What was the last book you read?

Options

Replies

• asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    The man in the high castle by Philip K D*ck (such an a-hole for having a censored last name.)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor by Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga

like it? i have it....just not done with the comics yet.

last one i read (am reading?) is world war Z.
    WAY better than the movie.
  • kelif5959
    Options
    Reached - by Ally Condi (3rd book in the "Matched" Series)
  • DeputySox
    Options
    Doctor Sleep by Stephen King. I highly recommend it!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    The Hunt For Red October by Tom Clancy from an orginal 1984 printing.

I'm now reading The Charm School by Nelson Demile on the Kindle. Yes, I'm on a "classic novels of the Cold War" kick.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading "World War Z" (almost finished) and just started "Dust" by Patricia Cornwell.
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some good books. Who has a book collection? Not 2 books but a book stand or shelve full of books?

I have a shelve of books maybe 25 or so, some what of a collection.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some good books. Who has a book collection? Not 2 books but a book stand or shelve full of books?

I used to have an enormous collection but then I realized it was borderline hoarding so I gave them up. :sad: Now I have about 5 boxes of my cherished books and my kindle.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning
  • splitaces
    Options
    last book was blind fall, by Christopher rice
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    It was a collection of super-short love stories from StoryCorps titled "All There Is".

Awesome book.
  • myou523
    myou523 Posts: 126
    Options
    "The MacGregors: Alan & Grant" by Nora Roberts, for the trillionth (maybe a tiny exaggeration) time :smile: I'm into cheesy romance novels!

I have two bookcases, each has 3 shelves which hold double rows of books, plus the one has a huge chest at the bottom which is stuffed with about 200 books :laugh: I think I might be a book-hoarder.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    "The Stand" by Stephen King.

It's never going to be over lmfao
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    finished my 60th book for the year.
    Don't judge, but I read it to my kids, so it counts (even thought is only 100 pages), but it was Georges Marvellous medicine. Prior to that it was "walking disaster"
  • lgumert
    Options
    I have I have about 12 floor to ceiling shelves of books, many of them double-shelved, loosely organized into categories (fiction, science, music, philosophy, etc.). I guess that counts as a library! I'm currently reading Cloud Atlas, and just finished Amy Tan's latest book, The Valley of Amazement. I read all the time: books from the library, books I own, books on kindle, my daughter's books (she's into fantasy/adventure; we love all the series by Tamora Pierce).
  • Link2Life
    Link2Life Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Fearless: The Undaunted Courage and Ultimate Sacrifice of Navy SEAL Team SIX Operator Adam Brown
    written by Eric Blehm

This was an absolutely fantastic and powerful book and not what I expected. I highly recommend it.
  • jfassas
    jfassas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The Rules of Life by Richard Templar
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    "Shooting Victoria" by Paul Murphy, about all the attempts on Queen Victoria's life. Very interesting.
  • StevenKHubbard
    Options
    I just finished A Clash of Kings (book 2 in A Song of Ice & Fire series). I'm about to start book 3 - A Storm of Swords.

But I also want to read the Buffy the Vampire Slayer comics, the Divergent series (before I get dragged to the movies) & reread The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings.
  • BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    44 Cranberry Point by Debbie Macomber....(4th book in the Cedar Cove series)