day 4 and already blew it.

Options
124»

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Good advice. I'm definitely used to exercising a lot. I used to run 30 miles a week. That wad 40 lbs ago. I do a lot of walking and Elliptical and strength twice a week. My bmr is 1500. I tend to have an all or nothing personality. Either in on thisor I'm not.

past experience showed me I needed 1200-1400 cals to lose 1-2 lbs a week. That's with exercise. Was I hungry last night? Meh. Where is my willpower? I am hoping I can last the next 4 days and just get through one week. Btw, I didn't weigh myself before starting mfp. Couldn't face scale. But I have an idea. Just need to stop this nighttime binging. Wish I could fall asleep and stay asleep.

Are you eating your exercise calories back?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't exercise and why I eat the foods I like, and just watch the calorie limit. If I'm miserable from having to eat certain foods and exhausted from running myself ragged, I'm certainly not going to have any willpower left over to watch my calories. And since calories are the only thing that really matters with weight loss, I decided to make that the sole focus of my limited willpower reserves. :drinker:

That's funny, because I didn't exercise today (have a cold or some damn thing) and I'm SO missing my extra calories tonight! For me it takes MORE willpower to not over eat on rest days than on exercise days.
  • Corail93
    Options
    Don't worry mate!
    Keep going, next time say to yourself you've learned your lesson.
    i'm amazed as well as to how fast one can consume calories.. by the triple digits!!! we have crazy foods in our lives!
    STAY STRONG! and if you can, try to do a normal speed walk at the gym for an extra 30 min per day. this will help you a lot. at the end of the month.
    Cheers