About 3 years, finally made it.....105 pounds gone forever!!

Options
tschaff04
tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
Ok, so I debated making this post for a few reasons,

A. I am still in denial that I even made it here, I mean a few years ago when I started this journey topping in at 255 pounds I set a goal for myself to lose 100 pounds and be at a healthy and finally not overweight weight of 150 pounds. As that day approached and I inched closer and closer I started to realize I was actually GOING to reach that goal(never thought possible) and wanted to go even further. So even though I have met that goal I want to lose a few more pounds. But technically I have reached my goal. ;)...

and B. still with the denial thing, I see all these incredible stories on here and although I know I have lost 105 pounds I feel like I don't compare. Like somehow I haven't done something as amazing as so many of you. I know it's a big deal though to see these inspiring stories, they sure are for me. So I am going to share anyway. I hope I can inspire someone else who might be starting this journey.

Anyway,

Three years ago as my second child was turning one year old and I was at my heaviest weight of 255 pounds I decided it was time to make a change. I couldn't live like this anymore. I have been overweight my entire life. Well, since I was about 8 or 9 anyway. I was always the pudgy kid. Then the fat kid, and eventually the obese adult. As I had my children I gained more and more and never lost any baby weight. That brought me to 255 pounds and a very unhappy woman with her body. I felt fat, disgusting, ugly and couldn't even do active things with my kids.

xkzj0o.jpg

2lt6on7.jpg

ejh25w.jpg

I signed up for weight watchers online and vowed to make a change. As I started counting points, dropped the soda for water, and made little changes the weight melted off. It felt amazing to see results. I was doing it. As those pounds added up people started to notice. I hadn't broadcasted that I was trying to lose weight but they noticed. It felt amazing to know others were seeing it.

2q1e9fm.jpg

ab592d.jpg

The pounds were melting off and I eventually made it to 95 pounds gone! That's when my husband and I found out we were expecting our third child. I was elated and so glad to be going through a pregnancy at a healthy weight for once. It was by far my easiest pregnancy and when he was born I took a little bit to enjoy my newborn and recover before getting back on track. I was teetering at about 200 pounds after he was born. Not as bad as 255 but still not happy that I had pigged out so much and gained so much back.

fe3xfs.jpg

After about 6 months I slowly got back to weight watchers online. The weight wasn't coming off as easily this time, but it was very slowly moving. After about 2 months I decided this time I didn't want to count points, I didn't want to do weight watchers. I stumbled across MFP and decided to give it a shot.

I fell in love with the community, the support, how easy it was to calorie count...and best of all...it was FREE! ;)

I also started C25K. I struggled but made it through and grew to love running. I was becoming so proud of myself and after months made it to my goal of 150 pounds!!!!!!!!!! I also started a 5k210k program.

11r54dw.jpg

6e0vgh.jpg

ot43ti.jpg

I am now lower than my original goal and working towards a new goal, being a healthier person, active, and loving the new me. and toning up my body by lifting heavy! I am proud I made it here. This community played a part in that and I never would have thought I could do this!!!!!! I was inspired by so many of you and if I can do this so can anyone else. :)

Thanks for listening to my story. <3

Replies

• tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    well shoot, the pics cut off because they are to big. Sorry about that.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! Congrats!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    congratulations girl YOU KICKED FATS *kitten*>
  • wndrwmn86
    wndrwmn86 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Your story is amazing and just the inspiration I needed today!!
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yo go girl!! Thanks for such an amaxing story and pics:)
  • truelove7
    truelove7 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! Congratulations...I bet you feel wonderful!!!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Wow. You have done something amazing. I'm so impressed with your ability to stick with it and reach your goal. Your dedication is so inspiring. TFS
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, you look great! Fantastic change, congratulations!
  • samanthahix12
    Options
    congratulations girl YOU KICKED FATS *kitten*>

This!

Seriously, you look wonderful. Amazing work!
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    pro weightloss and congrats :)
  • ursus_feminus
    ursus_feminus Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are truly inspiring. Thanks for posting, you look fantastic!
  • WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    OP we all gonna make it

GJDM
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    fantastic job!!!! totally inspiring. I've just hit my pre-pregnancy weight and now I want to loose another 20 (But 30 would be even better!). Right now that goal seems impossible, but you have given me great motivation that it IS possible!!! congratulations on all your hard work
  • You look amazing! Your hard work sure shows. Thanks for posting to inspire the rest of us!!
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Continued success!
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You are beautiful!
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look amazing!!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Awesome and totally inspiring! :flowerforyou:
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    you are an incredible person and inspiring!! thanks for sharing your story!!!
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing! Truly inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!