"hate speech" on MFP

Options
12345679»

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Y'all think life is all fun and jokes, its not.
    You might enjoy life a little more if you learned this little trick, though.

When life seems jolly rotten, there is something you've forgotten. And That's to laugh and smile and dance and sing. When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps. Just, purse your lips and whistle. That's the thing.

Seriously. I get the stages of grieving include anger, but you need to not take it out on the general public.

When the general public is making fun of someone that is recovering from a Pituitary tumor and a recent diagnosis of Lupus there is nothing to joke about in regards to having to eat in an inflammatory manner. Do I prefer to have to eat this way? NO.

I do, because I have to. Point, blank and simple.

I live, laugh and love with the people that show those things in return to me. Not some internet folks that like to poke fun and mock others at their expense.

A pituitary tumor? Yeah, I had one of those. An autoimmune disease? I have one of those too. I guess everyone must be poking fun at me too. :sad:
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    LOL!

I haven't got a clue what Oakland Raiders are but I LOVE the other foods so NOOOOOOOO, don't ban them mfp!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    stopsayingwords_zpsedf50ee4.jpg
    Is that an animal with a soul or an animal we can eat?

Who decided that taking a pic was better than helping the poor kid who's head was being eating?? :drinker:

Don't you know that's the way of the world these days. It's not about helping out, or stopping something bad from happening. It's about capturing it and getting it uploaded to youtube the quickest.

take the kid who was beaten to death with a 2x4 in Chicago a a couple of years ago. Many videos captured on a phone. Not one person tried to stop it. The ladies with the taser in Philly? That video went on a long time before someone steped in to try and break it up. Didn't I hear that the paparazzi were busy snapping away while Lady Di died before their eyes?

Not only that, but look how that girl is LAUGHING as her poor brother gets a slobber hair-do. :angry:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

When life seems jolly rotten, there is something you've forgotten. And That's to laugh and smile and dance and sing. When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps. Just, purse your lips and whistle. That's the thing.

Seriously. I get the stages of grieving include anger, but you need to not take it out on the general public.

When the general public is making fun of someone that is recovering from a Pituitary tumor and a recent diagnosis of Lupus there is nothing to joke about in regards to having to eat in an inflammatory manner. Do I prefer to have to eat this way? NO.

I live, laugh and love with the people that show those things in return to me. Not some internet folks that like to poke fun and mock others at their expense.

A pituitary tumor? Yeah, I had one of those. An autoimmune disease? I have one of those too. I guess everyone must be poking fun at me too. :sad:

My cauliflower joke was actually aimed at you.* :wink:

**not to be taken as a serious statement.
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Where the hell is jof with his disclaimer anyway?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Last spotted over in the mom selfie thread. See, I'm a helper. :flowerforyou:
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Wow this turned interesting.

Just for the record, I also have a lupus diagnosis as well as some other not-fun diagnoses. I choose to deal with the pain and general unpleasantness of those conditions with jokes. That's just how I roll. Definitely not my intention to put down the gluten intolerant or those with health issues. Life is dark. Humor makes it more bearable to me.

**applause** Agree 100%!! As a person with epilepsy, I am the first one to laugh at seizure joke. Life must suck for those who offend so easily. Glad I'm not one of them. :happy:
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options

Last spotted over in the mom selfie thread. See, I'm a helper. :flowerforyou:

Tell him to stop staring at the chandelier and get in here. We finally found a use for his wall of text.
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    You're just jealous!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

If you're not a troll, then it appears that you might be struggling with your health misfortunes.

When you made your original post, you saw mocking of your condition and a personal attack that was not there, and Speshul was telling you that gently.