if you have nice teeth

Options

Replies

• ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    Everyone says I have nice teeth. My dentist always comments and I'm cool with it, since its his job to know teeth. When I'm at the supermarket and someone says something is when I get creeped out!

I can see why the would though!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've had that happen from dentists and last year when my husband and I were at the local Christmas parade, a slew of girls from the dental hygiene school at my alma mater actually stopped their parade float and told us to come get our teeth cleaned because we both have nice teeth LOL.

So anyway, yes I have decently nice teeth. I've never had braces. Two different dentists (one of them also an orthodontist), on three or four different occasions, have lectured me about how I should have worn my retainer after getting my braces off. I told them I never had braces and never had a retainer. Then they say that's really weird because it looks like I've had them, and just have a bit of sliding out of that "correct" positions from not wearing the retainer as directed.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Dentists (and doctors) have never been creepy about it, but I get lots of compliments on my teeth.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I think my dentist is on a mission to make everyone love dentists. :heart:

Oh and ETA definitely not creepy because said dentist is smoking hot and charming.
  • Fuaaad1994
    Options
    Mine compliments my gums..
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    I get ready for the dentist like I am getting ready for a date. I have to my sure my teeth are immaculate
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    They always double check to make sure i've actually lost all my teeth because my teeth are small... but hey small teeth equals more room for other things, nomesayin?
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Its MUCH creepier to be complimented by your Gyno. Believe me.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    It's not the compliment that bothers me.... it's the fact that he's sitting on my lap during the exam that seems a little odd. :ohwell:

:laugh:

& I'm British so no nice teeth for me :sad:

awe that cant be true...just a random question how does that work in the UK does NHS provide dental care, do you have to purchase your own, or is there dental insurance?

And OP thanks for reminding me to schedule a dentist appointment.

NHS provides full free treatment for the unemployed.

Folk who work pay based on a banding charge - so there's a set "top wack" fee for various treatments. (The NHS subsidises the rest of the costs.

•Band 1 course of treatment – £18.00
    This covers an examination, diagnosis (including X-rays), advice on how to prevent future problems, a scale and polish if needed, and application of fluoride varnish or fissure sealant.
    •Band 2 course of treatment – £49.00
    This covers everything listed in Band 1 above, plus any further treatment such as fillings, root canal work or removal of teeth.
    •Band 3 course of treatment – £214.00
    This covers everything listed in Bands 1 and 2 above, plus crowns, dentures and bridges.

Kids/students free treatments.
    Cosmetic dentistry is only free for under 19's in full time education.
    There are dental payment plans, but they only cover X amount.
    Loads of private practices though as obviously that's where the dentists make their cash.

Thanks for the info have always been curious how that worked in the UK. And I was reading and article that said of people who received dental care UK was ranked very high. US is actually lower.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I get ready for the dentist like I am getting ready for a date. I have to my sure my teeth are immaculate

lol my brother liked to eat oreo cookies before going. He said he was making them work.
  • amandajeanAKAaj
    amandajeanAKAaj Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Does your dentist creepily point it out?
    The only thing my dentist creepily points out how at 27 I still have two of my baby teeth......That and I guess I have been blessed with wonderful teeth....
    "Look mom no cavities!"
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I'm not crazy about my teeth (my two front teeth are big like a bunny), but my dentist always seems to find it amazing that I'm 30 and have yet to have a single cavity.
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    They always double check to make sure i've actually lost all my teeth because my teeth are small... but hey small teeth equals more room for other things, nomesayin?

Be at my place in 5
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options

Lol I need an example!
  • amandajeanAKAaj
    amandajeanAKAaj Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    LOL now that WOULD be creepy!
  • coreyiscrazyful
    Options
    It's not the dentist that particularly points it out, it's the assistant. Lol. All I hear when they start with my mouth, "Well looky there, whos got some pearly straight whites" O_O Pretty creppey when someone is putting metal objects in my mouth
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    At my last visit my dentist said, "It's always so pretty in here" while looking in my mouth. Which was odd. But I looked and it IS pretty in there.

I would be creeped out if my gyno said that :noway: well, a bit pleased too.
  • eva512
    eva512 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am a Dental Assistant and always compliment people with nice teeth:bigsmile: Never thought it to be creepy, maybe I should rethink that:huh: Us dental people are a bit odd though:tongue:
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options

Lol I need an example!

Well, one said that I have a very beautiful v-word. Then the next one said that I have textbook anatomy. Just kind of creepy to be in the stirrups and all cold and uncomfortable and they're admiring my insides like I'm not a person. Just a different kind of objectification I guess.