6 MONTH PROGRESS-SCALE LIES!!!!

Replies

• greatjob. congrats on your commitment & achievements to date!
  • Jamie22184
    Jamie22184 Posts: 33 Member
    Great job! Now that my weight loss challenge is over I'm breaking up with my scale again. The tape measure is AWESOME!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Great job! Now that my weight loss challenge is over I'm breaking up with my scale again. The tape measure is AWESOME!

Thank you!

Yeah the scale is definitely not my friend right now-evil *kitten* thing. lol. The tape measure is awesome :) .

Heres to us! :drinker:
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    I have that red southpole shirt :)
  • Chimis_Siq
    I have that red southpole shirt :)

I have NO IDEAA what you are talking about..lol ? ??? No southpole shirt here? No red shirt here...? LOL
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    You look great! Keep it up!
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Awesome!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Thank you ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):flowerforyou:
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Thanks for sharing the update! Look what you have accomplished!!! Way to go!!!
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    wow!!! you look really different! Good job!!!! thanks for your motivating words...maybe buy a new scale?
  • You look great! Fantastic job on keeping up the hard work!
  • zebszee
    zebszee Posts: 31 Member
    You look fantastic.........keep on going
  • SgtWife25
    SgtWife25 Posts: 7 Member
    You look Amazing!
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    awesome!
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    You're an absolute inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • Chimis_Siq
    You're an absolute inspiration! :flowerforyou:

Thank you and all those that have commented (short on time). These kind words mean so much!! It helps me to keep going and pushing forward. I never imagined I would help inspire/motivate anyone in my life.

We are all meant for greatness , now I see that, and I hope one day I can TRULLY inspire someone that are in my shoes!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    you look so good! awesome job!!
  • ajdominator
    ajdominator Posts: 1 Member
    Nice work, Just remember weight loss is not linear, you may eat the same amount of calories every week and some weeks you lose 2 pounds and some weeks you lose nothing. There are so many factors at work.

That said, you have lost a significant amount of weight, have you adjusted your calories to suit your new weight?

If you haven't then maybe the calories you ate previously that put you in a deficit are now closer to your maintenance calories?
    Being on a deficit would mean your muscles would be depleted and flat. As you eat closer to your maintenance your muscles glycogen stores would be replenished which would result in water retention in the muscles. This water retention (+3-4 pounds) may have hid any weight loss over the past 2 months. While also giving you the more 'toned and tighter' look that you have mentioned.

My recommendations would be to re-check your TDEE. If thats where it should be then just keep doing what you are doing as its obviously working. Remember slow and steady wins the race and will be better for you in the long run for a variety of reasons.

Congrats
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Way to go!!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Nice work, Just remember weight loss is not linear, you may eat the same amount of calories every week and some weeks you lose 2 pounds and some weeks you lose nothing. There are so many factors at work.

That said, you have lost a significant amount of weight, have you adjusted your calories to suit your new weight?

If you haven't then maybe the calories you ate previously that put you in a deficit are now closer to your maintenance calories?
    Being on a deficit would mean your muscles would be depleted and flat. As you eat closer to your maintenance your muscles glycogen stores would be replenished which would result in water retention in the muscles. This water retention (+3-4 pounds) may have hid any weight loss over the past 2 months. While also giving you the more 'toned and tighter' look that you have mentioned.

My recommendations would be to re-check your TDEE. If thats where it should be then just keep doing what you are doing as its obviously working. Remember slow and steady wins the race and will be better for you in the long run for a variety of reasons.

Congrats

I just up'd my calories-as I have never paid attention to NET CALS each day. It looks like I was at 150-900 NET each day ....someone suggested that is too low. I up'd cals and finish with a NET of 1500 cals and lost almost 4 lbs this week. We'll see how that works next week.

Thanks for your advice. Just trying to find a balance-this weight loss journey is def been a challenge but worth every second.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!