Is it "Unmanly" For a Guy to be a Huge Salad Lover?

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I am more concerned with the fact that someone is even concerned with the possibility, or that it even crosses their mind.

Manhood and condiments, it's a serious challenge. Salad tossers unite!

many levels of *snort*
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I wish my man loved salads :indifferent:
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    "Unmanly" to love and eat salads? Oh, hell to the no! My husband is a huge salad lover as well, but I have to laugh at him when it comes to eating bread. He's become totally anti-bread because it's 'fattening.' He pops a couple of beers instead and then wonders why he isn't losing weight. Hello? Why do you think it's called a 'beer belly,' I ask him.

There is nothing unmanly about loving salads so eat on!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Stock photos just want you to believe that only women love salads and that we are really happy when we eat salads...but it's only masking the pain and agony of not being able to eat chocolate since that's all we eat in reality anyway. Oh society.

I eat nothing but chocolate, just to stick it to the man.

Ha, this made me giggle. Have you ever seen the tumblr that is dedicated to stock photos of women eating salad? It's pretty entertaining.

Yes I have. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There are some pretty good ones about stock photos in general too. I think I read an article on Cracked.com about it that was quite entertaining.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Define "unmanly." I don't know what that means. Who gets to decide what is manly and unmanly?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Loving salad is not unmanly. If he loves salad more than steak, I won't lie, I'm going to be pretty turned off.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    In for tossing salad.

in soley for these comments.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily. Eating healthy shouldn't be something you should be ashamed of.

If you have a plethora of unmasculine habits, there you are not manly. If you dance around your apartment while listening to Cher and also put on makeup and use glitter, then that would be considered unmanly. If you know more about the nuances of a Kate Spade bag than the nuances of the triangle offense in basketball, that would be considered unmanly.

Salad is good. But eating things other than salad is good too. A balanced diet works.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Define "unmanly." I don't know what that means. Who gets to decide what is manly and unmanly?

Other men who still have their nuts.

Nuts?

DEEEEZ NUTS
  • kenya2009
    Options
    This post made me laugh. My fiancee always is ordering salads when we go out and eat and I pick on him for it. Meanwhile, since I save some of my calories for a "manly meal" , I end up ordering the most manliest meal on the menu. It's just funny to see this husky guy eating a garden salad and a petite girl eating steak and potatoes. Total role reversal. However, no, I do not think it is unmanly to eat salads. You like what you like!
  • GBPack93
    Options
    I feel way less manly drinking diet soda than eating salad. I always rip off the label...
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: Is it "Unmanly" For a Guy to be a Huge Salad Lover?

I hope not!
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I have a question for everyone here. Do any of you think that it is unusual or "unmanly" for a guy to be a huge salad lover? I happen to absolutely love salads! In fact I would say that over time salads have become just about my favorite food. A really good Chefs salad or a Cobb salad are definitely two of my favorite foods. I eat salads all the time. I know that salads can actually be unhealthy, but I normally try hard to make sure my salads are healthy. I eat a big salad at least everyday. I normally make myself a salad everyday for lunch at work. There are some days occasionally when I'll eat a salad for both lunch and dinner. I also almost never get bored of salads with all the different topping and dressings you can put on salads.

I don't see it as unmanly at all. Good company for me! I live with someone whose idea of salad is iceberg lettuce with tomatoes and onions.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I think it's more "unmanly" to worry about such a thing. Now eat your vegetables.

this. very much this.

I never really think twice about a guy who orders a salad as long as it's more than just lettuce with a side of lettuce. My BF eats salads frequently on his own and then when we eat together we go for steaks. As long as your diet is balanced it's fine.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    bump

May I have a fresh thread? This was is a bit wilted.
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My husband 6'4" 220 muscle LOVEsSalad
    Son 6'6" 230 -- all muscle Loves salad
    Other son 5'10" 210 personal trainer and exercise science major with degree LOVES salad the most especially when topped with protein!!! In fact I make enough salad to feed a crowd but never have left over greens!

Salad loving is manly in.my house believe me because my men are beautiful!
  • LifterDave
    LifterDave Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Is it un-manly to like salad? Are you serious? I really enjoy a good salad and if anyone wants to try to confiscate my man card over that I say bring it on.
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's un-manly. Now get your butt out in the woods, hunt a critter, kill it, skin it, and eat it. This is your penance. Salads will turn you into a girl, dude. Back away...
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    My husband 6'4" 220 muscle LOVEsSalad
    Son 6'6" 230 -- all muscle Loves salad
    Other son 5'10" 210 personal trainer and exercise science major with degree LOVES salad the most especially when topped with protein!!! In fact I make enough salad to feed a crowd but never have left over greens!

Salad loving is manly in.my house believe me because my men are beautiful!

There does seem to be a very strange thing about salads in the U.S. and I've only encountered it here. When I have heard that trash talk, it's usually from some guy who can barely do a pushup so I'm inclined to discount that definition of "manly." I like good salads almost as much as I like a good steak.