November 2013 Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    Rest day for me today. TT tomorrow.

BunBu - You are really knocking out the miles. You and DCMAT never cease to amaze me!

Kar328 - I can relate to the long shifts. I've got 55 hours left on my current shift. Pulling 14 hour shifts can get long and tiring.

Dave and Janet - I can't thank you guys enough for all the work you put into making this the best thread ever! Thanks!

Dinos - We got up to a balmy 35 degrees in the Flathead Valley of Montana. The snow was falling on and off all day and I've been surfing the websites for a new pair of Telemark Skis. The weather there sounds like paradise but I would miss the skiing. :bigsmile:
  • RedBess
    RedBess Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    11/30: 13.2km

exercise.png
  • LivvieO
    LivvieO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Missed my target again. Boooooo!
    I'll try again next month and every month after till I'm back on track

exercise.png
  • Kaplat
    Kaplat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Was hoping to make it to 100 but didn't quite get there :(
    New start for December coming up.

exercise.png
  • kw1452
    kw1452 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Got sick right at the end of the month, so there is no way I'll meet my goal. But I walked really far so good for me.

exercise.png
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I did it! But just barely. Cold, wet weather kinda throw me for a loop last week. This Texas girl isn't prepared for 40 degree weather.

11/29 - PM walk - 2.68m
    11/30 - AM walk - 2.68m

exercise.png
  • kathuggs
    kathuggs Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    3.25 miles for my day 3 run streak to bring my November total to 31.12 miles. Passed my goal!!! Woo hoo!!!

exercise.png
  • sunflower9194
    sunflower9194 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    MTD 19.8
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    11/27: 1.5 miles

Total: 21.25 miles; Goal: 20 miles.

Wooo, hooo, I did it! Even with Thanksgiving throwing off my schedule. Heading to the gym in a bit to log a few more. Can't wait to up my goal for the December challenge.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Spent the last couple of days traveling, eating and shopping. :smile: And catching up with the college age daughter before she goes back to take her finals. :happy: As far as moving..:blushing: ..well.....:blushing: I really need to get at it today. I WILL MAKE MY GOAL. :happy: Nothing like the deadline to make me get it in gear.

Added 10.75 miles in the last 4 days.

exercise.png
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    2 miles this morning to finish off the month short.

Congrats to all those who met their goals!! Great work to all those who attempted this months challenge, the important thing is that you all tried!

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Spent the last couple of days traveling, eating and shopping. :smile: And catching up with the college age daughter before she goes back to take her finals. :happy: As far as moving..:blushing: ..well.....:blushing: I really need to get at it today. I WILL MAKE MY GOAL. :happy: Nothing like the deadline to make me get it in gear.

Added 10.75 miles in the last 4 days.

exercise.png
    @taxmom:
    Family time is soooooooo precious! :flowerforyou: And there was never a doubt in my mind that you were gonna make your goal! :wink:
  • bunbu
    bunbu Posts: 131
    Options
    Rest day for me today. TT tomorrow.

BunBu - You are really knocking out the miles. You and DCMAT never cease to amaze me!

Kar328 - I can relate to the long shifts. I've got 55 hours left on my current shift. Pulling 14 hour shifts can get long and tiring.

Dave and Janet - I can't thank you guys enough for all the work you put into making this the best thread ever! Thanks!

Dinos - We got up to a balmy 35 degrees in the Flathead Valley of Montana. The snow was falling on and off all day and I've been surfing the websites for a new pair of Telemark Skis. The weather there sounds like paradise but I would miss the skiing. :bigsmile:

awe thanks! DCMAT is really crushing past his goal and is getting up there. Next month I plan not to have to push for miles on the last day or two :P
  • Beckyann1971
    Options
    3 miles today doing c25k and some continued walking. That puts me at 47, 3 under goal. I feel great about what I have done this month, inspite of being under goal, plus today I did the 20 min run at 5.0 in week 5 of c25k, which is just incredible for me. When I completed c25k my first time, it was at 3.5. And this time I am getting through it after lots of health issues that had knocked me completely down, and I'm still recovering from or bouncing back from. Some of it I don't think will ever go away. I will continue in December, as you all are very supportive and motivating, Thank you for that!

exercise.png
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    6.5 yesterday and 6 today... not sure what tomorrow will bring, we are suppose to get a big dump of snow!

exercise.png
  • Avarindria
    Avarindria Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    November 27 - 6.8 miles
    November 30 - 7.42 miles

Finished the month with 150 miles... Fell 50 miles short of the goal I set. BUT am very proud of myself for getting as far as I did!!

For those of you who made your goal, congratulations!! And for those of us who didn't, congratulations on the progress made!!

:flowerforyou:

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

And making goal are (drum roll please)....Calliope610, Kathuggs, and hoyalawya2003! :drinker:

Now for statistics Saturday:

Today is the last day of November, though I suspect people will be posting their final miles for the rest of today and into tomorrow. But as of now we have:

52 people have made goal! :drinker: That's 22% of those who started.
    5 people are still listed as being on track (ok I confess I don't know what this means - I thought because today was the last day of the month you either made goal or not, but I'm not going to try to decipher Dave's formula which is no doubt very sophisticated LOL)
    30 people (12%) never moved at all :grumble: Boo! Hiss!
    107 people (44%) gave it a good try! Yeah!
    The average participant moved 89 miles in November. That's almost 3 miles a day.
    As a group we moved 18,809 miles! That's about 2,000 more than last month, which was a previous record!
    Since the challenge was started we've moved over 285,000 miles! Do you realize that's enough to circle the earth 11 times?

See you all in December!
  • Mbuhler
    Mbuhler Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Last haul ... didn't quite make my goal but came very close... AND that was after doubling my distance in the middle of the month. Way to go everyone and see you all in December.

Thurs Nov 28 - 3km walk
    Sat Nov 30 - 11.1km bike and 1.1km swim

exercise.png
  • bunbu
    bunbu Posts: 131
    Options
    30 miles for today

Total to date 2,000.13

I MADE GOAL!!!!!!! YAY ME! lol!

Next month I plan to finish very very early just incase hubby gets back from deployment early and is able to check in :) Plus I dont like last minute finishing. :)
  • 0nehappyheart
    Options
    exercise.png