How many lbs had you lost before people mentioning it?

Options

Replies

• BXCHICAinOHIO
    BXCHICAinOHIO Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and am only 11 days into my WL journey...I haven't weighed myself yet...over the weekend I got together w a good friend and she noticed...my clothes are looser...I feel AWESOME. As someone else stated, when you are short every ounce makes a difference. In the past people noticed as my body tighten, not so much the lbs, but my body size. Any which way - I love the kudos! LOL I'll take 'em!
  • 86myHeadache
    86myHeadache Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Lost 20lbs slowly no one noticed. Hit a spurt loosing 15 in a month everyone noticed
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    For one, I don't tell unless some-one asks me. It was about 15 lbs, when I first told a friend of mine that noticed I was getting smaller.

I tell on here, because its a fitness site, but the majority of my family and all of my friends are overweight and not very supportive. So I try really hard not to brag.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and started at 230 lbs. After I had lost 25lbs. a couple of people mentioned that I looked like I was losing weight. By the time I lost 35 lbs. almost everyone was complimenting me. At around 45 lbs. people started telling me not to lose anymore, but now they're used to seeing me thinner and the comments have tapered off.
  • Triciad811
    Triciad811 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have lost 17 ... just the other day got my first "you are looking thinner today" comment
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    At 28-30 lbs, people started noticing.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, and currently 211. I have lost a little over 9 lbs so far since I started on MFP. I haven't received any comments from the people that see me clothed everyday at work lol but my fiancee has definitely noticed and complimented the changes in my body.
  • maffff
    maffff Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    20lbs family, 30lbs a few comments wider. 35-40 everyone.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    This time around, people still haven't noticed. But I've only lost about 15 pounds, and I've done it over about 4 months, so I doubt anyone would really notice.
  • Pugwash4x4
    Pugwash4x4 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you have to lose, and how much you started at.

If you are really overweight (like I am), then I had to lose 50lb before people started to notice

I am aiming to lose 140lb in total, but I know that for the first 80lb I will still look "fat", when I get over 80lb I'll start to look thin and every pound will make a big difference.
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    at around 35 pounds
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I found that people I don't see frequently are the ones who commented the earliest (around 15-20 pounds). Probably because the change seems more drastic to them.

Co-workers and close friends just seemed to notice recently, around 30lbs, because I finally went and bought new pants (size 14, when the ones I was wearing previously were size 18).
  • lilredhead314
    lilredhead314 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    30 lbs is when people started saying things. I dont know if that is when they noticed or when the first felt comfortable mentioning it.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    10 pounds. I'm really short so it showed quickly.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I started at 206.8 lbs (5'5") and I think I'd lost about 30 lbs before people really started commenting.
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    I was around the 40lb mark when people started making comments. I didn't buy new clothes until then, even though what I had was to big and I think the over large clothes hid the weight loss. As soon as I started wearing things that fit I had a ton of comments.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I had my first comments this week- I'm at 23lbs lost. I was very excited, especially as one comment was from my taciturn father-in-law :)
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    When I had dropped about 15-20 a couple people made comments. Now that I have lost alot I get some good comments but sometimes people wonder if I'm sick or something. This morning someone brought in 2 boxes of Krispy kremes and mentioned that they were there but also added "Oh that's right you are one a diet" I hate that word diet! :noway:
  • missrussia74
    Options
    I lost 19 pounds so far and nobody said anything yet. I am 5'1 went down from 198 to 178.9. I am still waiting for that moment when somebody will say something:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!