Big Boob Blues

Options

Replies

• NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I totally understand this, I lost 80lbs and only went from a tight 40D to a loose 40C. So disappointing.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Just FYI, I think you look great! But, I do understand. Best wishes
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36 or 38 DDD and I know exactly what you are saying. Before I found this site I lost a little weight on my own all together its about 22 lbs and none of the weight has come from my boobs. I have always been big boobed (I was told at 12 years old that I would need a breast reduction when I finished puberty to help with my scoliosis) and when I brought up wanting to lose weight to people they told me it would all come from my boobs and I would never drop a pants size. But like you my bras are still fitting perfectly and my jeans are falling off of me while I walk. its tough buying tops to fit these monsters, they are usually lose in the belly and tight in the chest. I really have no advice on how to help the problem but I wanted to let you know that you aren't alone.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    If you have fat in your breast tissue, it should go down eventually as your BF% decreases. But if you're losing weight but not losing overall BF%, then you may or may not lose much off your chest.

How much has your BF% changed? If smaller chest is really a goal, then I'd suggest adding overall muscle and overall cutting BF%.
  • feyruiz
    Options
    wow my gf would kill to be you ( i would not object either lol).

She went and had augmentation last year, cuz she got tired of feeling like she was "missing out" - her words not mine!
  • ABetterMe111
    Options
    I am a Cup size F. Bust 43. under-bust 36.5 (I was just properly sized for a new bra not long ago) :smile:
  • kayglaze
    kayglaze Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Don't think I have ever cried so hard in front of a sales associate.

Does that mean that you normally cry in front of sales associates, just not normally that hard? That's really not appropriate behavior at all. Maybe you should work on your emotional issues?

Personally, I've gone from 38G to 32G so far, so same cup size, but that does represent a loss of volume since cup size is relative to band size. Yes, the size of my breasts gets me unwanted attention and that's annoying, but it also makes me attractive to people who I find attractive, so it's not all negative.

Actually, yes I have cried in front of a sales associate before. My breast are actually a huge problem for me and I find it disheartening when my efforts are having zero effect on them. However since this post was mainly about breast advice, your comments about my emotional response weren't necessary. As a trained therapists and counselor, I am fully aware of when emotional responses are inappropriate and have very much insight as to whether or not I have "emotional issues." When it comes to my post, I ask that you please stick to the topic at hand and not cause further damage with your judgmental comments.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Personally I've never had a problem with big boobs, not that it would matter what size fell into my lap, so to speak.:bigsmile:

It's not our boobs falling in your lap women worry about. It's our boobs falling in our own lap! :laugh:
  • kayglaze
    Options
    Thanks, its really refreshing to see that other women have this same issue. I thought my body was being weird smh
  • kayglaze
    Options
    Just FYI, I think you look great! But, I do understand. Best wishes

:-) THANKS :-)
  • kayglaze
    Options
    wow my gf would kill to be you ( i would not object either lol).

She went and had augmentation last year, cuz she got tired of feeling like she was "missing out" - her words not mine!

HA! One of my friends did the same thing! I told her if I could chop mine off and donate them, I surely would!!
  • kayglaze
    Options
    Have you started concentrating on building up your chest muscles?? Pushups, pullups, rows, kickbacks, etc? When you look at athletes like gymnasts, swimmers, etc. you almost never see any with large breasts and that is because they have a low body fat percentage and work on developing and honing their muscles.

I am not as large as you, I only started at a DD but since losing 325 pounds I am down to a C cup...I am actually hoping I will eventually be a B by the time I get to where I want to go. But I didn't really see any reduction in size until I started doing the lifting and focusing on my chest and arms...then it came off fast.

Since this post I have been doing push ups and chest flies with light weights during every workout!!! I hope to see some change, well at least more lift! Thanks for your advice :-)
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    Options
    Hello,

I gain weight in my chest too, but I also am able to lose it. I even out at a C, I am a DD right now. I can't imagine what it's like to be a size H. Looking at your image on your account, I see a beautiful, curvy lady. I think that if your boobs are bothering you so much, you should consider a reduction. I think that an H would kill your back and shoulders. Are you on birth control? Birth control can cause your boobs to be bigger too.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I have had sooooo many people tell me that when you lose weight, it normally goes from your breasts first. So what you and some other ladies are saying is......that's not true??? I think I'm going to cry. That is what I was looking forward to most. You do look great in your picture, though.

I read several comments that said for us larger-chested ladies to just be thankful and not complain. We can very easily say the same thing to the ladies with smaller boobs. ;) Having huge boobs is a pain. Literally!
  • rostraqueen
    Options
    When I put on weight I was buying new bras every month - one of the reasons I'm now trying to lose weight is I can't afford any more bras!!
    But last time I dieted I noticed the weight loss in my face and round my middle first, then my thighs, arms and even my fingers! But my breasts were the last part to reduce in size. It did happen, but it was a long time coming. I'm looking forward to that part this time round and hopefully I wont put the weight back on when I'm done slimming down!
    Wish I was a smaller cup size to begin with anyway, it's so hard to find well-fitting clothes when you're big in the chest area!
  • 19TaraLynn84
    Options
    Personally I've never had a problem with big boobs, not that it would matter what size fell into my lap, so to speak.:bigsmile:

It's not our boobs falling in your lap women worry about. It's our boobs falling in our own lap! :laugh:

Haha! Seriously!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options

Does that mean that you normally cry in front of sales associates, just not normally that hard? That's really not appropriate behavior at all. Maybe you should work on your emotional issues?

Personally, I've gone from 38G to 32G so far, so same cup size, but that does represent a loss of volume since cup size is relative to band size. Yes, the size of my breasts gets me unwanted attention and that's annoying, but it also makes me attractive to people who I find attractive, so it's not all negative.

Actually, yes I have cried in front of a sales associate before. My breast are actually a huge problem for me and I find it disheartening when my efforts are having zero effect on them. However since this post was mainly about breast advice, your comments about my emotional response weren't necessary. As a trained therapists and counselor, I am fully aware of when emotional responses are inappropriate and have very much insight as to whether or not I have "emotional issues." When it comes to my post, I ask that you please stick to the topic at hand and not cause further damage with your judgmental comments.

I agree. Thought that comment was ugly and unneccesary. SMH.
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    My boobs went down quite a bit when I lost all this weight and I couldn't be happier :bigsmile:

Well that was super helpful and encouraging for the OP.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    Options

I agree. Thought that comment was ugly and unneccesary. SMH.

I agree, too. Not only rude, but way off base. Is there really a woman out there who hasn't shed tears over things that seem trivial to other people? I would have cried, too.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. Started losing at 219 lbs with a 42DDD bra size. Now I am 157 and I am 36DDD. Maybe even a 34DDD. I don't expect that I will lose much off the chest given 60lbs lost and not much of it came from the chest.

I am OK with my chest though. At least with the size. I have always been large chested and enjoyed them. Personally, they help hide the imperfection in my arms, belly, and hips.

What I don't like about my breasts is what gravity and the excess weight did to them. Once I reach goal weight and keep it off for at least one year, I am going in for reconstruction surgery. I want them back where they belong. I am sure that I will have to have some skin and probably volume removed to get them higher and more perky. I am not doing surgery specifically to make them smaller. Even though I like the size they are now, with the surgery, I dont want to have implants to keep them the same size.

My advice is love the ones you have. There are lots of great things about being large chested and even though there are creepy people out there, there are many others who can appreciate a lady with a figure. If you dont want to get rid of them, play up to them. Wear wrap dresses and great necklaces so the eye is drawn to them. I have figured out how to pose my body to enhance them so the world can enjoy them too. My posture is improved as well since i sit taller instead of hunched over. I buy blouses that fit my chest and have them tailored to fit elsewhere. When I need to keep the figure check (church, court, family dinners) I wear cardigans and other sweaters but turtle necks will NEVER be in my wardrobe because the girls have to shine.