Don't call me.....

Options

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Once you hit your 40s they will stop. I say break up and teach them a lesson for trying to be lovey dovey!
  • Kowee84
    Kowee84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    my bf doesnt call me anything.. its more like 'can you come here' and im suppose to know its me :/ once he slipped out babe lol
    i had a bf i called benny boo boo bear when i wanted to annoy him... i tend to use the word bub, but only when its indoors me and him only
  • purplepink1992
    Options
    I hate "hun" or "hunny" makes me think of family calling me that lol
  • Rosieannaxo
    Options
    I hate it when people call me pet names like hunni, baby, boo, sweetie, etc. I don't know why, It just bothers me for some odd reason. I just really prefer to be called by my name. Even in relationships, I hate it. Just call me by my name and we're good lol.
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Shirley.

YES!!!!
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Daughter?

btw, I call people pet names if I'm being condescending. My favorite one is "doll face." Oh, or "angel face."
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I like all terms of endearment! Unless it's someone who's just being creepy, but I don't want them talking to me in general...
  • sugarnspice0613
    sugarnspice0613 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't like endearments in the beginning of a relationship. I learned early on that when a guy only calls you babe, he probably doesn't know your name or doesn't want to mistakenly call you by whatever other girls name that he's also seeing. After this stage passes and I'm confident this isn't the case, I LOVE terms of endearment. Whatever name it is, it makes me feel special.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I like them, and I think you hate happiness.
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Pet names within a relationship don't bother me, but I have a coworker who calls me "bud" all the time and drives me crazy!
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Oh, I DESPISE being called "Babe". It makes my skin crawl! I've told hubby years ago I hate it, but he still calls me that.. I sometimes will ignore him until he calls me by my name. It's to the point where the Swiffer commercial with Lee & Morty Kaufman comes on...and I immediately make a dash for the remote, or the door...of just start contorting, because I KNOW he's gonna call her "Babe" in it!

Now years ago, when my Granddad was alive, used to call me "Duckie". I guess it was a common term for a Northern Englishman (They were from Manchester area) What I wouldn't give to have him here now to call me "Duckie" again...
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    You don't have to call me darlin'...darlin'.

You never even call me by my name.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I like all of them. Call me whatever you want.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    No matter how happy I am, I will still dislike the term 'baby'. I'm not a baby, I'm not your baby, so don't call me that.

I really dislike Ma'am unless it's said with an American accent (by an Aussie it just sounds condescending).

For the trolls in this thread, bugger off.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Shirley.

QFT
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Wait let me also tell my babe. Or did I call him hun today? He calls me bread girl.... I could call him fattie but why be mean?
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Mommy....
    I'm not your mother!!!:mad:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    My name is Amy and I hate being called 'Aim'. There are only three letters in my name, we do not need to attempt to shorten it.
  • xoyannie
    Options
    Boo, and sweetheart.
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    I hate hon or sweetie from girls/women who are much younger than me. It's so much worse than ma'ma in my opinion.