what did you give up to help lose weight

Options

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I gave up over eating and oversized portions. There is no food that is off limits in my book. It's all about moderation and portion control. That being said I do keep it relatively healthy and limit treats to a minimum.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Nothing. I have found a way to work in everything I like. Granted, I don't have as much or as often, but I haven't given up anything. I've been doing this 2 years in March and the only reason this has been so sustainable is because I *do* find ways to eat everything I enjoy. That being said, I *have* given up eating things that aren't "worth the effort" of fitting in to my day. If I don't *really* enjoy something, I don't eat it. I am also not afraid of taking one bite of something and throwing the rest out if it doesn't meet my expectations!

This is for the rest of my life. There is nothing I want to give up forever, so I figure out how to fit everything I enjoy in.
  • Flipjax
    Flipjax Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Juice. I used to drink 64 ounces of juice a day. Also, pretty much all drinks with calories. I drink protein shakes a couple of times a weeks, and a glass of orange juice occasionally, but now its mostly crystal light. I thought it was going to be unbearable, but..it's not. =]
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    I gave up my belief that I could do it without holding myself accountable. Logging food and exercise in daily is a requirement for me and weight loss.
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Anything deep fried and bread. Now I bake everything and use sweet-n-low intead of sugar in my tea an coffee.
  • beckyzalldat
    beckyzalldat Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    When I first started I gave up everything!! But over time I learned what I could eat and not eat.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    How I choose to spend my leisure time. I can't just sit around relaxing anymore, I have to keep myself moving to get my steps in for the day, and make time for the gym. Food wise I haven't given up anything. Just eat smaller amounts.
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    Strip Clubs and Boose
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    My "alone time" now involves me and an elliptical / treadmill / arc trainer / bicycle instead of me and a bag of chips / cookies / candy / pizza and the t.v.
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Overeating and lazing around.
  • brianages
    Options
    My homemade pizza. I still have dreams of making the dough, spreading the sauce, adding the mazzarella...... at this point it stops and I remember the saturated fat in mazzarella.

I wake up in a cold shiver.
  • BrookeJackson81
    Options
    I gave up Cokes... Other than that, NOTHING! I have just made wiser choices with my food and exercising.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    - The only thing I have truly given up is the spoon of sugar in my morning coffee
    - My pasta,rice,bread,potato and other starchy carbs are saved for my 1 day per week carb up day
  • aljharvey
    aljharvey Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Powerade- I used to drink at least 2 a day. When I started counting my calories and realized how many calories were in 1 bottle I was shocked. Now I prefer to eat my calories, I drink water 90-95% of the time.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Sitting on the couch.
  • psychdlc
    psychdlc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Laziness and gluttony.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    A cup size.