Weird Thanksgiving Day Traditions

Options
13»

Replies

• MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Good thing I don't have any family member on here huh..
  • hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    We have lasagna every year for Thanksgiving. Yum!
    Except this year because my sister will be with her in-laws so I offered to do a traditional dinner at my house. Something different.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Involves massive amount of rum & vodka (I got me a DRINKING horn to break in!), lots of fun adult activities and hours & hours of video games.

In case your wondering - the only "child" in the house goes MEOW >/\_/\<

We (myself & hubs) are already fighting over the big TV and who has to move what console to the other (slightly smaller but only 720p) TV. So far I'm winning - Skyrim needs to be played LIFE FLIPPING SIZED (60" HD/3D TV w/ true surround sound - so that crap creeping up behind you scares the crap out of you)
  • doriharvey
    doriharvey Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This year we have no special plans for lunch with family (weird for us) so when I got a good buy an a turkey pastrami we made a plan to make ruben sandwiches tomorrow with it. The rye bread was just taken out of the freezer. We are also planning to go to see a movie tomorrow afternoon.
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    This year we have no special plans for lunch with family (weird for us) so when I got a good buy an a turkey pastrami we made a plan to make ruben sandwiches tomorrow with it. The rye bread was just taken out of the freezer. We are also planning to go to see a movie tomorrow afternoon.

THIS sounds like an awesome Thanksgiving!

We usually rent a big house on Hatteras Island and bike, run, walk on the beach, play cards and put together jigsaw puzzles...this year, though, we are taking a Christmas trip instead so it will be off to my cousins house for an uncomfortable dinner with 50 of our closest family members...missing Hatteras dearly right now.

The positvie thought is there will be a bigger variety of PIE!!! I'm hanging on to that thought....
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    As far as you know. :wink:

Uh oh.....

kinda scared now lol
  • blukttn66
    blukttn66 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Involves massive amount of rum & vodka (I got me a DRINKING horn to break in!), lots of fun adult activities and hours & hours of video games.

In case your wondering - the only "child" in the house goes MEOW >/\_/\<

We (myself & hubs) are already fighting over the big TV and who has to move what console to the other (slightly smaller but only 720p) TV. So far I'm winning - Skyrim needs to be played LIFE FLIPPING SIZED (60" HD/3D TV w/ true surround sound - so that crap creeping up behind you scares the crap out of you)

It really is too bad you're taken, I'd divorce my husband so he could marry you.. :wink:
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Pheasant hunting in the morning, home by 10 am, shot or 5 of whiskey, nap, eat at 2:00, nap, eat leftovers at 6:00, nap, pie and desserts at 11:00...bed.....

That is weird. No football?

Huskers play on Friday.
  • feliperss
    feliperss Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wish my country was thankful, Thanksgiving seems awesome!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Pheasant hunting in the morning, home by 10 am, shot or 5 of whiskey, nap, eat at 2:00, nap, eat leftovers at 6:00, nap, pie and desserts at 11:00...bed.....

wait who's doing all the cooking while youre huntin' and nappin'? I hope you show that woman some good appreciation.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    Share them.

Well, unless you're Canadian because apparently you guys aren't thankful for anything.

GASP! Are you kidding me? We were thankful weeks ago!
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I am a little obsessed with bouncy houses, so I like to use any excuse to rent them. My husband rented one for me on thanksgiving a few years ago just cuz he loves me. (Big cheesy smile) It has become a tradition now (woot woot) we rent a bouncy slide every thanksgiving!
  • sugaspice999
    Options
    When we were younger, we used to drink apple cider in champagne glasses thinking it was cool.

A lot of the food in addition to the turkey and stuffing is mediterranean/indian, not including the stuff brought over by family. A lot of chai instead of apple cider, and tons of cumin and pomegranate seeds in everything.

Almost every year, we also have pizza because so many vegetarians that come over.

We almost always have two turkeys every year plus a chicken, because my dad seems to mess up the turkey everytime. -_-

My uncles/older cousins get kind of drunk/tipsy every year and somehow our living room becomes a dance floor from 11pm-2am.

There's ALWAYS someone sleeping on the couch the next morning. We also always run out of pillows. They pretty much disappear.

My cousins, siblings, and I will play monopoly for 2-3 hours EVERY SINGLE YEAR. My cousins and I are slightly tipsy so mess up the math and buy everything while siblings actually try to win. It's a lot of fun! The couple of times we actually "finished", I think I won twice without even trying!

I have an uncle that goes around filming EVERYTHING. I have no idea why, but I remember seeing a lot of pictures of me eating mid-bite and drinking and laughing and making funny faces. Then he puts them up and sends a mass email of them to everyone -_-

So many more, but can't remember them!!!