ARE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE WITH A MALE MASSAGE THERAPIST?

Options

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt be i dont think. deep tissue and all that.
  • shelbelw
    shelbelw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I've been getting massages for more than 20 years, and most of my therapists have been male.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm uncomfortable with ANY massage therapist. I can't stand strangers touching me.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    moved_zpse8738760.jpg
  • shelbelw
    shelbelw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    ok i've talked to a couple male massage therapist and both have said it's not uncommon for them to become excited? Is this pretty typical or is it just the guys I know?

Haha we are all human and when you come across some one whom you fancy then you may get a little happy but self control should stop the little guy popping up so to speak but to be honest when the person is on the bed you don't see them you just do your work

It's so annoying the only place of work where you have to tell people no this is not a sexual practice there are endless amounts of benefits of having a full body massage yet either am looked at as a sexual perv or men believe I must be gay it's annoying so thought I'll ask what the public think online :)

Also, I've had a male therapist who is gay, and I specifically asked him about this. He said they both just ignore it, like you would any other bodily function you can't control (like a burp or fart). It's only an issue if you make it an issue.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I prefer women. :tongue:
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    lmao, love the Seinfeld reference!! :laugh:

I dont think i'd say anything if my masseuse turned out to be a male, but that would definitely be kind of awkward
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    moved_zpse8738760.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Nope - I usually prefer (and request) a male therapist...
  • Twinkielingus
    Twinkielingus Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Prefer it
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Only males for me lol I don`t like women touching me
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I've had both male and female massage therapists. I went on a cruise and went for a massage and the receptionist asked if I would be ok with a male MT. So I figured I'd give it a go.....best massage of my life to date. I've had some decent massages, but he was very very good.

I have no problem with a male massage therapist, sometimes they are better at it.
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I dunno what colour underwear is he wearing.......
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Don't care. I'm usually wincing in pain too much to think about any awkwardness.
  • 1_JR_1
    1_JR_1 Posts: 179
    Options
    I was cool with them until one made a comment about my junk! Seriously! :noway:
  • missyj1115
    missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
    Options
    Is this a trick question?
  • knittinlady
    knittinlady Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I prefer a female therapist. I am somewhat prudish(okay, a lot), and I don't like men who aren't related to me to touch me. I had a male massage therapist once, when I forgot to specify what I wanted and no women were available. Worst massage ever. I couldn't relax at all. Now I always specify when I make the appointment that I want a female therapist. Yeah, I know that makes me weird, but I'm okay with that.

To be honest, I don't even enjoy when my husband gives me a massage, but that's for a different reason; he assumes I want my skin rubbed off, when all I want is to relax. :laugh:

My eight-year-old daughter gives me awesome back massages, and only charges me 50cents for half an hour. :bigsmile:
  • 1989lukemyers
    1989lukemyers Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    There are only approx 20% massage therapists which are male I get that I am stepping into this career but I really want to turn it on its head I don't think it matters get over your selfs I say :) you don't turn gay by getting a massage from a man ( actually a question I got asked) no I have never had sex with any one I've given a professional massage to the truth is you are meat on a bed and I work away and get you to fall asleep and then get paid simple

Just don't get why this career people think it's linked to sex or sexual jobs it's a massage and done correctly will relax you and usually make you go to sleep wants sexy about that lol

Arrrh rant almost over just sick of comments I get... Yes I am a guy whom touches men and women I enjoy it it relaxes me more then actually getting a massage myself weirdly and when I am doing it I am thinking about the muscles and the technique I am using and so time only some times am thinking about bills I have to pay etc lol so how's that sexual god I swear it's the people who ain't even had one before make all this stuff up

Just having a bad day haha but good to hear some of you don't care :) just go get a massage and who ever it is if good or bad don't judge them by sex they are judge them by them simple
  • brabbit42069
    brabbit42069 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    as long as I still get a happy ending.