Replies

• annfig75
    annfig75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are below my goal weight and we are the same height
  • tuneweplay
    tuneweplay Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    EXACTLY.........PLUS drink: water Water WATER!
    I've done the Advocare 24 Day challenge. I lost weight while I was on it, but I've also lost weight while I wasn't on it. You know what else I lost? The money I spent on it. Total waste.

Change your diet. Exercise more. Take vitamins if you need them (there's no way the makers of Advocare know what vitamins MY body is deficient in). That's all it takes. There is no magic pill or supplement or formula. Calories in < calories out. Period.
  • erinbran16
    Options
    alot of people have that problem, the products arent meant to be a miracle pill but an aide in a lifestyle change. I did my first challenge and lost 23 pounds. then my husband lost 30. We have our good days and bad diet days but bc of the products we supplement with clean eating we have maintained and I have continued to loose another 20 pounds
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    What are these toxins you all speak of? Can you name any?
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    still waiting to hear what toxins you need to cleanse.. just name one.. any one will do.
  • erinbran16
    Options
    While doing advocare you need to drink HALF your body weight in ounces of water :)
    EXACTLY.........PLUS drink: water Water WATER!
    I've done the Advocare 24 Day challenge. I lost weight while I was on it, but I've also lost weight while I wasn't on it. You know what else I lost? The money I spent on it. Total waste.

Change your diet. Exercise more. Take vitamins if you need them (there's no way the makers of Advocare know what vitamins MY body is deficient in). That's all it takes. There is no magic pill or supplement or formula. Calories in < calories out. Period.
  • mes416
    mes416 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So im 20 years old and about to start the max phase. I probably haven't eaten as well as I normal do or should because of finals week, so I haven't seen any results, but I do have a question. Are you supposed to lose more weight on the Max phase? I am just not impressed with how Im feeling during the cleanse. Like I said, I normally eat 1300 cals a day and burn 800-900 cals a day, but it has not been like that this week, but I'm back on the train with that tomorrow and Im hoping the max phase will impress me? Any tips on what to eat and what to avoid during max phase for best and most results? I have 15 pounds to lose to reach my goal weight and have no self esteem right about now.
  • riskybizness02
    Options
    Hello people: I did the 24 day challenge twice. I have insulin resistance and was not able to see great results that you were so easily able to see I was quite disappointed with my 3 pound weight loss. I am using the mns c, fish oil and spark. My weight would not come off until I saw a naturopath to correct my higher sugar levels. I am attempting phase two again with the sugar levels down with supplements from the naturopath so we will see if it will now help me be successful.
  • riskybizness02
    Options
    So im 20 years old and about to start the max phase. I probably haven't eaten as well as I normal do or should because of finals week, so I haven't seen any results, but I do have a question. Are you supposed to lose more weight on the Max phase? I am just not impressed with how Im feeling during the cleanse. Like I said, I normally eat 1300 cals a day and burn 800-900 cals a day, but it has not been like that this week, but I'm back on the train with that tomorrow and Im hoping the max phase will impress me? Any tips on what to eat and what to avoid during max phase for best and most results? I have 15 pounds to lose to reach my goal weight and have no self esteem right about now.

I thnk its important that you let us know more about yourself. Your height and weight. is it reasonable for your ht and wt to lose an additional 15? It sounds like your calorie total of 1300 and burning 900 is not giving you much to live on for your muscles. when you track your food and save entries. does it highlight that you are not eating enough based on your calorie expenditures? I think if you work out every other day, and give your body a chance to rest you may see a new change in your numbers. Also, are you mixing it up weights and cardio? that can really make a change too
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    In..
    ... for Advocare sales pitches.
  • ldholcombe
    ldholcombe Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have lost 75lbs since Feb. with Advocare. I went from 235 to 160!! I love Advocare!
  • lisacarlisle35
    Options
    Hi- I'm eager to try the challenge and my co-worker is a distributer but as soon as I heard someone mention their reaction to Niacin I took a step back due to my own serious reaction to it. Has anyone else had any adverse reactions? Thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated since I was thinking of just starting with the cleanse portion at first.
  • erika08991
    Options
    Hi guys im starting the advocare 24 day challenge and i wanted to know if ay of you saw results with in the 24 days .
    do u need to exercise ? If so how long how many times a week? I also bought the catalist. Have any one of u tryd this ? has it worked.
  • Campnhike416
    Options
    On Day 15, Max Phase, seem more hungry, not loosing weight, walking 3 to 6 miles a day, 5 days a week, doubting the Challenge. Also, reading about alot of benefits of drinking coffee moderately...helps with dementia and some cancers.....so....I will stick with the Challenge but then may just continue my own healthy habits rather than buying all the Advocare products...Weight Watchers program.
  • kayleighchisar
    kayleighchisar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I loved the challenge! Felt so much better after and the jump start weight loss was exactly what I needed to stay motivated!
  • heatheraugust03
    heatheraugust03 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Not sure what this is? Pills? drinks? where do i buy them? what clean foods? ps i just started jan1 and just getting use to this. help
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My husband has issues with Niacin also...has had no problems other than with the Fruit Punch Spark for some reason!
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Advocare since September and am down 45 pounds with it...my sister is down 80 since May...good luck, it works if you do it right!
  • annmomto8
    Options
    Hi all!

I just started 24 day challenge today. Almost gagged on the fiber drink. Any tips? I'm also not eating sugar calories so juice isn't an option for me. I do exercise for an hour, 6 days a week so I'm hoping Advocare will help me get these last 10 lbs off!!
  • michelleraebaker
    michelleraebaker Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am a clean eater who exercises vigorously 6-7 times a week and follows programs such as P90X and Insanity. This is my unbiased review:

I took the challenge and lost 7 lbs. 7 lbs. is an average of 2.3 lbs. per week. That is just a touch more then someone should lose per week by eating healthy, counting calories and exercising. I thought the shakes were disgusting and didn't like having to remember to take the millions of pills. I did however really like the Spark drink, it tasted good and gave you energy. The Spark drink though has sugar substitutes which if you are at all into clean and healthy eating those are a big no, no's. I thought it was a waste of time, money and effort because I feel like I could have lost 7 lbs. in 21 days living my typical healthy lifestyle. If you are someone who tends to eat unhealthy and not exercise I think it would probably be a great tool to start but if you have already changed your habits into good ones and made that lifestyle change, it's a waste. Also the kit that comes in the mail and the pamphlet is pretty poor as far as what food choices you can eat. The coach I bought it from gave me a list of things and recipes that helped but the initial pamphlet was not helpful at all.

This is my completely unbiased opinion. I like trying new things to see if they actually work and tend to do quite a few challenges, this challenge in my mind was a fail. Good luck it may work for you though!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!