Toning

Options
Hello Everyone.
I have lost 60lbs and I am trying to tone my stomach and arms.
Does anyone know of a good firming cream that would help with the process.
I have begun doing toning exercises, just want something to help with the process :)
Thanks!
Jessica

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Toning cream?

NrVYA6t.gif
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh...
  • jessikerz07
    jessikerz07 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    A firming cream...Don't act like you haven't heard of this stuff..
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Snake oil. Your best bet is to drink lots of water and do heavy compound lifts like squats, deads, some sort of clean, and pull-ups.

Rigger
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Snake oil. Your best bet is to drink lots of water and do heavy compound lifts like squats, deads, some sort of clean, and pull-ups.

Rigger

/thread.
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    what
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Any cream works. You put it on the very top shelf, the you use the shelf to do pullups everytime you need to reach the cream. Then you move it to the bottom shelf and do squats when you need to get it.
    Then you eat a little bit less. Tadaaaa!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Toning Cream is a scam. There is only one true way to firm up that mid section. Don't believe the lies spouted before you. Blah Blah Blah, count calories, workout...Scam. Work smarter not harder.

1190003_4634.jpg
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    A firming cream...Don't act like you haven't heard of this stuff..

Steve-Martin-Sweat.gif
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    shut-up-exasperated-archie-o.gif
  • jessikerz07
    Options
    You all are jut so encouraging...let me clarify for you all...
    I workout almost everyday, lift weights, tone and cardio..I am not one of those people who sit on my *kitten* all day and expect a miracle cream! If none if the creams work then great..that's all that should have been said. I don't understand why there needs to be so much sarcasm on theses threads...people post for advice not to have smart comments..
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    toning = building muscle tho
  • jessikerz07
    Options
    Working on it..
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    If none if the creams work then great..that's all that should have been said.

None of the creams work.
  • JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I think it takes time for skin to tighten up on it's own...Just keep working out it will tighten over time
    also try building muscle in problem areas to help it tighten faster.
  • jessikerz07
    Options
    I think it takes time for skin to tighten up on it's own...Just keep working out it will tighten over time
    also try building muscle in problem areas to help it tighten faster.
    Thank you for your advice :) I will keep woking hard
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You all are jut so encouraging...let me clarify for you all...
    I workout almost everyday, lift weights, tone and cardio..I am not one of those people who sit on my *kitten* all day and expect a miracle cream! If none if the creams work then great..that's all that should have been said. I don't understand why there needs to be so much sarcasm on theses threads...people post for advice not to have smart comments..

What is "tone."
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Working on it..

No....no it doesn't.

"toning" is muscle definition. Tone is achived by lowering your BF%, uncovering the muscle that is underneath the fat. Strength training is beneficial here because it maintains as much muscle mass as possible so that while eating in a deficit you're losing mostly fat.

Building muscle is extremely hard, takes hours of training, eating correctly (caloric surplus), and testosterone usually comes in helpful. Being a female, you're really behind the 8 ball when it comes to building appreciable muscle.

Look into some heavy lifting programs to get started on so you maintain that muscle mass (add some noob gainz) so that when you lower your BF% there will be muscle there to give you definition.
  • jessikerz07
    Options
    Working on it..

No....no it doesn't.

"toning" is muscle definition. Tone is achived by lowering your BF%, uncovering the muscle that is underneath the fat. Strength training is beneficial here because it maintains as much muscle mass as possible so that while eating in a deficit you're losing mostly fat.

Building muscle is extremely hard, takes hours of training, eating correctly (caloric surplus), and testosterone usually comes in helpful. Being a female, you're really behind the 8 ball when it comes to building appreciable muscle.

Look into some heavy lifting programs to get started on so you maintain that muscle mass (add some noob gainz) so that when you lower your BF% there will be muscle there to give you definition.
    Thank you for the advice, I will look into it. I guess the main reason why I was asking is because I have loose skin from loosing weight. I have been gaining muscle, just want to firm my skin.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Any cream works. You put it on the very top shelf, the you use the shelf to do pullups everytime you need to reach the cream. Then you move it to the bottom shelf and do squats when you need to get it.
    Then you eat a little bit less. Tadaaaa!

I like this cream.