I hate lunges!!!

Options

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

I didn't fall over lunging. I faceplanted the first time I attempted a prone jackknife on the stability ball. But still, once is enough for any move, lol.

Haha, me too - goddamn you NROLFW
  • Morryarty
    Options
    I like lunges, but I hate BURPEEEEEEEEESS!!!!!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I hated pull-ups, so I did a pull-up challenge - 50 Pull-ups a day, 6 days a week, 3 weeks. Now I don't hate pull-ups.

Used to hate Deadlifts, now I've just stuck 30KG\66Lbs onto my PB in 5 months, by pushing each session.

Take your weakness and turn it into a strength - best way to stop hating them

This is what I have done with shoulder press, dead lifts, lunges, press ups and bench press. I love all of these exercises now.
  • staplebug
    Options
    Push ups or any modification of a plank move. My upper body strength sucks.
  • icywindow
    icywindow Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love what lunges do for me, especially walking lunges. It makes me feel strong to pick a target 50 yards away and say "I'm going to lunge to that fire hydrant." Also helps with IT band syndrome. Make every day leg day!
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options

I didn't fall over lunging. I faceplanted the first time I attempted a prone jackknife on the stability ball. But still, once is enough for any move, lol.

Haha, me too - goddamn you NROLFW

So glad I'm not alone! :drinker:
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I love what lunges do for me, especially walking lunges. It makes me feel strong to pick a target 50 yards away and say "I'm going to lunge to that fire hydrant." Also helps with IT band syndrome. Make every day leg day!

The stationary walking lunges are the ones I hate the most!!!....LOL
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I hate lunges, too! Walking lunges are OK, so I usually do that version instead of stationary.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I don't like pushups, I HATE mountain climbers and I don't like star jumps (jumping jacks for Americans). I try my best to do it, if I want to get out of it, I'll have a few seconds break, then I will try and do it again. I'll also try and think of something. Last night while doing 30 day shred I was thinking what colour curtains to get for my room.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I like lunges, but I hate BURPEEEEEEEEESS!!!!!

Hate burpees too.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Johnny C's or anything pushup related.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    If you can squat all day you aren't squatting heavy.

If you are squatting heavy there is no need for lunges.

Easier on the knees too
  • hmjohnson25
    hmjohnson25 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Lunges and crab walks are my least favorite things to do. Apparently I'm not coordinated because I'm all over the place when I do them. For some reason, walking lunges are a bit easier but I'm still not a fan.
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Inverted row.

I just fricking hate it!!!
  • Krisydee103
    Krisydee103 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Burpees! I don't do them anymore but I used to do them almost every morning at my old job lol
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I hate lunges very very much. I don't know why, because even the thought of them makes me so mad...LOL...I love squats and can do those all day but lunges are my weakness, what is the exercise you hate the most and how do you overcome it?

I am right there with ya! I love squats and most other leg exercises, but lunges are the devil. We did drop set, walking lunges and I was fairly certain I would die.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Try Bulgarian squats. :devil:

I hate BSes but I just do them anyway. They scare me because if your balance isn't perfect, it's easy to fall over and have a whole gym point and laugh at you.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Try Bulgarian squats. :devil:

I hate BSes but I just do them anyway. They scare me because if your balance isn't perfect, it's easy to fall over and have a whole gym point and laugh at you.

I was doing Single Leg frog jump burpees- this requires going down the long open corridore from the front of the gym toward the bathrooms... and I was half way through like my second set I think- and I pretty much just fell over at one point- I landed- and was too deep and just sat flat down on my *kitten*.

no on laughed. And that was literally the middle of the gym.

I don't think people laugh at people- and if they gawk or laugh do it's for doing something so insanely wrong they are more likely to fail and or hurt themselves- or it's just 100% ineffective. (guy on the cell phone doing single arm assisted pull ups- I think he was just doing them to keep himself busy while on the phone.

But someone trying to do a legitmate thing and just has a hard time- nah- people don't laugh at that.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Heavy, prone glute kickbacks... makes me want to vomit everytime. I just stopped doing them, I'd rather deadlift more.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I don't bother with any exercises I hate, because there are thousands of exercises that work the same muscle groups. For instance, you said you love squats. Lunges and squats work the same muscle groups, so there's no real need to do both. Skip the lunges and do more squats.

I don't really agree with this statement - I've been doing squats for months and bb lunges for a few weeks yet doing jumping lunges the other day produced DOMS which the others did not, likewise when I added the bb lunges - so there's obviously a slight difference (I definitely think my butt gets a bit more involved in the lunges, for example).

I do agree that there's no point doing something you don't enjoy, although a lot of the time you do come to love them.
    DOMS has absolutely nothing to do with whether an exercise is more or less effective than any other exercise. A lunge is just a split squat with your rear foot on the floor instead of on a bench, and emphasizes the quad more than anything. Works the same muscle groups. Can be useful if you have a left/right muscle imbalance, as you can isolate one side or the other, but since most people just do them exactly the same for both legs, there's really no extra benefit to lunging rather than squatting. It's personal preference.