5'4 girls, what's your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3 1/2" and my original goal was 140lbs. When I got there, I decided to go for 135. Now, I'm trying to stay under 135, so I fluctuate between 133-135. I'm pretty happy at this weight. I'm just working on exercising to tighten things up a bit more. After the holidays, I may try to get to 130, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to maintain at that lower weight.
  • aggieanne04
    aggieanne04 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My happy weight is around 145. 140 would be nice, 150 isn't bad, so 145 is a good spot.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 1/4". My starting weight was 230 and am currently at 190. When I started my goal was to fit in a size 10 jean. Thought that would be around 175lbs, but I wear a 10 now. I'm going to see where I am at 175 and go from there. I'm thinking somwhere around 145-150.
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", my ultimate goal is 130, but I try to take it 10lbs at a time. It's going slow, it's my own fault, but I'd like to lose at least 7lbs more before next summer.
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I had RNY surgery and my goal was just to get to 165. I am now at 153, and trying for an even 150, but that is because I have a bunch of excess skin that is not going anywhere. I really like the shape I've got in clothes right now, so I think I will try to maintain between 150-155. And I *am* closer to 5'5" if we are rounding... lol!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i am just shy of 5'4 and currently am around 133-135...i would love to be closer to 129-130 and firmer :) but i am healthy at my current weight and clothes fit well the majority of the time...i think it really depends on what your goals and priorities are...i love to run and i love to eat so i have found that i do best when i balance the two without stressing way too much about the scale...i also work full-time and have a 20 month old daughter and as much as i would love to have a magazine-worthy body, many days hanging out with her trumps a crazy, long workout :) if i was younger and single my goals may be different!
  • gangsterfurious
    Options
    My goal weight was 105-115 but then I got down to 135 when I was hitting weights hard at the gym and I really liked it even though I still had more to go. I would say that my goal is 120-130 if I'm doing weights.
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    5'4

Ultimate Starting Weight- 210
    MFP starting weight (June 2013)- 165
    Current Weight- fluctuating between 147-150

Short term goal- 140
    Ultimate goal- somewhere around 130
  • notyouraveragetalia
    Options
    5' 4" and I'm at 133..the lowest I've been since Freshman Year of HS. 125 was the goal back when I was in the 140's, but I'm not sure if that will even make me happy. Like others, body composition is more important to me now. So between 130-135.
  • Mavenly
    Mavenly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've never been a healthy weight, so I'm not sure what will look right on my frame. I'm aiming for 140lbs to start and then I'll re-evaluate once I get there. I like being active, so I'm sort of hoping I wind up with a stockier muscled frame and will happily settle at a higher weight if it's muscle driving it.
  • hriley20
    hriley20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I cap my max weight at 135. I usually float around 132. When it comes to bikini weight, I shoot for 128.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'4" and 5'5", my main goal is to be 140lbs but after reaching that I want to be between 132 and 140lbs (that's between 9 and 10 stone)

I started off at about 172lbs just over a year and a half ago.

I'm currently at 145lbs and, in all honesty, I'm happy with my body and that's a goal in itself for me - the number on the scale is just that - a number. However, I set a goal for myself and I plan to reach that - one of my goals has been me though - I have more confidence in my body now :smile:
  • Joji_Bean
    Joji_Bean Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and 1/2 and my goal weight is 140! I don't want to loose those curves :)
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm happiest at around 120-125 but then again if I weigh more while gaining muscle that works too.
  • atozkennedy
    atozkennedy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm also between 5'4 and 5'5.
    My body was happiest at 134. I plateaued there for ever (before I had kids). I was as low as 121 on my wedding day but my body looks its best and seems to want to be 134.
    So that is my goal :)
  • vvvalentines
    Options
    I want to get down to 125, and then get to about 135 when I start maintaining. I don't think I'd look "right" going lower than that (this based on looking at pictures of women around that height/weight with my body type.) It's hard to use, say, my family as a guide, because there are no non-overweight women related to me.
  • amalin84
    amalin84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My goal is 120.
    My lowest weight at this height was 115 and my highest was 150. I usually stay around 130.... Right now I am trying to get back down to my normal 130. And now I am happy at increments of a 5 pound loss. Once I get back to 130 I will try to get back to 120.
  • SkinnyMiniClaire
    Options
    Everyone's body is different so for me (a very petite girl who is athletic and loves to workout) my goal is 100, yet my mom who is also 5'4" and similar body type but obviously is built a little differently considering child birth, her goal is 120! Both are healthy considering our lifestyles and seeing as we are only 3lbs away from our goals, we know we will look great!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and 125 now, started around 165-170 and initially my goal was 140. I have kept dropping it, and reassessing. Even at a "healthy" weight now, with my two kids and 20 years of inactivity, it still shows. I really need to lose about 10 lbs of fat, but would be happy gaining that much muscle at the same time since physically I am still rather weak.

If I were not to gain any muscle I think I would look less saggy and jiggly at 115. But I hope to gain muscle! Want a weight set for Christmas :-)
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and have a medium build... Right now I am at 139 and was at 234 when I started. Currenty bf% is 22.9 and I'd like to see that get to 20% eventually. Would like to weigh between 125&130 but could handle being between 130-135...

One day at a time. I was bouncing around 141-145 for like 8 months...