Is it "Unmanly" For a Guy to be a Huge Salad Lover?

Options
I have a question for everyone here. Do any of you think that it is unusual or "unmanly" for a guy to be a huge salad lover? I happen to absolutely love salads! In fact I would say that over time salads have become just about my favorite food. A really good Chefs salad or a Cobb salad are definitely two of my favorite foods. I eat salads all the time. I know that salads can actually be unhealthy, but I normally try hard to make sure my salads are healthy. I eat a big salad at least everyday. I normally make myself a salad everyday for lunch at work. There are some days occasionally when I'll eat a salad for both lunch and dinner. I also almost never get bored of salads with all the different topping and dressings you can put on salads. The reason I ask this question is that it's been my experience that almost all salad lovers are women, not men. Also, I've had people tell me directly that it's unusual to see a guy who loves salads as much as I do. Moreover, I live in a part of the country where the beef industry is king. So there are times I've gotten strange looks from people when I've eaten big salads at restaurants in the region I live. So do any of you think it's strange or even "unmanly" for a guy to love salads as much as I do, or do you think I'm being overly self-conscious?

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I think the fact that my husband loves salads makes him look like a betch... and I LOVE IT!!! hehehe, just kidding, I think men who eat salad are just as manly as men to chew on bloodied steaks...
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I don't know about all that...........

but I love me some salad.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    It's ok to love your salad. Just don't love your salad (in public).
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I think it's more "unmanly" to worry about such a thing. Now eat your vegetables.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    ok, seriously tho... if you love salad... you would go crazy over mine!!! I don't use any dressing, instead, I use the seeds and juice content of a pomegranate and red vinegar... yummm!!! spring mix lettuce, spinach, add in a crap load of chopped tomato, red onion, red / orange / yellow peppers, dehydrated cranberries, minced garlic, jalapeno, cucumber and avocado... TO DIE FOR!!!
  • kjg1965297
    Options
    No not a chance. Love the greens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
  • dynamicdreamer
    Options
    No, there's nothing unmanly about eating vegetables. If you're worried about your masculinity, throw in some extra protein.

edit: Apparently bad words aren't allowed on MFP. :tongue:
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Now why on earth would vegetables be gender specific??? of course its not unmanly unless you're my ex ;=) Just kidding. of course its not !! LOVE AWAY ;-)
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Salad is ****ing amazing
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    not unless that salad was made up of pictures of kittens, puppes and penises.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I think the fact that my husband loves salads makes him look like a betch... and I LOVE IT!!! hehehe, just kidding, I think men who eat salad are just as manly as men to chew on bloodied steaks...

I slice my bloodied steak and put it in my salad!! :drinker: What does that make me? LOL
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Nope. I think eating vegetables is sexy
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I pee standing up...enough said about manly, the rest is b*......
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    In for tossing salad.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Who gives a *kitten* if ppl think it's unmanly! Go on wit your bad self and eat your salads!
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    IS IT TOO MANLY FOR A GIRL TO HAVE WINGS AND A BEER OR THREE???
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I love a man who eats his veggies! Carry on with your salad-lovin' self.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    In for tossing salad.

aww too late!
  • victorialynnwillis
    Options
    No! enjoy your salads!
  • gypsyGIRL159
    gypsyGIRL159 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    NO WAY!!!!! It actually is SUPER! Shows the Man is Healthy, and into Life... and not death. We are what we eat. I eat so much Spinach and Salad that I know exactly what you mean. Had I always eaten like this I would never have been Obese... or Morbidly Obese. When you have hopes and dreams and want the best life has to offer.... you do what you must do to give yourself the best chance of SURVIVAL.

I SAY - ENJOY!!!! Have an occasional Steak, Chop, or Beef Patty with your Greens.... but by all means NEVER COMPROMISE YOUR HEALTH FOR OTHERS. :laugh: