Obese friend's Christmas gift.....stumped

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    this thread is making me think if somewhere my white friends are posting messages on a forum asking what to buy their black friend because they want to avoid any skin care stuff that might have SPF in it in case it reminds me that i'm black :grumble:

Didn't you see my post earlier?

i just saw it.

i didnt want to be greedy, but as long as we're going high end, i'd gladly take a chanel bag AND a trip to paris for being the black AND obese friend :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the toiletries, perfume, pampering ideas. She works alot and is a mom. She doesn't have alot of time for herself.

She reads alot, and picks up a ton of books on the e-reader. Perhaps a gift certificate so she can pick her own books.

Makeup is tricky, as she's a fresh faced type. I bought her a nice purse last year, so I can't use that one again.

It's just that the "on-line gift guides" point to exercise shoes, gourmet foods, and gym memberships. Nothing of which would be appropriate. I wouldn't give them to my other friends, so why does the gift guide tell to get that! Obese is almost a standard in today's world, and I was trying to say that she's more on the heavier side then the skinnier side. I do not look at her weight in our friendship. She is a great person, bigger heart than anyone out there. Sorry if it came out wrong. Thanks for pointing out my bad choice of words.

Um, I think you're missing the point. You do look at her weight in your friendship if you are using the "online gift guides for the obese."

A30131257.jpg

maybe you can find her wish list if you invite yourself over for coffee

animated-scootaloo-****-fer-brains-2.gif
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    is this a serious post? I'm really high and can't tell. someone help me.

i think it is...may i suggest doubling down. i don't even wanna be lucid for this right now.

consider it done
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    this thread is making me think if somewhere my white friends are posting messages on a forum asking what to buy their black friend because they want to avoid any skin care stuff that might have SPF in it in case it reminds me that i'm black :grumble:

Didn't you see my post earlier?

i just saw it.

i didnt want to be greedy, but as long as we're going high end, i'd gladly take a chanel bag AND a trip to paris for being the black AND obese friend :laugh:

LOL...you ain't THAT black. you don't even sound black. do you even ebonics?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Meanwhile back at the ranch...flat,550x550,075,f.jpg I wonder if OP would be interested in clarifying her idea of "obese"?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I think the OP should print out this entire thread and present it to 'Obese friend' as the gift. Then she won't have to worry about buying her gifts anymore.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I give out McDonald's giftcards to all of my friends. The monetary value is inversely proportional to their weight, you know, to send a message while still showing that I value their friendship.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I think the OP should print out this entire thread and present it to 'Obese friend' as the gift. Then she won't have to worry about buying her gifts anymore.

Omg...Have you seen OP's profile? :laugh:

ETA: And OP, I hope you aren't teaching your son to discriminate and label people like you are doing.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    BRB, I'm gonna go text all my friends not to break their heads about what to get me for the holidays. I'm gonna say I'm going on vacay and won't be in town. I would f'king die of burnt ears if I knew they were going around asking ppl what to get for me.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

I did. I'm still laughing.
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    What does she do in her free time? Books, TV, social events..... Get her something related to her interests.

this for sure. i always tell people something of my favorite color or something to do with a favorite movie/tv show :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand why you are stumped and what her weight has to do with anything. If she is your friend, then you must know her interests (which I am sure go beyond food and weight). How about you buy her something that she would enjoy?

Yup.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I give out McDonald's giftcards to all of my friends. The monetary value is inversely proportional to their weight, you know, to send a message while still showing that I value their friendship.

OH shoot in actual IRL we have given out In-n-Out gift cards to families on our list and made them correlate to the number of ppl in their families. I sure HOPE they never thought it was correlated to the number on their scale? :indifferent: :embarassed:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

I did. I'm still laughing.

I don't get it?
  • RoamingDuck
    Options
    You're kind of an a-hole ain't ya?
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Perfume.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    BBC
    yours?
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should lend your friend your high horse for a while. Horse back riding is great exercise and I'm sure she will quickly learn how to point out your flaws to a bunch of people online.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8w7yjbrvq1qa9jwno1_500.gif
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow. Online questioning is tricky and everyone now thinks ill of me. Yes, I do see her as obese. We have for years wanted to help her change. We all love this person, and she has major health issues goign on now. I hoped that the search results would show items to avoid, a new trend, or a novel gift idea.. Something to light up her day, something really novel. I did find LED lights for the sink. Novel, but not a gift. I guess I bow out of this as I am not good at communicating as can be evidenced by how bad I botched this thread up.