What can you do now that you couldn't do 30 days ago?

Options

Replies

• coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Do >100 floors of stairs (as per FitBit One) twice weekly when I'm working onsite at a sedentary desk job. A month ago, my goal was 50 floors. I bumped it up to 75 floors but the past couple of weeks I've been hitting >100 floors regularly.
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Twerk.

Jk.

Maybe.
  • AisforAmazing19
    Options
    In the last week, I've shaved a minute off my mile time. It's still only 10:31 but I couldn't do that a week ago. I also have some shorts that I could barely squeeze into the beginning of the summer and now are too big!! How about you, what's changed or can you now do that you couldn't 30 days ago?

Wow a whole minute! That is awesome! 30 days ago, I couldn't run double-digit miles and I am prepping for my second 12-miler this weekend!

Great thread idea by the way!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    30 days ago I couldn't do 10 full press-ups. Now I can!!
    30 days ago I couldn't cycle all the way home from town without walking my bike up the hills. Now I cycle all the way, even up Hill Avenue (which certainly lives up to its name)
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    So it's not 30 days later but I am excited that I've shaved another 12 seconds off my mile. I'm down to 10:19, just 19 more until my goal. Don't know why I'm stuck on the mile, really should be adding more miles but I'm getting some where so I'm happy!! Anyone else have progress to report? Fitness or other?
  • lharri0209
    lharri0209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Not so much fitness related as you but, I can get up off of the floor and couch without it being a challenge. Also, my knees don't hurt as much...or really at all anymore. I sound so old but, it is true. 24 lbs lost so far really has made a difference already. lol
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    Not so much fitness related as you but, I can get up off of the floor and couch without it being a challenge. Also, my knees don't hurt as much...or really at all anymore. I sound so old but, it is true. 24 lbs lost so far really has made a difference already. lol
    That's awesome!! 24 lbs is a lot!! Looks like you're about 1/3 rd of the way there! Great job:)
  • txguard61
    txguard61 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Run 6 miles at an easy pace under 58 minutes
  • NicoleCooney92
    NicoleCooney92 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I walked 8 miles today with my dog. I doubt I could go 3 miles a month ago.
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    Run 6 miles at an easy pace under 58 minutes
    Wow! And you call that an easy pace! I'm struggling with one at that pace!
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    I walked 8 miles today with my dog. I doubt I could go 3 miles a month ago.
    Awesome walk, that's a big jump! Wtg!
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I can squat 60 lbs.
  • mrsvalealvarado
    Options
    I can actually do more than 20 minutes of tae Bo and not be so tired and I feel myself with more energy
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    30 days ago I couldn't do one push-up (not even girlie ones). Now I can do 20 in a row (girlie ones) and reckon one day soon I'll be able to do a real one without falling on my face.

30 days ago I couldn't lie on a beach without Greenpeace trying to roll me back into the water (I exaggerate slightly for dramatic effect). Now I am even considering buying my first ever bikini in time for our gorgeous New Zealand summer.

30 days ago I couldn't see my foofoo when I was in the shower without leaning forward. Now whenever I look down, there she is!

30 days ago I couldn't understand why One Direction are so popular. No change there.

:happy:
  • mamdore
    mamdore Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Squat *kitten* to Grass 170lbs! I'm going for a PR this week of 175lbs:wink:
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    30 days ago I couldn't do one push-up (not even girlie ones). Now I can do 20 in a row (girlie ones) and reckon one day soon I'll be able to do a real one without falling on my face.

30 days ago I couldn't lie on a beach without Greenpeace trying to roll me back into the water (I exaggerate slightly for dramatic effect). Now I am even considering buying my first ever bikini in time for our gorgeous New Zealand summer.

30 days ago I couldn't see my foofoo when I was in the shower without leaning forward. Now whenever I look down, there she is!

30 days ago I couldn't understand why One Direction are so popular. No change there.

:happy:

Some of those are the same as mine:) great work!
  • heidicalif
    heidicalif Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    30 days ago I could not bike more than 100 miles in a week, and I can do it while sick with a wicked head cold, and I'm not the least bit sore.

Thanks for letting us brag!
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    A real girl push up haha :drinker: did like 20 real ones today haha
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    30 days ago I didn't feel like I was "in control" of myself. My whims & everything else around me had more power over me than I did. Now, I know what I can and cannot eat, when I should (when I'm hungry) and shouldn't (when I'm emotional) eat. Instead of being lazy and letting time tick by, I get up & tie on my running shoes and MAKE the time to go outside and run. It's my "Me Time".

And speaking of which, 30 days ago, I could not run for 3 minutes straight and run for 2 miles at a time. (I was still doing a 2 min run/2 min walk for 20 min/average 1.4 miles. Now, it's 3 min run/1 min walk for 30 min/average 2 miles.)

I feel stronger!
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    OK, time for some updates! I'm very excited to post that I ran a mile in under 10 minutes. I know that's not much for some but I couldn't even run a mile when I first started this. And 30 days ago, I was running around 11:30 seconds. So, to get under 10:00 feels like a big accomplishment for me. I also feel like I finally have good form down when squatting with the bar, so now I can start to add some more weight. So that's my recent accomplishment, what's yours? Fitness or other! Thanks for all the motivation!