when ever i eat ANYTHING my stomach looks huge!! Advice?!

Options

Replies

• TXRanchGirl
    Options
    Ive found popping 2 Beanos helps with this..Ive also found this tends to happen the week or so before my period starts too (sorry if to much TMI)
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    May be food allergy ! If it is with every single type of food even fresh veg for example it would be less likely.
    There are loads of things I can't eat because they make me so bloated as I am allergic, perhaps IBS or something similar if it is causing pain or you have any other problems even unrelated ones go to a doctor and ask about it.
    There are some foods that help bloating , I just try lots of things until I see what works for me, green tea, ginger, mint tea normally help.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Im so tired of after eating anything even salad my stomach gets instantly bigger i feel like thats not normal? Any suggestions on how to maybe how to help this??

tumblr_lzs09lEwGA1qhbnv4o1_500.gif

I did not come into this thread expecting a Gorillaz reference. But I'm totally impressed.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I went through something like this awhile back. The bloating was so painful. And big. I remember spending a lot of time on google and webMD and other sites and reading lots of stories from women with this kind of problem, but I don't remember what the cause or solution turned out to be. I think it ended up being something I was eating because it cleared up after all sorts of trial and error. To this day I am careful not to overdo it on carbs I like now have an inherent fear of eating too many because I feel like it will do that to me. It might have in the past, OR it might have been a PARTICULAR one that I was allergic to but without medical insurance I could not go get allergy tested. So I approach a lot of foods with apprehension. Even a glass of milk since I went thru a lactose intolerant stage but I THINK I'm okay now with that as I consume it sparsely and don't recall recent problems. So I don't know if it's carbs or a carb or dairy or a dairy so I just proceed carefully and try to pick my moments so I'm not up all night sick or bloated at the wrong times and I have natural remedies at the ready just in case. I wish I knew which ONE single thing it is so I could partake freely. :ohwell:

file_204965_2_thanks-obama.jpg
  • jennk5309
    jennk5309 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If that's your picture, then it's probably because you have a thin tummy- anything you put in will make it bulge out until it comes out the other end. That's not as noticeable on larger people. I had a really skinny girl in my special ed high school class, (I'm a teacher, not one of the students, lol), and every time she ate I thought it was cute that her tummy pooched out. I really do think it's normal.
  • jenniferarnold619
    Options
    If you are hurting, you should probably go to the doctor. Like is said it could be a serious food allergy (like eventually need an epi pen if ingested) or like a lot of other folks have suggested it could be IBS. If it is IBS avoid eating raw veggies. Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    inb4 tumor.
  • YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If that's your picture, then it's probably because you have a thin tummy- anything you put in will make it bulge out until it comes out the other end. That's not as noticeable on larger people. I had a really skinny girl in my special ed high school class, (I'm a teacher, not one of the students, lol), and every time she ate I thought it was cute that her tummy pooched out. I really do think it's normal.

See a doctor for the discomfort, but as far as your stomach visibly looking bigger, see above.
    If that's you in your profile photo, you are small with lower body fat, there is nothing to hide the fact that you put something in your belly :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I take an all natural digestive aid, or DavidsTea has a "skinny" tea that helps with bloat and digestion. Could be that you're just gassy.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    ever since my anorexia I bloat like crazy for everything. Like if I don't eat enough I bloat, too many carbs I bloat, too much dairy etc etc so I think everyone is different and it's probably normal, I have tablets to aid digestion so you could look into it, you could just have a sensitive stomach

I commend you for sharing that you suffered from anorexia not many ppl will. I did for a short time as well, it wasnt completely starvation mode cuz I did eat but I did but then I got healthy and then I got pregnant with my youngest and been suffering from obesity for over a year now.....Dont want to do it the unhealthy way just want to be healthy for my girls over all and lose this stubborn fat
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    This happens to me when I eat almost anything processed. I really have to try to stick to vegetables and meat otherwise I'll pay for it. Also, I cut out gum, which was really causing bloating. Good luck!
  • Kattrynas
    Options
    Hi, in reading the other replies I would definately see a doctor and seems like it is bloating for some reason, or are you eating foods that cause you bloating and perhaps causing gas (such as lettus, broccoli (sp?). BUT DEFINATELY SEE A DOCTOR!!!!
    Good luck and blessings.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Are you for real serious?

Because when I put stuff in my purse, my purse looks bigger because there's stuff in it. If you put food in your stomach, it will get bigger. It's sort of a duh.
  • mtapia713
    mtapia713 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1) See a GI doctor.
    2) See an allergist that specializes in food allergies
    3) Take a prebiotic and probiotic

If diagnosed with IBS eat a Low FODMAP diet.

Good Luck.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I hear you OP, I get the same, I am a bigger girl and I get it, it's not a skinny girl problem. I do have IBS but I get it with pretty much all foods. I think it's gas but I am not sure. I would go to the doctor if I were you. One thing that seems to help a bit is drinking warm water while eating, or warm water with some ginger root in it. Have you tried a Low FODMAP diet? That tends to lower gas problems.
    http://www.health.arizona.edu/health_topics/nutrition/handouts/FODMAPs diet.pdf

But I do suggest going to a doctor too, to rule out anything more major.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I can feel your pain. I do get it too...It is rally frustrating and I think a lot of the people commenting here do not get the point.
    I had a lot of tests and scans and until now no cause has been found. I am due an endoscopy soon and will see what that'll bring. I am now gluten free and that seems to help. I get especially bad if I re-heat carbs and I am staying completely clear of processed foods. I will look into the antibiotics and see what that does...

Someone suggested to lower the fibre intake...I wonder why that is?
  • sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My stomach always looks huge!! hahaha

I didn't read through the posts, but it could be gluten. even if you're not allergic, that could be making you feel bloated.
  • Mards808
    Options
    My tummy bulge a lot too after eating. It looks like i'm 3 to 4 months preganant. I'm trying to cut back on sodium and carbohydrates becuase it retains water.
  • shancheer24
    shancheer24 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What kind of foods are you eating? What type of lettuce? Iceberg lettuce is mostly water and will cause you to bloat, you can try switching to spinach instead, actually reduces bloating.

I would take a look at the foods you are eating and look them up online to see if they are foods that typically cause bloating and adjust your diet. My guess is that even though you feel like you are eating right, the food choices are great for what you are looking to accomplish.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I had this forever. Finally talked to a GI doc (amongst other issues).

I RARELY get it now making sure I am ALWAYS on top of taking a lactaid pill when eating dairy. I take a probiotic off and on, as well, which may help.

Many people get it, but it's often digestive related: gas, IBS, etc.