247
    okgal247 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Fit into a pair of pants that are one size down from "the usual."

Actually... I guess this new size is now my usual :bigsmile:
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Fit into a size 8 pants. For someone who was in a size 20 (and so tight I should have been wearing a size 22) this was a big deal.

I can also hold a plank for 45 seconds. I was at 30 seconds (maybe) a month ago. Progress!
  • eminenima
    Options
    Ran 5k yesterday without a break. My daughter complained she couldn't keep up and I was worried about 10 minutes in that I might not get enough exercise out of it. Probably because I didn't feel like hell, like I did last time I ran about 6 months ago.

I can do burpees now, but I know it's still not a pretty sight. My sixteen month old laughs out loud when I do them.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Wow to all, especially a 2:30 plank! Congrats!
    I can do 160 squats, 15 push ups (still the female ones..), 65 triceps dips and a 2:30 plank, run for 6 mins at a time....and I can say my weight with a "1" in front of it!

(And...when I put my hand on my waist, I feel my abs tightening there, and I kinda am getting obsessed with tensing & moving them around! :embarassed: )
  • blackmax78
    blackmax78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was pulling my daughter around the back yard on a sled... now a month ago we didn't have snow but besides that i was jogging/running with her on it... a month ago i couldn't do that.
  • TripleRadiance275
    TripleRadiance275 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Clapping push ups!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I was able to run a 9:29 mile! My size 16 jeans are lose (started at a tight 22!) if I don't work out, I miss it. Shopping at Goidwill this week, xl tops were all too big. I still have a long way to go but last year I would never have imagined I'd be here! There's so many great inspiring posts here...thank you!!! Helps add 10 more minutes on the stair machine!
  • Marymoe138
    Marymoe138 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I can now stay under my calorie goal and not feel as though I am starving. I am also able to complete all my T-25 workouts with less than 2 breaks throughout all the vids! Never thought THAT would happen!
  • harmonyhoran
    harmonyhoran Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love reading these! I've been on MFP 75 days now so trying to distinguish my achievements from the last 30 days is a bit tricky. But my running has gone from about 10-15 minutes to 25-30 minutes straight at 9.5km/hr. I managed to reach my goal of biking 5km in under 10 minutes at the gym the other day, I ran my old running route non-stop with my toddler and stroller so 3.5km in 24 minutes.
    I am now lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight and reached my goal weight of 59kg.

Someone said something about tensing their abs to feel the toned muscle ad that's totally me. Obliques coming along nicely but my next 30 days is working on my mummy tummy so the muscles underneath have a chance to shine.

Also my husband said I should wear a bikini to the pool...so that's a good sign right?

keep up the good work everyone :)