How many lbs had you lost before people mentioning it?

Options

Replies

• AprilMae1975
    Options
    People really started noticing at the 20lb mark. Now I hear it all the time!!
  • tnichol4
    tnichol4 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am 5 3 and when I hit 30 pounds people started to notice but when I hit 60 that was a huge bench mark and it seemed like everyone noticed.
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    30lbs down
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    For spontaneous comments from people who didn't know I was trying to lose weight, it took almost 50 pounds.
  • rjgvt
    rjgvt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Have lost over 30 lbs since August. I'm 53 yo and 6' 2" and just dipped into the normal BMI range. No one notices except my GF. No biggie, I'm doing it for my health, not anyone else's!
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    30!!
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    well I am down 16lbs and no one said anything yet but I will be waiting :smile: .

Hey you look smaller! Did you lose weight?
  • MzKym81
    Options
    I had a few comments only after about 7lbs!
  • Littlestandrews
    Littlestandrews Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am less than 5' tall. It was about 18lbs in before anyone noticed but then it seemed like everyone in the world noticed at the same time. Now I hear comments all the time. I'm at almost 30lbs down.
  • gdrmuzak
    gdrmuzak Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Some noticed at 15 but more noticed at 25 lbs. I will add though that by then I was starting to tuck in some of my shirts and I was starting to wear some new clothes because of a shrinking waist and shirt size.
  • piratebear1
    piratebear1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Its sad isnt it - because i feel soo much better for losing 29lb - yet not many people notice! granted, I often still wear my super baggy ( too baggy now) clothes as I refuse to buy new ones yet if I want to lose another 29lbs !

47478456.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Well I am down 36 lbs now and no one has seemed to notice, or they just don't care to mention it. It is also winter so layers can kind of hide the fact that I have lost weight.
  • pinky6767
    Options
    I went from 160 to 119. before . and honestly i don't think many people noticed, if i didn't point it out, until about 30 pounds. Then everyone started going crazy, and saying things all the time. When i was 119, everyone started saying "omg" how did you do it" tell me what to do !!! heehee But, i'm long legged and arms, so i seem to hide it well. Its not still i have a super skinny face and torso that people went nuts ! heeheee
  • Doresoontobehealthy
    Options
    I've lost almost 33 lbs and I'm still waiting for people to notice. I'm tall 5'11" so I know it takes longer.
  • amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Um about 25lbs I'm 6ft 1
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    It took the difference between my two profile photos - 75lbs for people who didn't know I was trying to lose weight to start commenting. I've lost more weight than those photos show, but that's this year (we moved country, and that's what I've lost since we moved).
  • DeeDeeMee
    DeeDeeMee Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    About 15 lbs. Looking at everyone else's posts, that seems pretty average. :)
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    About 30 pounds. im 5'9
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    @t about 30 lbs but sadly hubby still doesn`t think I have lost much ! LOL I have gone from a size 24 to a very loose 18 ,a few 16`s are comfy on me , some I can`t breathe in LOl
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    It took a long time for me honestly. Around -70lbs was when people started asking. c:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!