Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What do you take Supplement wise

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Multivitamin
    Fish oil
    Vitamin D
    Magnesium + 5HTP (for mood)
    whey powder as and when I need it
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Multivit's
    Vitamin D
    Glucosamine
    Fish Oils

PWO Shake:

Whey
    Oats
    Glutamine
    Creatine
    Beta alanine
  • I supplement my veggies with a 13 oz piece of chicken breast usually! Other than that, I pop a multivitamin and a B12 complex,(if that counts) when I remember. I'd die if my life depended on taking a pill. I always forget them, no matter what I do. I've tried keeping them bedside, I've tried bathroom, I've even kept them next to the coffee pot, I still always forget them.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Multivitamin
    Glucosamine + Chondroitin
    Vitamin D (in winter)
    Whey protein

When I'm cycling I treat isotonic drinks, cereal bars, malt loaf, carb gels and even Jelly Babies as supplements.
  • ElectricDragon
    ElectricDragon Posts: 60 Member
    Looking at this it's kinda a lot, maybe slightly excessive, broke them down into how I group them together:

• Centrum - Multivitamin Men
    • Nature Made Balanced Vitamin B-100 Complex
    • Nature's Bounty - Super Strength Vitamin D3 (2000 IU)

• Nature's Bounty - Maximum Strength Fish Oil (1,400 mg - 980 mg Omega-3)
    • Schiff - Megared Extra Strength Omega-3 Krill Oil (500 mg)

• Nature's Bounty - Ultra Strength Advanced Probiotic 10

• Benefiber - Sugarfree Fiber Supplement (4 g)

• Nature Made - Turmeric (500 mg)
    • Nature Made - Cinnamon (1000 mg)
    • Spring Valley - Cayenne (40,000 STU)
    • Spring Valley - Super Strength Cranberry (500 mg)

• Optimum Nutrition - Performance Whey 100% Isolate
    • Optimum Nutrition - Platinum Tri-celle Casein (just started this one yesterday)
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Not every day but something like this...
    Creating
    Great Lakes gelatin
    Multi
    Magnesium
    D3
    Cod liver oil
    Whey
    Dissicated liver tabs
    Bcaa ( has glutamine in it)
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    I take a B complex pill for the B-12. I don't get that in my diet.
  • Whey Isolate
    Dr. Jekyll
    Blox SAA
    Micronized Creatine
    Fish Oil
    Flinstones
  • Different proteins
    Glutamine

Glutamine helps me not be sore the next day its awesome *kitten*!
    Protein powder well to get it in!
  • Catman50
    Catman50 Posts: 33 Member
    Im fairly new to this but I wanted to hit the ground running and make the best out of what I put in so I started with :-

Morning: Multi vitamins & Glutamine

Pre workout: Taurine & BCAA

Post workout: BCAA

Lunch: Glutamine

Bed: multi vitamins & Glutamine

The day may be mixed with Whey protein shakes as I needed them to fill out my diet requirements.
    Also at 8am, 12am, 4pm & 8pm id have Beta Alanine.

Several weeks in I decided to try Creatine and read that it clashes with Glutamine as they both fight over the same delivery receptors. So while taking Creatine I stopped Glutamine.

Later I swapped over my whey protein to MASS-TECH protein shake to help boost my Calorie intake. This has most of the above in it as it is so I adjust what im having depending on my shake intake.

Also I try and eat a lot!!
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
  • This is all you need....
    -Coffee (cheaper than pre workouts and better for you)
    -Food (stop whining how you can't eat enough)
    -Hard consistent work (I mean hard; doesn't have to be long)
    -Recovery

Source: I'm 5'10 190lbs 15-17% body fat; from 155 11-13% BF, I do a **** load of Hiit and cardio on top of Powerlifting. I was 210lbs of pure lard a few years back and couldn't even bench 95lbs, or run a quarter of a mile, and it looked like crap. Unless you are living in a concentration camp; this has been shown to work; these four thing will get you 95-99% of the gains you may receive; supplements are a complete waste unless you are looking to be Mr. Heath or Ed Coan and "need" that 1% edge (plus the extra 10% from steroids). Basically; get these four things down first; then add in supplements if you REALLY think you "need" them. As you can tell; I strongly discourage supplement use (multivitamin and fish oil, maybe creatine are the exceptions). And I can tell you Glutamine does almost zilch compared to proper nutrition and mobility work; and BCAA's? Why? You can get enough through food (creatine as well). Also; you can get ALL the protein you need for optimum gains through plant sources; you don't need whey at all unless you eat all your carbs through pop tarts. 0.5-0.8g protein per pound is seriously all you need for optimum progress.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Whey if needed to hit my protein
    Creatine
    Multi (when I remember)
    Ice-cream
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    This is all you need....
    -Coffee (cheaper than pre workouts and better for you)
    -Food (stop whining how you can't eat enough)
    -Hard consistent work (I mean hard; doesn't have to be long)
    -Recovery

Source: I'm 5'10 190lbs 15-17% body fat; from 155 11-13% BF, I do a **** load of Hiit and cardio on top of Powerlifting. I was 210lbs of pure lard a few years back and couldn't even bench 95lbs, or run a quarter of a mile, and it looked like crap. Unless you are living in a concentration camp; this has been shown to work; these four thing will get you 95-99% of the gains you may receive; supplements are a complete waste unless you are looking to be Mr. Heath or Ed Coan and "need" that 1% edge (plus the extra 10% from steroids). Basically; get these four things down first; then add in supplements if you REALLY think you "need" them. As you can tell; I strongly discourage supplement use (multivitamin and fish oil, maybe creatine are the exceptions). And I can tell you Glutamine does almost zilch compared to proper nutrition and mobility work; and BCAA's? Why? You can get enough through food (creatine as well). Also; you can get ALL the protein you need for optimum gains through plant sources; you don't need whey at all unless you eat all your carbs through pop tarts. 0.5-0.8g protein per pound is seriously all you need for optimum progress.

Re creatine: you cannot get enough creatine from food to be 'optimal', especially of you do not eat (much) meat.

Re protein: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24092765/?i=2&from=sport,+training
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    creatine and the occasional protein powder
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Protein powder
    Dark Chocolate (dat fat macro)
    I probably should take a multi.
  • star5785
    star5785 Posts: 140
    I take a multivitamin, vitamin E, and eat protein bars on workout days.
  • miss_henrie
    miss_henrie Posts: 6 Member
    Magnesium. That is all.
  • (Remember, I'm 45 with a history of orthopaedic surgeries with metallic instrumentation) I lift heavy in the gym, (compound exercises) and do hiit and controlled fatigue training, alternating for 5-6 days per week, on a keto adaptation plan. My goal is to become fat adapted, and I have trouble getting all my calories/macros, so:

Gold standard whey
    Creatine
    Biotin (just trying out some recovery crap with this in it)
    C
    B50
    Multi vitamin (I use the over 50 formulation)
    Magnesium
    Potassium
    Calcium
    Lecithin
    Super krill
    Glucosamine and chondroitin
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Optimum Nutrition - Optimen Multivitamin
    Optimum Nutrition - Fish Oil
    Natures Bounty - Advanced Probiotic 10
    GNC - Milk Thistle