What can you do now that you couldn't do 30 days ago?

Options

Replies

• Tmsmith007
    Options
    I could not bend over and put my palms on the ground in front of me. My flexibility has increased and continues to increase! Oh yes, and there is a pair of gym shorts that were tight, but now they fit nicely. And my fav pair....had to take the tie on the band in a little.
    It is so exciting...thanks MVP...your program is so helpful.
  • Tmsmith007
    Options
    Feels good not to be on the knees, huh!
  • Darrelkun
    Darrelkun Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Touch my elbow to my opposite knee, and touch the opposite toes with my fingers when kicking my leg forward.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Run for 20 minutes at a time. :cry: 30 days ago, I was still doing week one of C25K and was panting my way through 60 seconds of running and checking my phone every few seconds to see when I would be able to stop running. :laugh:
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    30 days ago I didn't feel like I was "in control" of myself. My whims & everything else around me had more power over me than I did. Now, I know what I can and cannot eat, when I should (when I'm hungry) and shouldn't (when I'm emotional) eat. Instead of being lazy and letting time tick by, I get up & tie on my running shoes and MAKE the time to go outside and run. It's my "Me Time".

And speaking of which, 30 days ago, I could not run for 3 minutes straight and run for 2 miles at a time. (I was still doing a 2 min run/2 min walk for 20 min/average 1.4 miles. Now, it's 3 min run/1 min walk for 30 min/average 2 miles.)

I feel stronger!

You ARE stronger. :smile:
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Wear size 36 waist pants (and I DO wear my pants around my waist at the navel) - 30 days ago I was in size 42 and I started 5 months ago at size 56.

Go out to eat and actually not ask for a table because I can now fit easily into a booth,

Walk at all for exercise since then I still had a broken foot but I restarted day #1 at 6 miles

Not lie about my weight when filling out documents (I always out 250 lbs. when I was 287) I am now 217 and while I have a good bit more to lose, I am proud of where I am but 30 days ago I was actually at 220 but had the throw that in because I am super happy about it.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Wear size 36 waist pants (and I DO wear my pants around my waist at the navel) - 30 days ago I was in size 42 and I started 5 months ago at size 56.

Go out to eat and actually not ask for a table because I can now fit easily into a booth,

Walk at all for exercise since then I still had a broken foot but I restarted day #1 at 6 miles

Not lie about my weight when filling out documents (I always out 250 lbs. when I was 287) I am now 217 and while I have a good bit more to lose, I am proud of where I am but 30 days ago I was actually at 220 but had the throw that in because I am super happy about it.

Wow! 6 inches in 30 days of your waist is amazing, and even more so is 20 inches in 5 months. My waist doesn't seem to want to budge. Great job, you should feel proud!
  • agoonia1
    agoonia1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 22nd day of my journey here, but the clean eating has helped me get rid of my chocolate cravings. A few days ago I had four pieces that were offered to me and felt almost sick; they were way to sweet.
    30 days ago I would have eaten twice as much, if not more, and have further cravings.
  • Jennessaphilip
    Options
    There is nothing that I do not adore about this post.
    30 days ago I couldn't do one push-up (not even girlie ones). Now I can do 20 in a row (girlie ones) and reckon one day soon I'll be able to do a real one without falling on my face.

30 days ago I couldn't lie on a beach without Greenpeace trying to roll me back into the water (I exaggerate slightly for dramatic effect). Now I am even considering buying my first ever bikini in time for our gorgeous New Zealand summer.

30 days ago I couldn't see my foofoo when I was in the shower without leaning forward. Now whenever I look down, there she is!

30 days ago I couldn't understand why One Direction are so popular. No change there.

:happy:
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Options

Wow! 6 inches in 30 days of your waist is amazing, and even more so is 20 inches in 5 months. My waist doesn't seem to want to budge. Great job, you should feel proud!

I was very pleased mainly this month because while I only lost 2 lbs due to not being able to do any exercise because of injury I still was losing inches. Walking is the only exercise I can do anyway (disabled) but something is working for sure. Thank you and yes, very proud even though I have much to go with 34 lbs to my goal weight of 183 at 6 foot tall.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I feel refreshed after only 5 hours of sleep.
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Options
    I feel refreshed after only 5 hours of sleep.

I would LOVE to be able to get 5 hours of sleep in three days much less one :)
    I have some serious sleep issues.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I can run 15K!
  • teamAmelia
    Options

Wow. That's a great accomplishment. Keep it up. You resemble Kelsey Grammer in your avatar.
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    1) I can walk almost ONE HOUR with a moderate pace of 10.5km/ hr (unbelievable);
    2) I can wear my old favorite T-Shirt which was not possible since last few years;
    3) My food habit got changed almost 75%
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Options

Wow. That's a great accomplishment. Keep it up. You resemble Kelsey Grammer in your avatar.

Well the avatar is me 25 lbs heavier. One of the motivating things for me to lose weight was when several people said I looked like John Goodman so I guess I will take a Kelsey Grammer LOL
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Options
    I can run 15K!

You are very impressive and inspiring.
  • iknowiknow
    iknowiknow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    60 jumping jacks without stopping.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Not kill over after 20 minutes of cardio.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    30 days ago I couldn’t run 5 minutes.

Now I can run nearly two miles non-stop. :]