Your weird food eating habits

Options

Replies

• michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My husband would say my weirdest food eating habit is weighing and measuring all my food.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    The smallest container I will eat my salads from is a pie plate, and if someone thinks thats too big, I want to throw my salad at them.

I <3 you lol

Just keepin' it real yo! lol
  • Helenca76
    Helenca76 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not alone.

I can only eat bacon using my fingers, can't use a knife and fork to cut it up cause it tastes different to me and it has to be crispy to the point of burnt and then I spend ages breaking off the crispy fat to throw away.
    Can't eat fish if the head and tail are still on.
    Will only eat cheese if it's grated.
    Don't like fruit, it makes me heave.
    Can't eat the stalks of veg so broccoli and cauliflower, I will cut the stalks off and cut lettuce the same so we just have the leafy part.
    I have to peel the outer layer off mushrooms before cooking them, I don't feel comfortable with just rinsing them off under the tap.
    I have to wash all meat before cooking too.....not sure why just a habit I guess :smile:
  • robinsondel
    Options
    Since I've started eating "better" the past 6 or so weeks, I don't really have many weird eating habits, other than I can literally eat the same thing everyday. I think I ate baked chicken breasts with roasted bell peppers for 2 straight weeks. That's a carry over. Before I started trying to lose weight, I would literally go the same lunch place, multiple times a week and order the exact same thing and never get tired of it.

Before I started trying to lose weight, I had a few. A couple I can think of is that I almost never re-heat leftovers. One of my favorite things to eat cold is lasagna. I don't know why, but I love cold lasagna. Also, I used to eat peanut butter and bologna sandwiches. It had to be a really thick slice, like 1/2 inch and smother it with peanut butter. Some old dude was eating one, one day and I told him that looked disgusting, he asked if I'd ever tried it, I said nope, tried it, loved it! To this day, I've never met anyone else that enjoys that combo.
  • quickstraw
    quickstraw Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I must eat sandwiches open face. Then I eat the second slice of bread.
  • deadwax
    Options
    I've eaten the same thing for breakfast for at least the past 8 years, probably longer.

Wild Woodland Blueberries - 60g - 34cal
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch - 40g - 150cal
    Organic Yogurt - 175g - 120cal

I've recently added the following to the above:

All-bran Buds - 28g - 70cal

I guess I am a creature of habit.
  • mirendajean
    mirendajean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I'm eating breakfast alone I eat my crispy fried egg white with my fingers. I eat everything else with fork and knife. I just love the feel of eggs.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I don't like tomatoes skin, if cooked, so I put them away (especially in soups or sauces). While uncooked, though, I can eat fresh whole tomatoes. If the skin isn't smooth and it starts ripping off I don't like it anymore...
    I always cut my onions with gloves on because I once cut it and didn't get rid of the smell for 2+ days.
    I surely do have more but I can't recall them now...
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I like my sandwiches warm. I really don't like them straight out the fridge, they have to have been given time to "warm up".
    I like lasagna the best when it's had time to sit in the fridge for a day and isn't as "liquidy".
    I love ice cream the best when eaten in that just started turning to soup stage where it's easy to get in a spoon and eat the whole carton up at one time.
    Soup needs to have stuff in it, I can't stand brothy soups.
  • itsfruitcake
    itsfruitcake Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Haha you guys are weeiiiirrrd :tongue:

- I always pick the whole peanuts out of the bowl first, or if I just grab a handful, I eat the whole ones first. Who needs half peanuts!?
    - With crisps it's the other way round, I eat the crushed ones first and leave the whole ones to get the perfect bag/bowl of uncrushed crisps.
    - I "balance-eat" my foods on a plate so I always have the same amount of everything on there until the end.
    - Has no one mentioned M&Ms yet? Yellow ones first, then red, then green, blue, and eff the brown ones.
  • CourtDines1
    Options
    a tuna sandwich a home is never as tasty an exciting as a tuna sandwich from work (Office Job) even if they are made exactly the same!
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options

I don't ever ever eat pork, just because they are so genetically close to humans, and omnivores, it freaks me out

this and I think porks are cute
  • pippabc
    pippabc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't like my food to touch. Like, the corn can't touch the mashed potatoes, the eggs can't touch the bacon, etc.

I am the same. If I have something like oven chips, fish fingers and baked beans (we sometimes eat that, please don't judge me!), I make a dam wall with the chips, so the beans don't touch the fish fingers.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    When cutting vegs or fruits the amount of cut pieces HAS to be a even number. I can't stand it if I cut e. g. a bell pepper and end up with 3, 5, 7, or whatever pieces.
  • SarahSteele89
    Options
    I will not eat fries that are pointy or too crunchy
    I eat all the crusts/edges off any sandwich/pie/burger first
    If im having anything with a sauce, I want all the sauce! Sauce with a side of dinner
    I cant stand the seeds in any jams, so if im using jam in a recipe I always strain out all the seeds meticulously!
    Honestly I think my list could go on forever!
  • slgghibli
    Options
    * I have developed a thing against crisps when I heard it used as a two word argument on the radio about why the English are not capable of cuisine: "Flavoured Crisps". Flavoured crisps are just so wrong to me now as it was said it with such disdain that's all I think of when I hear it.
    * I can't eat with a large spoon, I like to use a tea spoon or ideally a sundae spoon as it feels nicer to use.
    * I get cross if I don't have porridge as an option for breakfast.
    * I go mad once a month and devour a cheese board...
  • SmudgeMonkey2000
    Options
    Steamed broccoli + mustard

O.M.G!

You need to see someone about that! That's the most disgusting combination I've ever had the misfortune of reading! If only I could unread!
  • fatzamz
    Options
    I cant throw good away. ......I eat everyone's left overs, even if im full!!
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My weird eating habits are:

I love peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. Have to put peanut butter on both slices of bread and then dill pickle chips or dill sandwich slices. Yumm, The pickle cuts the stickyness of the peanut butter.

I love to eat tomato's like an apple, right from the fridge, but I detest tomato's slice's on a sandwich or in my salads. (I am getting better with them in my salads, but still don't care for them that way and if in a salad, I have to eat all the tomato pieces first)

I will mix Grapenut cereal with cottage cheese. (this was before I discovered almond milk. I can not stand regular milk at all and the cottage cheese was a good replacement.
  • ShrinkyKiwi
    Options
    It's hard to tell if my foody things are normal or weird. They're normal to me!

But:

- i love the jam and cheese combo on toast for breakfast. Raspberry jam exclusively obviously, all other jam is bad. And edam cheese is preferred. Some people completely agree and some completely don't.
    - Cold pizza. All of the cold pizza.
    - eating noises! BAAAAAAAAD. I have literally asked someone to move out because they crunched too loudly. I couldn't bear it - they either moved out or I killed them. It was that simple. Plus I used to live in Japan and my colleague would literally slurp fish-egg sandwiches at the desk next to me. So I would make sandwiches that smelt like fart just to retaliate.
    - Further to the above: hard-boiled egg and marmite sandwiches. Smell farty but taste goooood! Poached eggs with marmitey toast don't smell bad but are equally good.

Edited to correct spelling because I'm a spelly failure.