ate calories by 3pm

Options

Replies

• Jacson53
    Jacson53 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

why would you give up coffee? just use 30 cal almond milk for cream! taste really good actually!

Just FYI
    It is the Unsweetened plain Almond milk that is 30 calories per serving. The regular is 60.

My wife loves the stuff. I can't get it down. Different strokes *shrug*
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    me! :( thats why i hate days off because I binge eat.
    Today I bought a 200g chocolate bar and ate it all and it was like 1100 calories! i didnt log it in because im too ashamed of myself.
    Hope tomorrow is better

So because you didn't log it, it didn't happen? You ate it, log it. There is absolutely no point in counting calories if you are just gonna half-*kitten* it.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    So eat more-- no need to be miserable on your day off.

Maybe you wipe out a day or two's worth of deficit, but so what? That still leaves four days of deficit for the week, so you're still coming out ahead.

*edit*, I just realized this is about maintaining and not losing. 1350 is your *maintenance*?
  • Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've been a little too indulgent today too, ugh! There's a snow storm on its way and I'm trying to stay occupied at home... Yay for this thread!
  • Shellerini
    Shellerini Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Today I bought a 200g chocolate bar and ate it all and it was like 1100 calories! i didnt log it in because im too ashamed of myself.
    Hope tomorrow is better

So because you didn't log it, it didn't happen? You ate it, log it. There is absolutely no point in counting calories if you are just gonna half-*kitten* it.

but it looks bad :( I ate over 3000 calories when im only suppose to have 1800!! Im not going to gain any weight but just the thought of having to log a 1200 calorie snack makes me sick ;P
    It tasted good but I gotta control myself
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I know sometimes I leave a "window" for possible miscalculations, but I couldn't miss out on 300 calories. That's a dessert or extra fruit or extra whatever. This sounds miserable to me...
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Days I'm off work I seem to eat my daily calorie limit by 3 pm. I hate it! my weakness is coffee creamer and random snacking on food such as pretzels. I've been trying to keep busy on my days off of work but my body seems to know it's my "lazy" day and wants to eat more. I had 1350 calories and I don't want to eat anymore just in case I miscalculated anywhere. I guess I need to work out soon so I don't feel so angry at myself. Who else has days like this?

Find lower calorie alternatives to keep around (like the almond milk suggestion) and for mindless snacking, turn to things like apples.

You can also go out and take walks, etc, so you aren't just sitting at home all day.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    been there done that 2eggs and 1/2 cup cantaloupe its like 200 cals and will fill u up for dinner then just cut out 200 more tomorrow!

1/2 a cantaloupe is more than 60 kcals ... You're talking more like 300-350 ... I know, I routinely eat half a cantaloupe (or half of a papaya) filled with cottage cheese, most mornings ...
  • sassabella
    Options
    Days I'm off work I seem to eat my daily calorie limit by 3 pm. I hate it! my weakness is coffee creamer and random snacking on food such as pretzels. I've been trying to keep busy on my days off of work but my body seems to know it's my "lazy" day and wants to eat more. I had 1350 calories and I don't want to eat anymore just in case I miscalculated anywhere. I guess I need to work out soon so I don't feel so angry at myself. Who else has days like this?

I have days like this. Especially at the moment actually because I'm a bit stressed so the want for comfort food is annoyingly increasing. My weakness is corn chips for some reason. However, I generally eat really well aside from that. Don't be too hard on yourself though, I think that everyone has something that they find hard to resist. Going over a few times isn't going to hurt you too badly. If you can make sure you're eating well most of the time then you're doing pretty well :)
  • skorenfeld123
    skorenfeld123 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yep, I totally do this. If I can, I try to make myself something that I can eat mindlessly and feel little or no guilt about. It sounds weird but cucumbers sliced with salt and pepper are both crunchy and (duh) salty, and I can space out and eat that until the end of time.

That being said, it's not the worst thing in the world and you'll be fine when you pick back up tomorrow!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options

why would you give up coffee? just use 30 cal almond milk for cream! taste really good actually!

Just FYI
    It is the Unsweetened plain Almond milk that is 30 calories per serving. The regular is 60.

My wife loves the stuff. I can't get it down. Different strokes *shrug*

no, I don't like the vanilla, I get the unsweetened original, and its 30 cals... there is a 60 cal, but also a 30 cal.
  • MrsBingley
    Options
    Well, what I would do then is measure out ALL the coffee stuff you will use during the day and put it into separated containers in the morning. That way you don't have to measure and calculate the add ins for each cup of coffee. You can measure put 1/2 cup of creamer and 1/4 cup of sugar for example, log it once and only use that.

1600 sounds way more reasonable than 1350. You can always save 50-100 cals on work days to save for weekends too :)
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    So eat more-- no need to be miserable on your day off.

Maybe you wipe out a day or two's worth of deficit, but so what? That still leaves four days of deficit for the week, so you're still coming out ahead.

*edit*, I just realized this is about maintaining and not losing. 1350 is your *maintenance*?

I can have up to 1650 to maintain my weight.
  • kroonha
    kroonha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I suggest you prep a lot of veggies to snack on when you're at home. Carrots, cucumbers, celery, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, etc.
    They satisfy the 'snacking' craving and you can dress them with a bit of hummus or make dip out of low-fat greek yoghurt or sour cream. Add a little salt, pepper, cumin and mustard and it already is a nice dip. Or go on skinnytaste.com for other dip ideas.

Either way, they're crunchy and good for you and satisfy that snack craving. Oh, and try to drink lots and lots of water :)

Minimizing the amount of bad snacks wouldn't hurt either...
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I agree that planning will help. Also, if there are certain food you are tempted by don't purchase it.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to limit my coffee, but honestly I cant think straight without it. I gave up so much to lose 130 pounds and the only thing I have kept is coffee, except I don't use real sugar in it anymore.

Are you getting plenty of healthy fats and protein? The foods you listed do not sound very filling. Also, don't be afraid to go over 1300 if you are hungry, since you said yourself maintenance is more like 1600 for you.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    Hope tomorrow is better

but it looks bad :( I ate over 3000 calories when im only suppose to have 1800!! Im not going to gain any weight but just the thought of having to log a 1200 calorie snack makes me sick ;P
    It tasted good but I gotta control myself

It doesn't look sick. I have several people on my FL that go that high on occasion. We just post 'Yeah, great day! Chocolate!'. No biggie.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    Ugh I just want to scream because this always happens to me. I spent 4 hours just cleaning my house, and trying to ignore my urge to eat. I know a lot of it is boredom but I don't have my own car so I cant just leave when I want to. I hope I feel better when I work out, which I'll do soon.

Log your house cleaning as an activity (it's in the database). Bet you earned yourself some extras there.
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I tend to snack mindlessly also, and my two best remedies around this are either chewing gum or getting a cup o' Cheerios (1 cup - 100 cal) and nomming down while I'm on my computer. That way, I get to have that constantly snacking feeling without lots of calories
  • nygiants1313
    Options
    go burn 300 in calories in a half hour of cardio and enjoy a nice 300 calorie dinner and your good to go :)