Anybody Else Taking the Xmas Break?

Options
1235»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I call it bulking...

But the answer is yes. I will be visiting my parents from Christmas to New Year's.
    I will be bloated and hammered the whole time and will regret nothing.

Love it! :devil:
  • MrBryGuy
    MrBryGuy Posts: 115
    Options
    I just started a strict healthy diet as well as the p90x program yesterday. A bad time to start with the holidays around the corner, but I figured I would treat myself here and there to sweets since they come everyday at my work and the temptation is just too much. Although I will treat myself here and there, my workouts are intensive and i plan on working extra hard to burn what I can of the extra sweets. Then after the new year, its back to basics.
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yep! My goal is to stay where I am for the next couple of weeks, weight wise, and not really track too closely. I actually haven't been really strict about tracking for a few weeks already, and have lost a little, though I totally admit I'm getting a little loose with that, and need to rein it back in, or I'll start to gain.

But, if I stay within about +/- 5lbs, hopefully more on the - side, I'm okay with that. I was so so so burned out with the restriction, that I'm enjoying this "break" and want to sort of eat intuitively for awhile, to see what happens if I try to strike a balance on my own. Also, I figure its trendy to want to lose weight in January- I'll get back to being more strict then.

Don't plan to back off exercise too much, although I will say this extra eating has made me a little obsessive about it, so I may need to. I can't remember my last true rest day, and start to get anxious when I could do two workouts that day, but don't. However, I can pretty much only run where we'll be for the holidays, and even that I can't always do with the traveling. So I'm going to stay committed to doing that just about every day, maybe get some body-resistance strength training in there, or find a local Zumba class. Then back to more routine in the new year.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm currently maintaining.

I'll spend Christmas maintaining AND eating cookies. I'm taking a 1.5 week break from the gym.

Calories don't scare me!
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Like for Thanksgiving week, I probably will be eating slightly more on average between the 20th-1st when I'm home for the holidays. I try my best to keep all regular days in range by planning ahead the best that I can. Then, for Christmas Eve and Christmas, I will be more lax about my counting and try to just keep around or a little over maintenance level. I really don't like being ridiculously full anymore anyway.

I ended up only being up 0.5 lbs after a Thanksgiving week where I had the holiday and multiple other outings where I overate/overdrank a bit with friends and family back home. I lost extra weight the following couple of weeks too, so I think it was just water retention. I'm trying to keep that balance where I enjoy holidays like usual, food included, but also keep on going.
  • shawn1112
    shawn1112 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I wont track accurately on X-Mas or X-Mas Eve, i will eat whatever I want. But I will more than likely work out a little harder that week.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Nope. I know if I take a break that long I won't want to get back on track. I'm not counting calories for Christmas dinner and will probably not eat much before that meal, but I couldn't take a whole break. I'm in this for a lifestyle change. I didn't count Thanksgiving and I won't count Christmas because once I reach my goal weight I won't be doing that. I also don't deprive myself of sweets entirely. I think I had a lot of sugar this week actually... so a break for me would really just be me stuffing my face with all kinds of sweets and gaining back the 16bs I lost already.
    \

Don't think you would ever gain 16lbs in 3weeks!

I gained 13 lbs. on a six day carribbean cruise. HONESTLY! It can be done. Can you imagine how much I ate (& drank)? The buffet & food places were open 19 hours a day and I was gonna get my money's worth.

So u think u ate around 30,000 cals for those 6 days?

13 lbs. x 3500 calories per lb. = 45,500 divided by 6 days ~ 7,500 additional calories a day I ate & drank. And believe me, I did.
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm not yet at my goal, I'll take Christmas day off the rest of the days I'll eat the sweet treats in moderation an train more I'll be back in the gym the day it reopens. I'm going gym as much as I can before Christmas .
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    There is always a good excuse to postpone workout plans

13%2B-%2B1
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    bump
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I am!! Going to be on a trip for a week, I'm going to try to log everyday but also treat myself! Hopefully there is a gym in our hotel!
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I am still on last years xmas break :grumble:

Lol
  • Iconx15
    Options
    Nope
    Too Motivated and don't celebrate xmas
  • s1hern
    s1hern Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am not at my goal yet but I am going to take a break on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Until then I have to keep watching what I eat and keep exercising. But just going to take a break on Christmas Eve and Day.
  • titanium2012
    Options
    Last Christmas was pretty tough for me, so I'm looking forward to enjoying myself this Christmas! For me, it's not worth it to be super obsessed with calories while traveling and visiting family. I will most likely still log, but I'm not going to feel bad if I indulge more often than I would throughout the year.

My family eats pretty healthy so I'm not worried about the food. It's mainly the beer and wine. But I'm already planning to give up (or significantly reduce) alcohol once January hits, so I'm going to just enjoy the next two weeks.

As far as exercise, I agree with those saying that it's too hard to get back into a routine after a 2-3 week break. I'm planning on working out with family and friends in order to stick to my routine.