Guess the next diet fad!

Replies

• GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Skinny Smelling Salts - smell your way to thin!

Yummy smells make us salivate and want to eat so it stands to reason stinky smells will repulse us and make us lose our appetite. Just open the vial and take a whiff as needed.

Available in:
    Country Skunk
    Used Baby Diapers
    Chunky Vomit
    Bad B.O.
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Homeless Diet aka Found Food Diet. You can only eat leftovers you find laying around at various places. The smaller portions will be the big draw here. Bonus points if you find half eaten gluten free or Greek items!

this is an actual thing but vegan food -- its called Freegan.

Not all freegans are vegans. I have a friend that will dumpster dive cheese pizza.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    fruit juicing and eliminating all sugars...

I've totally cut out sugar myself. I used to put tons of syrup on my pancakes for instance but I use organic local honey now instead!!!

you realize honey has sugar in it, right?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Feeding tube/IV diet. You just load up the required amount of calories for the day and stop eating with your mouth entirely.

Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me. :(

It is..

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2012/04/17/the-feeding-tube-diet-and-our-limitless-weight-loss-idiocy/
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    This is tough. Hasn't it all been done?

Lemon juice and maple syrup.
    Baby food / micro portions
    Fat free
    Carb free
    Juice
    Shakes
    Crash
    Cabbage soup

And don't forget..

Breatharian

I'm all out of ideas.

I went and googled Breatharian and lemon juice/maple syrup out of morbid curiosity. WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! :sad:
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    This is tough. Hasn't it all been done?

Lemon juice and maple syrup.
    Baby food / micro portions
    Fat free
    Carb free
    Juice
    Shakes
    Crash
    Cabbage soup

And don't forget..

Breatharian

I'm all out of ideas.

I went and googled Breatharian and lemon juice/maple syrup out of morbid curiosity. WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! :sad:

"Breatharianism" is a potentially lethal pseudoscience, and several adherents of these practices have died from starvation.
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Homeless Diet aka Found Food Diet. You can only eat leftovers you find laying around at various places. The smaller portions will be the big draw here. Bonus points if you find half eaten gluten free or Greek items!

Not all freegans are vegans. I have a friend that will dumpster dive cheese pizza.

really? i thought they all were. that would be really hard though. either way, gross haha
  • happynita
    happynita Posts: 7 Member
    Soylent green? Or just pills/supplements only (no real food).
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Starvation mode diet.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

really? i thought they all were. that would be really hard though. either way, gross haha
    It would be hard enough to be a vegan who doesn't have to scavenge for food.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    That fish oil is bad for you. That supplements are equally bad unless a blood test shows you're deficient in something. It won't be a fad.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    the lower palaeolithic diet. AKA eating road kill butchered with stone tools (or if it follows in the same line of reasoning as the paleo diet, it'll be eating whatever the heck some guru who's never studied human evolution in his life guesses that lower palaeolithic people ate, and it'll include modern foods like chocolate chip cookies, just made from bone marrow and roots or something. And cauliflower, because Homo habilis used cauliflower to make pizza base. (the bloke who wrote the book about this diet said so therefore it must be true.))

the brussel sprout chlorophyll ketone diet. You get the chlorophyll out of brussels sprouts then make it into ketones then put it in pills then sell it along with a 800 cal/day diet. Like the green coffee beans and raspberry ketones all mixed together, but better.

the low carb low fat diet. Very simple. Eat nothing but protein. Die of rabbit starvation (and don't forget the bit about going crazy before you die). Fun.

The dungeon diet. Very simple. Stale bread and water for one meal each day. Hey, those dungeon prisoners got really, really thin you know!

Ye Olde British sailors diet. You eat meat preserved in salt, plus limes and drink as much rum as you like.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    "The Sleeping Beauty Diet"

The patient is put into a medically-induced coma and fed a 600 calorie per day liquid diet via feeding tube. Muscles are electrically stimulated to reduce loss of lean body mass, and daily therapeutic stretching and bending is performed to retain flexibility.

C'mon, you know people would do it.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Consume 80% of your daily diet in hard liquor. The other 20% can only be protein. Find yourself throwing up fervently on day 3. Score, weight loss and no appetite! Plenty of hydration! Plus protein!
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Overheard a work colleague telling everyone that you could lose weight by eating a spoonful of honey every day. Its in the Daily Mail so it must be true: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2516510/The-honey-diet-Drop-dress-size-party-season-having-spoonful-honey-bed--following-delicious-recipes.html
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    in for later
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    if you eat while walking the entire time you are eating, you will not gain weight.:laugh:

Oh everyone knows this one! It's a well known fact that food eaten whilst walking has zero calories just like fries stolen from someone else's plate :wink:
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    crack
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    NO-CARBon DIET

Toxins and chemical build up in your body and make you fat. You'd be surprised just how much food is made with carbon, and by cutting out those foods, you're guaranteed to shed pounds. That's the stuff coal is made out of. You wouldn't eat coal would you?
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    The model diet ! where all your allowed to eat is cotton balls soaked in orange juice . Just swallow em. Thats all you get and you think your full. True story . heeheee

:sick: please tell me that's a sick (enter expletive here) joke

It may or may not be true....but it was in a tabloid.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-body/news/eddie-murphys-daughter-bria-says-models-eat-cotton-balls-soaked-in-orange-juice-2013126

You never know what desperation will lead some people to do.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    A lot of kids are doing that around here. The cotton ball + OJ thing.
  • MstngSammy
    Organ removal. Guaranteed weight loss. "I lost 15 pounds just by removing my spleen!!" :laugh:

Already done....people have their stomachs removed all of the time :ohwell:
  • texerus
    texerus Posts: 62 Member
    The "Obama care" diet. Over promise and under deliver. Yes, I went political....bad.:noway:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    eat like the ancient romans.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    The traffic light diet. Eat one red coloured meal, one yellow and one green each day.

Meanwhile, as its winter here in the uk, get a good old cough and work that core (and pelvic floor)
  • MstngSammy
    A lot of kids are doing that around here. The cotton ball + OJ thing.

:sick: :frown:
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    I think it was the TV programme "The men that made us thin (or possibly fat?)" that had this revolting new idea of having a tube inserted into your stomach so you could eat masses of food then go to the toilet, attach a pump to the tube and remove one third of the food that you had just eaten. The inventor of this ingenious device had sunk his own money into the plan and was convinced that people would be queuing round the block to have it fitted!! Why??? Just eat less.:sick:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    The next big fad will be the low protein diet. Low fat and low carbs has been done, and protein is the only macronutrient left.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Getting kicked or punched in the stomach over and over will strengthen your core and control your appetite at the same time.

Good idea for DVD. I'll name it "Utter Insanity". 60 minutes of someone punching you in the guts in a high intensity interval training format.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    eat like the ancient romans.

Like it. Or the Sparta Diet?