Are men only interested in women with lower IQ's...

Options
15678911»

Replies

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    EQ is more important than IQ for me.
  • fishnbrah
    Options
    im far more interested in a girls personality than her IQ. also men or women, no one likes a smart *kitten*
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    im far more interested in a girls personality than her IQ. also men or women, no one likes a smart *kitten*

tumblr_li9zsskofj1qz6g3w_zps96ff1c88.gif
  • ajlandon
    ajlandon Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Never have I ever... met a man that said "I ike how you think, tell me more!"

Always have I met a man that says "nice rack."

Moral of the story: boobs>brains.

The last person I dated, the opposite happened.

Well, not those exact words. I could engage in conversations with him about the finer points of phylogenetics, and he liked that.

I have no idea which of us has the higher IQ.
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I could engage in conversations with him about the finer points of phylogenetics, and he liked that.
    I would like that too. Sequencing genomes seems so much more "on target" than a taxonomic classification based on morphology alone.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I mean there's a select few of us I here that are covered, but just curious about other men's and women's thoughts here...

If having an IQ means her booty is big... then yes.
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I mean there's a select few of us I here that are covered, but just curious about other men's and women's thoughts here...

If having an IQ means her booty is big... then yes.

honky tonk badonkadonk

badonkadonk-o.gif
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I don't understand the question. :tongue:

On a side note, my husband and I had the same SAT score (yet somehow he got into an Ivy League school and I did not even think to apply to one).
  • dawnari
    dawnari Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    now you made me think whether a relationship could be successful with two individuals with a big difference in IQ. By big I mean 30-40.

My experiences with this have not been pleasant. (For perspective: I was tested as a child with an IQ of 138. I was in gifted and talented education all through school, graduated high school early, and am graduating university summa cum laude. These experiences were with high school dropouts who could barely write a coherent sentence.)

First time: I felt frustrated, held back, misunderstood, and VERY ALONE. I couldn't share my thoughts and ideas with the one person who was supposed to be sharing my life with me because he didn't get them - and then he would feel threatened. Eventually I stopped sharing my dreams and ideas, squashed them, and hid a part of myself away. We divorced when I was pregnant with our second child (he initiated it, but I think the strain of living a lie was showing up on me too much).

Second time: Same feelings, only when he felt threatened he would belittle me and tear me down.

You think I would have learned the first time; but I was scared and insecure having just transitioned from mostly stay-at-home mom to single mother of one with one on the way. In desperation, I accepted the first hand that reached out to me. After that relationship ended I said, "Enough is enough! I'd rather be alone the rest of my life than go through that again!"

So in my opinion, big differences in intelligence levels don't work out. If you want a whole, healthy relationship, you need to be able to fully engage the other party.

On a side note: I have more interesting conversations with my kids. They are thinkers like me :)
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Hmm, marked for later.
  • estaticaa
    estaticaa Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I think both men and women like to feel that they're understood and want the partner to see them as someone interesting. So it's not really a matter of who has the higher IQ that influences the choice of the partner, but how they make you feel when you're just being yourself.

So, for many people, having the same cultural background / level of education / IQ / sense of humor usually helps to sustain mutual interest and make the relationship successful. When the discrepancy is too great and they start thinking they're too smart / too stupid for the other, it's bound to affect how they feel about each other in the long.
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    No you have this backwards, only women with low IQ's are interested in some men!
  • thecathedral
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it went downhill on the first page.
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    they say opposites attract. :-)

it kinda depends i guess on what you want, if its just some fun and nothing serious then IQ/compatibility doesn't really come into it, its weather you fancy the person or not. When it comes to a relationship then of course IQ/compatibility has to come into it. no point in not being able to have a conversation with the person you might spend the rest of your life with without smashing your head against a wall
  • HoneyDaggers
    HoneyDaggers Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    hmmm, might be why the pickings are mighty slim....
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    now you made me think whether a relationship could be successful with two individuals with a big difference in IQ. By big I mean 30-40.

My experiences with this have not been pleasant. (For perspective: I was tested as a child with an IQ of 138. I was in gifted and talented education all through school, graduated high school early, and am graduating university summa cum laude. These experiences were with high school dropouts who could barely write a coherent sentence.)

First time: I felt frustrated, held back, misunderstood, and VERY ALONE. I couldn't share my thoughts and ideas with the one person who was supposed to be sharing my life with me because he didn't get them - and then he would feel threatened. Eventually I stopped sharing my dreams and ideas, squashed them, and hid a part of myself away. We divorced when I was pregnant with our second child (he initiated it, but I think the strain of living a lie was showing up on me too much).

Second time: Same feelings, only when he felt threatened he would belittle me and tear me down.

You think I would have learned the first time; but I was scared and insecure having just transitioned from mostly stay-at-home mom to single mother of one with one on the way. In desperation, I accepted the first hand that reached out to me. After that relationship ended I said, "Enough is enough! I'd rather be alone the rest of my life than go through that again!"

So in my opinion, big differences in intelligence levels don't work out. If you want a whole, healthy relationship, you need to be able to fully engage the other party.

On a side note: I have more interesting conversations with my kids. They are thinkers like me :)

This demonstrates beautifully how little "IQ" matters to common sense learning or a successful life. All you learned from two unhealthy relationships was that the men were not smart enough for you? Do you not see the irony?
  • JTUSAFRet
    JTUSAFRet Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think both men and women like to feel that they're understood and want the partner to see them as someone interesting. So it's not really a matter of who has the higher IQ that influences the choice of the partner, but how they make you feel when you're just being yourself.

So, for many people, having the same cultural background / level of education / IQ / sense of humor usually helps to sustain mutual interest and make the relationship successful. When the discrepancy is too great and they start thinking they're too smart / too stupid for the other, it's bound to affect how they feel about each other in the long.

+1