30 day Squat challenge?

Options
Hey everyone!
5 days ago I started the 30 day squat challenge :smile: and oh my I can feel it! Was just wondering if anyone else has done it and how they found it? I'm dreading day 30! Haha. Did anyone get any really good results or doesn't think it's worth doing at all?

Thanks in advance for any replies, Have a great Day/night! :smile: x

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I did it a few months ago with some friends on MFP. It was one of the best things I did for my butt and thighs. I lost enough inches to go down one jean size.

I'm doing another 30 day squat challenge all by myself. :smile:
  • RhiannonBaugh
    RhiannonBaugh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow! That awesome! Well done :happy: Hopefully it will work just as well for me :smile:
  • iLOVEbabySARA13
    Options
    I always start...and then get aggravated by the end of the first week..
  • sypop
    sypop Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    what is the 30 day squat challenge?
  • nklp
    nklp Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm a complete beginner - how hard is it? Could I go from doing nothing and just jump straight into it?
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    bump to know about what exactly is the squat challenge?
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    try mixing up different squats and adding some dumbbells to keep it interesting:)
  • RhiannonBaugh
    Options
    You do squats for 30 days, Day 1 you start off by doing 50 squats and work up to day 30 being 250 squats if you type it into google it will come up with the 30 day plan for you :smile:
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I was searching for a thread like this yesterday! I'm starting a variation of the squat challenge today and was wondering who else has tried it. the one i'm trying thought is Buns Guns and Abs.. I found it on Pinterest :)
  • RhiannonBaugh
    Options
    Thanks :) I was actually going to buy some dumbbells in the next couple of days, what good timing :)
  • Where do I get the information on how to do the 30 day Squat challenge?
  • RhiannonBaugh
    Options
    I'm a complete beginner - how hard is it? Could I go from doing nothing and just jump straight into it?

I'd never done a squat before in my life I just started with it, I was so achy the first 2 days but I'm feeling pretty ok for the moment, hopefully I can finish it. You should defiantly go for it, you'll only get better right? :happy:
  • RhiannonBaugh
    Options
    Where do I get the information on how to do the 30 day Squat challenge?

http://30dayfitnesschallenges.com/classes/30-day-squats-challenge/#_
  • RhiannonBaugh
    Options
    I was searching for a thread like this yesterday! I'm starting a variation of the squat challenge today and was wondering who else has tried it. the one i'm trying thought is Buns Guns and Abs.. I found it on Pinterest :)

That sounds really good! Good luck :) Might have to try it out myself after I've done this one :)
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I had done a lot of exercises before for legs and butt like the leg press machine at the gym, but squats really shaped my legs. At first I only did the challenge since a friend of mine put together a group of us here to do it, but after maybe 20 days into it, I could see a visible difference. And my butt could pass a pencil test. :laugh: Put a pencil under a cheek and if it falls, that's good. If it stays in place, not good because your butt isn't lifted enough.
  • RhiannonBaugh
    Options
    I had done a lot of exercises before for legs and butt like the leg press machine at the gym, but squats really shaped my legs. At first I only did the challenge since a friend of mine put together a group of us here to do it, but after maybe 20 days into it, I could see a visible difference. And my butt could pass a pencil test. :laugh: Put a pencil under a cheek and if it falls, that's good. If it stays in place, not good because your butt isn't lifted enough.

Pencil test! That sounds so funny! I'm so going to fins a pencil now, got to try it!! :laugh:
  • Thanks I needed this advice!!!!!:smile:
  • RhiannonBaugh
    Options
    Thanks I needed this advice!!!!!:smile:
    That's okay, Hope it goes well for you if you try it :happy:
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I always start em, get to the middle then burn out and quit. This month I'm doing one and planning to stick with it, ^_^ Would love to hear from others who complete them fully and hear how their results were =)