YAY or NAY: Pajamas In Public ?

Options

Replies

• numejak
    numejak Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Miley Cyrus goes to the airport in PJ's so I guess it's OK. Must be if Miley does it
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I wear my spandex gym pants to Starbucks before I go to the gym. Also, gym pants immediately AFTER the gym are fine. Yoga pants mostly fine too. The only group of people that can wear pj pants in public are college students; and even then, they should keep that on campus and not in public public.
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Ummm ... NO

Just ... NO

Not even to Walmart.
  • purplepink1992
    Options
    I frequently wear yoga pants in public.. As for pj's no, absolutely not, unacceptable :noway:
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants - yes
    PJ -no - unless you are at Walmart. Apparently it's expected there.

^^This
    Any adult wearing pajamas in public is viewed as lazy or incompetent. Dress as you would like to be treated.
  • gk03ub
    gk03ub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    How do yoga pants even have anything to do with sleepwear?
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I don't care what anyone else is wearing as long as I don't have to cover my children's eyes! If you want to go our and get laughed at, by all means, bring a little humor to my day.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a red eye flight across the US on Christmas. I will be wearing the most comfortable clothing I own. I don't care what you think.

But I typically don't personally like going out in pajamas. Yoga pants I've done because I went right from the gym or I planned on going to the gym after. I've worn plain gray lounge pants (could be used for sleeping or for walking, they are called dorm campus pants) out and about a few times, mostly when I was sick or hung over.

I don't care what others wear - it doesn't effect me. Unless they are exposed, why would it bother me?
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I wear my PJ bottoms when I take my dog out in the morning but that is where I draw the line.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    A nightgown in public, wtf? I wear yoga pants in public.

You'd be surprised. In London a few years back a lot of teenagers had a thing for going out in pj's, Ugg's, & dressing gowns :huh:

That must be one of those cyclical fashion things. Here in the States, there was a craze among grunge teens in the 90s for wearing old man pajamas. It was mostly teen girls and super hot 20-ish guys who did this. Often with combat boots. I participated briefly in '93 myself haha
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    wow, I hate dirtballs wearing their pjs atwal mart
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    none of those in public. When I see that I really wonder if people have lost their sense of self respect.

Agreed. Although I have been known to go to the store after yoga/pilates in my yoga pants and a t-shirt.:glasses: :glasses:
  • Lindsay_1984
    Lindsay_1984 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants are exercise clothes.

So exercise clothes, YES
    Pajamas, NO
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga pants and leggings all the time but make sure I don't look sloppy.

I can't stand PJs in public, though! That was one of my big pet peeves in college, mostly because pajamas make people feel lazy and relaxed and they end up not taking classes seriously or they just sleep through class (why did you bother to show up anyway?)

I can understand if you're really sick and you literally had to drag yourself out of bed to run to the pharmacy or something, but I knew a girl in school who wore pajamas every day and would even wear two pairs of pajama pants layered on cold days. Why not just put on a pair of jeans or something?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I guess you'd have to own them first
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Pajamaas in publick is just pure lazyness. no offence.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I've got really cute tops that are supposed to be sleepwear according to the tag, but they're too freaking cute to sleep in. So I guess I'm guilty of wearing what's supposed to be sleepwear in public out.. But you can't even tell it's sleepwear because of how the top looks. I've got at least three tank-top type shirts that are meant for it, but I wear them normally, & one that looks like a dress, so I wear it as a dress.

I would never wear my PJ pants out in public or anything like that, 'cause that's just too weird since you can clearly tell all of mine are PJ pants.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    No pajamas in public sweetcheeks.
    If I see someone wearing pj's in public I am going to assume they are a slob.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    No pajamas in public sweetcheeks.
    If I see someone wearing pj's in public I am going to assume they are a slob.

thats sterreotyping
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Yay, if pj's are cute and if person looks cute when they roll out of bed.