What can you do now that you couldn't do 30 days ago?

Options

Replies

• Anita_hoar12345
    Options
    I can make it through kickboxing without running to the bathroom to puke my guts out and I fit in my xl shirts instead of 2x
  • joycloete
    Options
    I can do a farmer's walk with a 25 kilogram plate in each hand.
  • suzysunshine1
    suzysunshine1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • grammagie
    grammagie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I can fit into regular size clothes...xl..instead of plus size clothes..sizes 2 and 3x:)
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    A month ago, I was just starting on the treadmill at about 3.5mph. (I haven't ran in probably 10+ years). Now, I can't do long periods of running, but last night I did short bursts of sprints at 6-7mph, which felt awesome. Getting there! :)
  • 1Lightstep
    1Lightstep Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This morning I was told to stop taking my diabetes meds. I am no longer considered diabetic.

That has got to be one of the best results you could possibly have! Well done!
  • diamier
    diamier Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I know a lot more about diet and that I should listen to myself, because, actually, since the childhood my parents made very nutritiousmeals and I wouldn't need any diets, but, oh well, - let's just say, I can control my diet in a very natural way now and plus, I can stretch my leg a lot more and do 20 push-ups. :D
  • manny1991
    manny1991 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Push-ups on my toes :-) 30 days ago I didn't even think I could do that!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I've been a big of a slug lately but worked out today and found that I was going faster than the stair machine, had to pump it up to 85. 30 days ago I was in the 70's. Had to stop at 20 minutes because hubby wanted to leave but I know I could have made it another 10 at least. Anything you've noticed you can do better than 30 or more days ago?
  • mhasita
    mhasita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    waking up at 7am to exercise
    30 minutes of kickboxing without stopping for air
    15 half push ups without stopping.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I added "strength" training (Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred) to my exercise routine this month. I've done level 1 nine times so far, and already I've gone from not being able to do even one "real" pushup to being able to do 6 before I have to drop back down to my knees. Granted, I have 30 fewer pounds to push up than I did 6 months ago, but I'm still pretty excited about that improvement.
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    So I want to hear more progress. Was on the stair machine yesterday and I pumped that bad boy up to 105 for a few minutes and was in the 90's the rest of the time. I can do so much more ab work than I could before, too. Son pushed on my stomach and remarked that there was muscles under there! Looking forward to losing more fat so I can see more of what I have accomplished under it! What about you? Any progress you'd like to share?
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    Time to hear more motivating stories. What's your 30 day progress? I haven't lost any weight in 30 days so I'm in need of motivation! I do however, feel stronger and faster. Just don't have anything measurable to post...so post away!
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Down 7.2 lbs. Pleased about that :-)

There are now 6-milers in amongst the 3-4 milers in my walking log. I'm getting faster, too, and the long hill on one loop is now hard, but doable without stopping. I'm feeling better!
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Jog on the treadmill for 60min non stop, follow by uphill walk for another 60min. I always said I have no stamina but really I was just not pushing myself hard enough in the past.
  • Stubbornfighter
    Stubbornfighter Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Don't worry :) Weight itself isn't everything, it is your health that matters. Besides, if you gain muscle, which is good, you might maintain the same weight but look different. You can do it. I walked a rigorous uphill and downhill maze of a walk today when the previous week I tried the same thing and couldn't make it. I was so proud!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Deadlift 220 pounds. :happy: Hoping in 30 more days to have that be 230 pounds!
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I am wayyyy more flexible than I was 30 days ago.
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Do up my jeans without risking a major button blow out.

I got back to the office after Christmas, turned my computer on, sat down and damn near shattered the screen when the fastner on my waist band flew off. Seriously, if a small animal or child had been in the way then it would have been curtains for them.
    :laugh:
    Mavis
  • ktroeloffs
    ktroeloffs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I keep reminding myself how far I've come in two weeks and that I am making a dent in to my long-term health goals for 2014…..I have only had three diet sodas in the past two weeks since I started on a health challenge; I have only had a handful of sugary sweets in the past two weeks; I am eating way less than ever before, drinking more water and eating more nutritional fruits and vegetables; I chose to walk during my daughter's vocal lessons on a frigid, windy midwest day instead of sitting solitary while I waited; I walked for 1 hour and 20 minutes yesterday while I waited for my daughter as she had a meeting. I am feeling healthier, my sugar cravings are less, I am starting slowly to lose weight and am every day moving closer to my long-term health goals. It feels good to be moving forward and sticking with this plan. I couldn't have gotten this far without the support of a health challenge group that I am in that is encouraging me in around 10 areas of overall health!