How long does it take to lose weight in thighs and butt?

Options
So I am trying to lose weight in my butt and thighs and i am kind of impatient and I want to know how long it will take
here is my exercise routine
Walk 20 minutes
Bike 40 Minutes
Kick Boxing 30 Minutes (or longer depends how much rage I have)
I do squats and lunges and lift weights daily and I do some pilate type move things
I drink a lot of water and I get atleast 80 grams of protein a day .

Just wondering if anyone has some tips or advice?
Thanks much(:

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce. It'll come off when it comes off. Make sure your nutrition is in check, you can't out exercise a bad diet!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    There is no way to control where you will lose fat. Your body has that hardwired in, unfortunately.
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    The exercise will help firm those areas up, but the weight loss will come from your diet. Make sure you're continuing to eat at a deficit and that you are tracking your food accurately.
  • xXRosie3
    Options
    I eat rather healthy in my opinion and track everything I eat . I eat clean I try to eat less processed foods as possible and I portion size everything I use measuring cups to measure out pasta and read the serving size labels . If my food diary is open which i am positive it is take a look(:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    There is no way to control where you will lose fat. Your body has that hardwired in, unfortunately.

Yep - this! (unfortunately). I will always be a pear :cry:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I eat rather healthy in my opinion and track everything I eat . I eat clean I try to eat less processed foods as possible and I portion size everything I use measuring cups to measure out pasta and read the serving size labels . If my food diary is open which i am positive it is take a look(:

It doesn't matter. As noted previously, you can't spot reduce and your body will lose fat from where it wants to - not necessarily where you want it to.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    too long
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    So I am trying to lose weight in my butt and thighs and i am kind of impatient and I want to know how long it will take
    here is my exercise routine
    Walk 20 minutes
    Bike 40 Minutes
    Kick Boxing 30 Minutes (or longer depends how much rage I have)
    I do squats and lunges and lift weights daily and I do some pilate type move things
    I drink a lot of water and I get atleast 80 grams of protein a day .

Just wondering if anyone has some tips or advice?
    Thanks much(:
    be patient and keep doing what you're doing. You can't spot reduce.
  • xXRosie3
    Options
    I have seen a lot of other ladies that exercise a lot and eat well and are toned and have gone from having big butt and thighs
  • cootason
    cootason Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It can take a while to be honest as you cant spot reduce nutrition and exercise play a good role. eat as clean as possible food such as eggs for breakfast tuna for lunch, and a great healthy dinner can give great results, if your using protein drinks. i have been taking them morning and night before bed seems to be giving me good results so far. wishing you all the best on your weight loss.
  • AlohaKeAkua
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! It took some time to see noticeable changes, but I can see a huge difference now. I recommend not just walking, but maybe throw in a few short jogs/runs during that walk. If you're using a treadmill, go up an incline for a little bit. I like to do a fast walk up a high incline and I can always feel it the next day! Squats and lunges are awesome! Keep it up! Sounds like you're off to a great start!
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options

That is actually not true. You have many days ( three just during the last week ) where you don't log at all and eating or better drinking nothing but Herbal life and protein bars for whole days and skipping meals on others, staying around 800-1000 calories before exercise is not healthy AT ALL. Maybe you need to inform yourself better in regard to nutrition and calorie intake in general.
    Good Luck !
  • xXRosie3
    Options

That is actually not true. You have many days ( three just during the last week ) where you don't log at all and eating or better drinking nothing but Herbal life and protein bars for whole days and skipping meals on others, staying around 800-1000 calories before exercise is not healthy AT ALL. Maybe you need to inform yourself better in regard to nutrition and calorie intake in general.
    Good Luck !
    I just started this site about three days ago so thats why I dont have many days log on and I feel fuller for longer when I drink the protein shakes and eat protein bars so that why it doesnt add up to be a big amount of calories at the end of the day and i get enough protein and i actually feel better. Thanks for your concern and opinion i appreciate it really opened my eyes to eat a more variety of things(:
  • xXRosie3
    Options

Good Luck !
    I just started this site about three days ago so thats why I dont have many days log on and I feel fuller for longer when I drink the protein shakes and eat protein bars so that why it doesnt add up to be a big amount of calories at the end of the day and i get enough protein and i actually feel better. Thanks for your concern and opinion i appreciate it really opened my eyes to eat a more variety of things(:
    Also its part of the herbalife thing to drink two protein shakes a day so i have been doing that to see if i feel a difference because i did loose about 35lb getting enough protein in
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options

Good Luck !

I really don't want to be the argumentative one here but that is actually incorrect also. I know you are new. Your first log entry was on December 6th and that is more than three days ago. Maybe you need to be a bit more aware of what you do in general and what you eat and how much specifically.....it really helps in weight loss....:o).
    There is more to weight loss and being healthy than just getting enough protein. You actually need calories from a variety of foods and getting 800-900 calories from protein drinks and bars alone is not as healthy by far as 1500 calories ( or 1200 if you are like I old and barely 5 feet tall) from a variety of sources that include carbs, fat and protein. As I said in my earlier post, maybe you need to get better/more information in regard to nutrition and weight loss....you can only benefit from it.
    Again, Good Luck !
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    general rule of thumb is first place you gain = less place you lose. last place you gain = first place you lose.

unfortnately that usually means that those first places are going to be the ones people consider problem areas and will be the same ones that they zero in on to gage how well they are doing with weight loss. but the truth is you will lose from all over, just different percentages depending on your genes.

also pay attention to things you might not be paying attention to like wrists, feet, fingers, etc
  • xXRosie3
    Options

Good Luck !

I really don't want to be the argumentative one here but that is actually incorrect also. I know you are new. Your first log entry was on December 6th and that is more than three days ago. Maybe you need to be a bit more aware of what you do in general and what you eat and how much specifically.....it really helps in weight loss....:o).
    There is more to weight loss and being healthy than just getting enough protein. You actually need calories from a variety of foods and getting 800-900 calories from protein drinks and bars alone is not as healthy by far as 1500 calories ( or 1200 if you are like I old and barely 5 feet tall) from a variety of sources that include carbs, fat and protein. As I said in my earlier post, maybe you need to get better/more information in regard to nutrition and weight loss....you can only benefit from it.
    Again, Good Luck !
    I am not trying to argue and i know you are not as well so i am apologize if i am coming across that way . I do log everything I eat though i also dont eat at a specific times just when i am hungry. I will try to find some articles that give better information about weight loss and nutrition. What do you eat and your idea of being healthy? maybe ours are just different
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Ang108 is correct. Getting enough protein is good to help prevent loss of muscle, but it isn't the whole story. If you are in too much of a deficit then your body will get the calories it needs from where ever it can, and that includes existing muscle. Aim to eat the number of calories MFP gave you, plus eat back most of the exercise calories. Personally, I just use protein shakes as a supplement to ensure I get enough protein, I don't use them as a meal replacement. Real food is good, and will help you reach your micronutrient targets too.

You don't have a whole lot to lose (17 lb, according to your ticker), so don't try to do it too fast. Slow and steady wins the race here. The fat will come off your thighs and butt as you reduce your % body fat.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    According to my butt, it takes a while.