Juice Fasting : Time & Cost Breakdown

Options
13»

Replies

• Filatina
    Filatina Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Very informative... I am always open to getting more information on a topic, no matter what side of the spectrum. You are right... Our body is a machine and each part has a purpose... But even the best of machines get overloaded and need help sometimes.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I did not post this for the haters, I posted this for the few people that might have been interested in it.
    The haters and trolls come out of the woodwork on threads like this. People seem to be very ignorant about juicing, fasting, and juice fasting, especially on this site. The people who have actually tried juicing, LOVE IT. Your skin gets clearer, your thoughts become clearer, your energy levels rise, rashes go away, breath gets less nasty, and so many other benefits that are not coming to mind. I love juicing because it makes me feel younger. I feel like i'm 20 years old when i regularly juice.

The haters, trolls and ignoramuses love to hate something they have never tried. Those of us who have actually juiced know the deal. Thanks for your post!
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Very informative... I am always open to getting more information on a topic, no matter what side of the spectrum. You are right... Our body is a machine and each part has a purpose... But even the best of machines get overloaded and need help sometimes.

If you want to compare the body to an engine, giving it only juice for 10 ten days instead of a balanced diet would be like putting only gas in my car but no engine oil or antifreeze. Instead of helping, you're causing harm.

Still wondering how juicing alone removes toxins and what toxins juicing removes that our body doesn't already remove...
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

If you want to compare the body to an engine, giving it only juice for 10 ten days instead of a balanced diet would be like putting only gas in my car but no engine oil or antifreeze. Instead of helping, you're causing harm.

Still wondering how juicing alone removes toxins and what toxins juicing removes that our body doesn't already remove...
    I'll wait here with you. :laugh:
    waiting_gif_zps5d726a83.jpg
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Love me some magic juice.

tumblr_lxqwrjlz2S1qkt71p.gif
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Terrible analogy.
  • Filatina
    Options
    The toxins: The pizza, the French fries, the hamburgers, the processed foods,artificial sugars, the oil, the grease, the alcohol, nicotine, plus all the other chemicals and crap that leaves residues in our system...

Do you need more than that? yes we get rid of some, but a lot is also retained.... I should say the juice doesnt get rid of it per se, but it gives our bodies what it has been lacking. it is a holistic way of thinking. If our body was able to get rid of all of these things on its own, then there wouldn't be such thing as high cholesterol, diabetes, cancer, etc.

*signing off
  • Filatina
    Options
    And thank you Rocbola for your support. Yes, people can talk all day about things they have not tried... I was not trying to sell anything, just mainly talking about personal experience. To each his own.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options

Time it takes to shop for fresh fruits and veggies, chop them up,  and clean:4-5 hrs. 
    Holy crap that is a lot of time, but think of it this way... This is to provide 4 gallons of juice which last 4 people 3 days. So.. That's about 1.25 hrs of work every 3 days...
     I dunno about all of you out there, but I spend that much time sometimes just making a nights dinner!

I thought it was common knowledge among " juicers " that freshly pressed juice starts to oxidize 15-20 minutes after it has been pressed and is worthless after just a couple of hours as far as vitamins and minerals are concerned. I can understand that people drink freshly pressed juice, but juice that is three days old.......no. At least that is what I learned at a well known US university when I did my MA in Nutrition.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    The toxins: The pizza, the French fries, the hamburgers, the processed foods,artificial sugars, the oil, the grease, the alcohol, nicotine, plus all the other chemicals and crap that leaves residues in our system...

Do you need more than that? yes we get rid of some, but a lot is also retained.... I should say the juice doesnt get rid of it per se, but it gives our bodies what it has been lacking. it is a holistic way of thinking. If our body was able to get rid of all of these things on its own, then there wouldn't be such thing as high cholesterol, diabetes, cancer, etc.

*signing off

Let's look at this very logically: Where exactly are all these toxins being stored? How, after having gone through extensive medical training and multiple registered dietitian-taught nutrition classes have I never heard of this? Is it a secret? Where do you get information of this nature? Ask yourself, are they reliable unbiased, peer-reviewed sources?
  • pianochick5254
    Options
    Family of 4.... so your children are fasting for an enitre month as well??!!!!!! :noway:

I have to agree with this....that's kinda ridiculous unless they are older and have consented. and 4 gallons should NOT last 4 people for 3 days. If you do it properly then it would be at LEAST a gallon per person per day. I'm all into juice fasting but you're doing it wrong. and for the love of god please don't say that you are having your children do it.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    why do people come to a calorie counting website and then proceed to embrace all sorts of whacky diet fads and gimmicks?

i will never understand this.

calorie counting is what works for weight loss.

micro- and macro-nutrient tracking is what works for nutrition.

exercise is what works for fitness.

there's really nothing more to it than that.

pureeing your food makes absolutely no difference to your results. juicing your food will exclude fiber and perhaps some micro-nutrients (from the vegetable/fruit skins).

pursuing restrictive or deprivation dietary regimens will affect your mood, mental health, and usually also your nutritional well-being.

this isn't rocket surgery. don't make it harder than it needs to be. :grumble:
  • Filatina
    Options
    Family of 4.... so your children are fasting for an enitre month as well??!!!!!! :noway:

I have to agree with this....that's kinda ridiculous unless they are older and have consented. and 4 gallons should NOT last 4 people for 3 days. If you do it properly then it would be at LEAST a gallon per person per day. I'm all into juice fasting but you're doing it wrong. and for the love of god please don't say that you are having your children do it.

Please see all replies to the post. No there are 4 of us all over the age of 21 who have consented to doing this.
  • RawFoodBelle
    Options
    I thought MFP was supposed to be a forum where people SUPPORTED each other, not broke each other down.

With time, you will understand...
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

*signing off

Bill-Nye-Meme-1.jpg