What are you eating for Thanksgiving?

Options
12346»

Replies

• KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    ALL THE FOOD!!!!! I work out too hard to not enjoy my food a few times a year. No guilt! Just enjoy comfortable amounts of the food I want. I'll run 8 miles or so the next day.

yup^^^
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I find it close to impossible to try and log food for holidays and while away on vacation. I created a customized meal for them that has 3000 calories with ample carbs and fat included. It's just a wild estimate, but it's better than nothing and works well for me. I watch my numbers pretty closely and zeros for those days would throw all the stats off, so I needed to have something and it actually seems to be about right in the big picture. That's about a thousand more than my target calories, so it helps me adjust my other days and exercise calories to compensate.

I still try to make healthier choices and don't take either as an excuse to overeat beyond reason. I just don't bother trying to count or log the actual foods on those days.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I have 3 thanksgiving meals this week, and I have planned these to be my cheat meals knowing full well I will gain. I plan on eating anything and everything I see on the table
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's Thanksgiving. I am going to eat whatever I want too. The thing is, it's ONE meal. Not All day, not all week, etc. Will I go over on my calorie count.....Probably. It's OK. The most important thing to remember is that it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Continue eating healthy and working out and if you reward yourself once in a while, it works!
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Im going to eat and enjoy anything I want, but in moderation! It's Turkey DAY, not week or month! Then, 6am spin class on Black Friday! :drinker:
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Since we have cut back on our favorite foods, we decided the heck with the bird! While we are still doing my wife's sausage stuffing and some pumpkin pie, we are getting a couple of large pizzas from Papa Murphy's the day before to bake on Thanksgiving and enjoy. We are also going to a movie and have movie popcorn. :devil:
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Jack Daniels, candied yams, deep fried turkey (don't ask), Jack Daniels, pecan pie, honey glazed yam, cornbread casserole, Guinness, upside down pineapple cake, Guinness, sweet potato fries smothered in barbecue sauce and chipotle mayo...

And a quarter cup of green beans. Gotta get those veggies in.
  • Lauraplane
    Lauraplane Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am prepared to eat a little bit of everything. I will have samples of desserts and I am going to drink beer. I will log the best that I can. I will probably go way over my calories but that is OK. I might gain a pound and that is OK too. It is Thanksgiving and I am going to enjoy it. :)
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING. Without guilt. :happy: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Bacon cheeseburger and french fries, with an ice cream kicker!

Nothing traditional in my house...
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'll be making up a Jennie O Turkey, Turkey Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Cranberry Cocktail, and having Coconut cream pie for a different chance of pace. Planning on a run Thursday morning. Planning on eating guilt free as well. :)
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm eating ALL THE FOOD!

In moderation and with mindfulness.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    For the one we are hosting turkey, homemade pumpkin pie, homemade mashed potatoes, homemade cranberry orange sauce, green beans, rolls , and some corn possibly .

At my husbands aunts , hmm ham, turkey, pie, potatoes, whatever they have in moderation I wont be eating breakfast either of those days since we eat at 3pm . It will be easer to stay within my calories that way . umm looking forward to having left overs all next week no cooking for me yay!!
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I will forgo the fruit cake and mince meat pie.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am going to eat, and drink, whatever is put in front of me :laugh: :drinker: :laugh: :drinker: