How many lbs had you lost before people mentioning it?

Options

Replies

• waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I lost 19 pounds so far and nobody said anything yet. I am 5'1 went down from 198 to 178.9. I am still waiting for that moment when somebody will say something:smile:

Have you lost weight!?? You look good!! :flowerforyou:
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Most people really noticed around the 50 lb mark.
  • schonsdragon
    schonsdragon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am short, 5' 0". I know people started noticing about 30 pounds but didn't say anthing except for teasing me about needing smaller jeans, these were good friends. Most friends started openly asking me if I had lost weight about 50 pounds and now at 90 pounds they they comment on how good I look with a warning not to get to thin.

Remember that people who are around everyday don't see the changed as quickly as those who don't see you as often because the changes are gradual and they see their friend not the weight so it takes time before the changes register with them.
  • christinepeterson505
    Options
    Great question! I'm also tall--5-10--and people haven't started commenting until recently. I'm down about 30 lbs. That seems to be the universal number around here. :-)
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm also tall, and I don't show weight gain/loss in my face. No one has ever noticed when I lost weight (24 pounds). Of course, they didn't know I was pregnant through an entire pregnancy, either - so I guess I can't complain too much. :tongue:
  • KateEMD
    KateEMD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and I got my first mention around the time I had lost 12lbs.
  • lifegoeson25
    lifegoeson25 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Last time I lost weigt, they started noticing it after 15 lbs.

Unfortunately I gained them all back, but now I am back on my mission!

Keep it up!
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Around 7-8 pounds people started noticing a difference in me. I still have a long way to go!
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    11 lbs. I lost them doing my meds for Hypothyroidism and working out 5 days a week.
  • inertiadriftsc
    Options
    I have seen two zones.

Initially noone really noticed from 220 down until about 185. Then noone noticed any more weightloss until I was under 170. Once I am under 170 the only way you can really tell is when I take my shirt off. Trying to drop back down to my lowest of 165 (maybe a little lower) I jumped up a bit, but have never let myself go back over about 175.
  • rawstrongchick
    rawstrongchick Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    7-10lb for me, but then I'm only just over 5' tall so I think a small amount of weight looks more on me. I'd say the amount of weight it takes you to lose to go down a dress size is normal for people to notice. So less if you're petite and more if your taller. A friend of mine is 5'10 and she can loose 15-18lb before dropping a size, whilst I can on 8lb.
  • Lifelink
    Lifelink Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    around 40 lbs
  • marvinrobot
    Options
    17 lbs
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've lost 39 pounds and no one has said anything yet. Well, my husband, but of course he would notice *wink*. I'm very short about about 12 pounds from my goal...so maybe I hide it well?
  • angeleyes952
    Options
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    about 15kg someone mentioned it. at around 60kg people I hadn't seen for a couple of years who I bumped into seemed too scared to mention it :-/
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    at 20 lbs no one said anything except my husband. ar 45 lbs even my husband's friend. Well at 45 i could see extreme changes even myself in the mirror :D
  • _AlabamaSlamma_
    Options
    I am 20lbs down and still waiting

Hey you! You look like you've slimmed down a bit! Congrats.

I was about 25 lbs down when I got it unsolicited.
  • jlar09
    jlar09 Posts: 99
    Options
    I'm the OP, but I thought I'd comment anyway. I've lost 20lbs and those close to me can tell, and I can definitely tell when I'm naked. I've also dropped a size in jeans. I've had two or three comments here and there, but those were mostly in the beginning. I think I have 10-15 more to lose before people will really be able to tell.
  • DaddyDave101
    DaddyDave101 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    30LBS for me.

30 lbs was when people have really stopped me at work to sat but anything from 20lbs really.

Best feeling!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!