Looking for support from those in 50s and 60s

Options

Replies

• Surferlou
    Surferlou Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 50 in a couple weeks, and just started the Jorge Cruise 100 diet. So far, I've dropped 9 pounds, and I feel great. Just 15 more to go! I've been on WW, and other weight loss programs. My sister, who I haven't seen in a while before Thanksgiving, looked amazing. I asked her what the secret was, because she dropped from 176 to 135. I weigh 200, and would like to get down around 180 or less. My sister told me about the Jorge Cruise 100 diet. Basically, it's sugar, and carbs which are converted to sugar in our bodies which spikes insulin and triggers weight gain. It's a four week program, where I stay under 100 sugar carbs a day. I was skeptical, but so far it seems to be working. Like any diet, it may not work for everybody, but this I working for me. Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 60's and I log everyday, please feel free to add me if you wish. :smile:
  • 58Rock
    58Rock Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hanging out with the other "old folks" trying to stay in shape; this could be fun. If I can help anyone let me know.
  • dutchk
    dutchk Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm smack dab in the middle of that group! Been here for over 18 months now and took a helluva lot more steps forward than back. Be glad to help out anyone here. Look up my profile and send along a FR if you think I can help! ...Dutch
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have been here for 3 months. and am 52 would love some good MFP friends in the same age group 50-60. We have our own ideas and concerns, for sure! Let me know a little bit about you and add me as a friend!
  • briannw
    briannw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 - - any and all are welcome to add me, I am looking to re-focus my efforts and take off some of the weight that I have gained back
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!!!!
    As are so many other people here! I'm "Only" 48, so I guess I'm young.
    I have found so many people "in real life" my age and a tad older that just don't want to exercise and feel like being overweight is 'earned' with age. Don't we want the opposite to live longer???

Glad others think so!
  • udinth
    udinth Posts: 92
    Options
    Welcome! Sure, you can add me. I just turned 65. I've been using this site (mostly via the Android app) sporadically since March and regularly since the end of May, with a modest goal of losing a pound a week. In that time I've lost about 25 lb... well, the chart says 22, but I didn't start the chart right away – so I'm succeeding at that.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Mid 50's ex WW member (multiple times, sigh) here & been on MFP for almost 550 days.
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Ali and in my 50's please feel free to add me, I am doing WW on line and MFP, have been on this site for over a year and my weight has been up and down but my sweet tooth gets in the way!
    Merry Christmas to you all :flowerforyou:
  • cazzwright
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've only been on MFP just over a week but am really liking it. My nurse practitioner said I needed to loose a few pounds and get my cholesterol level down (its 7 right now). Looking forward to chatting with you
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Morning all. I am 51 and have been doing this for well over a year. Lost weight before joining, now taking down the last few stubborn pounds. Wish it was steadier, but it does come off if you stick to the plan!!!
    Add me if you still need friends.
  • dianestull1949
    Options
    Hi, I'm 64 and have had gastric bypass surgery. I've recently started working out since I seem to have a lot of flab that I need to fill with muscle!
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    mwhite, congrats on a good first week! Ride that wave of success!!!

I'm 56 and a WW life member (1979). Sept 1, 2012 I was 234 lbs and ready to take control of my health. After the initial big weight loss, the downward trend has been slow and steady. I'm 5 lbs from my original goal of 90 lbs off. I intend to keep with my current calories, macros, and easy cardio even after I hit that goal. (I still have bodyfat to lose). For me it has been about changing my lifestyle - finally! I've found the "sweet spot" where I am comfortable and happy with how I eat and function. The best thing about MFP is that even though we may all have a different approach we ALL have the same general goals - better health, lifelong change, making it work! And we WANT TO DO IT!
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 in a few short weeks. Friend request on the way.

Anyone else -- please feel free to add me as a friend as well. We all need the support. We simply can't do it alone.
  • NMGeo
    NMGeo Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm 65 and have 30 lbs to lose. Will send Friend request.
  • t1954
    t1954 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am 59 soon to be 60. It can be done. You can read my profile for proof. You will find plenty of support on MFP. You can PM me anytime. Good luck and best wishes.
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Patty and I'm 55. I've tried WW a number of times, as well as others. I have lost 65 lb but still have many to go. I'd like to have some friends, please feel free to add me.
  • ckone4me
    ckone4me Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi , I am susan 53 and I have lost 48lbs, I still have about 10 more to go, so I am still a work in progress. I have been here a while, so ANYONE can add me if you like!
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm Mack 58, joined MFP in 2012 but really never used it. After labor day this year I decided it was time to finally adjust my easting habits and start hitting the gym a little harder. So far so good, I don't post a lot but I do read many of the amazing stories on MFP and they provide great inspiration.