Healthy Breakfast Ideas (:

Options

Replies

• Morryarty
    Options
    Sometimes I have Shreddies with dried strawberries or blueberries and a handful of mixed nuts and seeds.
    and other times I have a 2 egg mushroom omelette or 2 eggs bacon and mushrooms, and Coffee. or if Im in a hurry perhaps toast with honey and a handful of mixed nuts, hope that helps. Oh and of course on 5:2 days…zilch, nil, nada, nothing :smile:
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    One of my MFP friends had this in her diary. I am going to do this one myself!

Fresh 'n Nova - Black Olives Hummos
    Organic - Flour Tortilla, 1 tortilla 50g
    Whole Foods - Atlantic Smoked Salmon, 3 oz

I love salmon for breakfast. Yes!
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I go in long stretches of eating the same thing then switch it up. Most breakfasts I make ahead and take into work to eat. I like to have protein in the morning. Over the past year I have done:

Steel cut oatmeal with nut butter and/or fruit
    Paleo pancakes (2 eggs + 1 banana mashed together, usually add fruit or nut butter after warming in microwave)
    Hard boiled eggs + fruit
    Crustless quiche baked ahead with whatever meat/veggies I have on hand
    Chicken sausage with fruit
    Yogurt with granola and/or fruit
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It's typically oatmeal with peanut butter for me. I find the macro combination to be adequately filling until lunch!
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every weekday morning: 6 oz plain greek yogurt, mix in 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1T PB2, 1T chia seeds. And if you make it the night before by morning it's like chocolate pudding. Pudding for breakfast? Uhhh, yes - please! Keeps me full for 4 hours easily, and helps me resist the donut temptations that show up at work every once in a while.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I usually have a dannon light and fit greek yogurt. Occasionally, I will have Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal. Either one fills me up for a few hours.
  • HannahPeaa
    Options
    Granola with natural yoghurt and blueberries :)
  • bethanp
    bethanp Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of go to breakfasts during the week:

-One serving of plain oatmeal with cinnamon and fruit added (sometimes a banana which makes it taste like warm banana bread, in the summer blueberries are great in there, or a chopped apple is super yummy)

-One serving of plain yogurt with 1/2 cup of chopped berries and topped with some honey nut o's for crunch

-Whole wheat English muffin topped with peanut butter and a sliced banana (this is one of my favorites- super filling and has a great combo of fat, protein, and carbs to keep me full)

-Whole wheat English muffin with a scrambled egg patty with spinach and feta mixed in (similar to the Starbucks wrap but made at home- I make the egg the night before and wrap in the fridge to reheat in the morning)
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Omelettes
    Pancakes with fruit toppings
    Porridge with mixed fruit or sprinkled cinnamon
    Fruit with greek yoghurt
    Runny eggs with brown seeded bread
    Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs

Today I just had jam with seeded brown bread - Trying to have a break from the porridge as I have been obsessed with it lately.

Peanut butter and porridge is my fav!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Luana11368
    Luana11368 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can freeze the paleo pancakes and then heat them in the microwave?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Bacon, egg and cheese on a whole wheat english muffin... plenty filling for less than 400 cals :bigsmile:
  • Mickey2u
    Mickey2u Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    During the work week I just eat these little bags of mixed nuts, yogurt, and oatmeal from Emerald.

I think they are Emeralds Breakfast to go. I usually buy the Berries and Cream ones and the Maple Oatmeal Clusters.

On the weekends I usually make Eggs or have Cereal.
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I typically have two whole grain waffles, two slices of turkey bacon and a bowl of Cheerios. I eat a lot of turkey through the day, in fact XD Turkey sandwich for lunch, for instance. No "real" bacon or ham for me.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    1- usually I grab 2 hard boiled eggs with a big mug of green tea w/lemon…If I am feeling hungry I will add some veggies .

or

2 - spinach/mushroom omelet

I like to keep it simple
  • srhelm
    srhelm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Instant sugar free oatmeal and a banana.
    Turkey sausage patty one egg and shredded cheese on a bagel thin.
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Eggs and bacon......perfect!
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Eggs & oats or yoghurt, oats, PB & whey.
    Protein, carbs an fats :D
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Shake with 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder, 1c almond milk and 1c frozen unsweetened cherries

2 thin slices whole wheat toast with 30g valencia peanut butter

55g Kashi GoLean cereal with 1/2c almond milk

Amy's breakfast burrito with 2 Tbsp salsa
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    Sometimes I'll bake a few sweet potatoes for the week and refrigerate them. I often will reheat one and have it for breakfast with either a poached egg, pb, cinnamon or brown sugar. I usually go with the poached egg to get some protein and fat in.
  • Mr_Starr
    Mr_Starr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have the following mostly every week day for me...
    > 2 eggs, usually i have sunny side up
    > hash browns
    > cappuccino
    > fruit (apple, banana, citrus, ...)