Poll: What running shoes do you wear?

Options

Replies

• just_Jennie1
    Options
    Brooks for pavement. Hokas for trail. Head to a specialty shop where they can analyze your gait and get you fitted properly.
    Just don't always trust them just remember they are trying to sell you something and the only training they have had is probably 10 minutes by the rep selling them the analysis machine. It's useful information but they don't always get the analysis correct or recomend totally inappropriate shoes. Use some common sense

As for me I like asics they work well for me,

That is why I go to Fleet Feet which is a store that is specifically for runners. Yes, if you go to a store like D!cks or Sports Authority they don't know what they are talking about but a store like Fleet Feet or something similar that caters specifically to runners will know a lot more. They put me on a treadmill, taped me running and found the right type of shoe for me. I won't go any where else but there for my shoes.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I have worn Nike Pegasus for years. They are just about the only shoes that come in different widths, except for New Balance shoes. And NBs are always too soft and gooshy for me. I need a shoe with a harder sole.
    About three months ago, I bought a pair of Altra zero-drop. They are naturally wide and I love them absolutely!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Saucony Hurricane. I started out with the Ride but eventually changed over to the Hurricane.

I've tried Asics - I hated them for me. My second last pair I tried Mizunos. They were decent fit but still preferred the Saucony.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Nike Air Max X-Trainers and Nike Dart 10 for good weather / road / track.
    New Balance 810 Trail Runners for inclement weather, woods, etc.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Pearl Izumi E:Motion road n1

Just bought my third pair now. They turned my really expensive brooks into lawn shoes.
  • CarmineDeMarco
    CarmineDeMarco Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Asics....whatever model happens to be on sale when I buy a new pair. I've used Saucony, Brooks, Nike, New Balance, and Reebok over the years, but lately I always go to Asics first.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Asics Cloud Gel (or something close to that name). Thinking of switching it but haven't made the change yet.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Asics ... currently GT-1000
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I have Reebok ZigLites that I currently use and I just bought a pair of Reebok ZigActivates.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Nike Free Run 3 or 5. Now with Yaktrax run attached : (
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Saucony Guide 6s. Replaced them in May and will probably replace them again next May! I tried 2 other brands and they just don't compare to my Sauconys!
  • jakedner
    jakedner Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    For running, I absolutely LOVE my Asics- Gel Nimbus 12s. :love:

My feet look forward to being them, even after spending a 10 hour day on my feet in 3 inch thin heels! (Some days that is the only reason I get a run in - because my feet feel so good in my running shoes!!)

Looking to replace them with the 13s before I can't find them anywhere. (I like getting the previous season for less $$ and I love the color combination of the 13s)
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel Cumulus 15 --- love the extra cushion at the heel to prevent slipping.
  • Razz_Baby
    Razz_Baby Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    When I ran track in school I wore Saucony. Last year when I decided to hit the pavement again I picked up another pair. I love them. The ones I have now will turn into my grocery store shoes soon. I will be hitting a runner's store after the new year to get fitted for 'real' running shoes. I'm excited. :)
  • jenniferarnold619
    Options
    Mizuno Wave Inspire 9- worth every freakin' penny.
  • tegalicious
    Options
    Adidas here! I can't remember the model name (adizero maybe?) but it is new this year. I originally got a pair of
    Brooks at a running store after being analysed but they angered my knees so I went back and got the Adidas and they have worked out great!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second pair of Mizuno Wave Rider 16s. The biggest draw for me to these shoes vs. other similar neutral running shoes was the wider toe box feel.

I love my runners!
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Brooks PureConnect2s
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have Asics Gel Blur 33s - and I'm working my way into Merrell Road Gloves.
  • EvaStrange
    EvaStrange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I rotate Brooks PureFlow, Nike Free 3.0 and Saucony Virrata, depending on the distance of the run and the quality of the ground. They all fall in the "natural running" category, but the cushioning is different in each of them.