Breasts, leave them or Augment them?

Options

Replies

• twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I just don't think I could ever get implants.....unless maybe I had to have a mastectomy and was uncomfortable with what was left. After having and breast feeding 3 kids I would however have fat replacement done. My OB is also a plastic surgeon and I have talked to him about it; he has his own office now and performs this along with many other surgeries there.

But I wouldn't go crazy big, just a full B, maybe small C. Too many big chested friends to know that large breasts are not what I would personally want. Just something to fill out a bikini top nicely.

I've never heard of fat replacement-can you give a bit more detail? I've also bf three kids, for a year each, and that along with the weight loss has made my chest look like a teenage boys :grumble: :tongue:
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Honestly I feel your pain. I'm a person who has never thought of plastic surgery as an option because I was in the camp of "natural is better"... but droopy rasins have been assulting me in the mirror fo the last couple of years and I've recently considered researching and saving.
    I have two wonderful children whom I breastfed for a year (and over) for each... I also lost 70 lbs after my first so I still have skin for 40 E/F breasts and they're now about a 34 C/D. I don't even think I have enough tissue left for just a lift, and I couldn't go under a C cup for my build, so it seems to me that augmentation would be the only way.
    Dont get me wrong, I'm proud of my body and I'm healthy but it's a little depressing to look at two things that will never go back to their former glory.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    If you have a C cups no need to do anything, if you have less you should look in to it...the clothes look better, nothing better than an hourglass figure. curves rule!

Lol. So women should cut their bodies open, have objects inserted and need to have them replaced in 10 years for thousands of dollars (they should work hard for that money and put it towards their boobs), so they can meet some specific cup number, so that people like you think they look good in their clothes. Even though they already look great, gets tons of attracted admirers and are happily coupled with someone that adores their breasts and body. And all this regardless of age, perkiness, and whether they want to have children or not. Well, maybe you just don't know that different people do have different preferences. You don't have to date them. Just find another lady that has the qualities you seek.

I think it is a personal choice and there are many reasons why a women would make this choice. But, no women should feel like she has to do it for some arbitrary reason.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Most people who say "there's nothing sexier than real breasts" probably don't find a lot of those so-called "real breasts" all that sexy.

I'm pretty sure any man can find something sexy in absolutely any pair of real breasts. I may be oversharing here, but whether it's the overall shape, the curve under the breast, the curve from the top down to the nipple, the size of the nipples (some like 'em big, some like 'em small), the shape or colour of the areolae, the softness, texture, or firmness of the breast, the responsiveness of the nipples, or the skin of the intermammary cleft, there is always something sexy in one or more of those elements to make every many happy.

Have you noticed that not one male in this thread has replied "Heck yes, by all means go and buy some double D hooters"?

I hadn't noticed that, because I don't really care what men think about my body. If they don't absolutely love my awesome bod, they're probably not worth my time. There's always another one that will come along after Mr. Natural Breast Connoisseur has turned his nose up at me (and I failed to notice or care). :bigsmile:
  • Siansonea
    Options
    If you have a C cups no need to do anything, if you have less you should look in to it...the clothes look better, nothing better than an hourglass figure. curves rule!

Lol. So women should cut their bodies open, have objects inserted and need to have them replaced in 10 years for thousands of dollars (they should work hard for that money and put it towards their boobs), so they can meet some specific cup number, so that people like you think they look good in their clothes. Even though they already look great, gets tons of attracted admirers and are happily coupled with someone that adores their breasts and body. And all this regardless of age, perkiness, and whether they want to have children or not. Well, maybe you just don't know that different people do have different preferences. You don't have to date them. Just find another lady that has the qualities you seek.

I think it is a personal choice and there are many reasons why a women would make this choice. But, no women should feel like she has to do it for some arbitrary reason.

That escalated quickly. :huh:

Fact is, curves do rule. But thin is also in. There's no body type that is superior to the other, it's all about proportion. The flat-chested look is better on gals with narrower hips, but can work on wider-hipped gals if they dress their frame well. The fuller bosom works better on gals with a narrow waist and pronounced hips, giving the classic hourglass shape. But it can work with other body types if you dress with an eye toward balancing the silhouette. And no one should feel they "ought" to get breast implants under any circumstances, if you feel you only need a little bit of extra volume, that's what padded bras are for.

Bottom line is, it's not what other people think of your breasts that matters, it's what you think of them.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    You may have read what I wrote with a different tone. I don't see that as escalating at all. No anger or upset. Just truthful. And I found his statement to be humorous (silly).

Your statements are funny as well. So many silly rules that not all women fit into. I have curves, but I'm also small. My waist fluctuates between 22 and 23 inches. So, I can be small all over and still have pronounced curves. There is a very wide range in the variation.

But, actually we are in agreement that different men have different preferences. And we don't even care or notice the men that don't find us to be their cup of tea (and there is nothing wrong with men for feeling that way, it's ok). We are already enjoying time with the men that adore us. And everyone is enjoying their time with the person or people that they find attractive and are attractive to. It's all fine.
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've always been a small B cup, now I've nursed two babies and am losing weight they obviously don't look like they used to. My husband says I can get breast augmentation, but I just don't think I could go through major surgery like that. So I will instead invest in a good push up bra ;)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I always had large breasts and they are over-rated.
    Mine sagged badly after weight loss in my 30s. At that time re-shaping and re-construction was a semi-major surgery in that my nipple would have to be re-located and I would have loss of sensation. ie it would look good but feel numb (the nerve had to be severed) perhaps surgery has improved since then but I couldn't see the value in it looking fab but doing nothing for me. I wouldn't have been able to breast feed although that wasn't a huge issue for me.
    I decided against it but now in my later years I think I might consider it.
    Yes saggy breasts ( like mine) aren't all that attractive and if I was single I might lean towards it.

So if your nipple pedicle has sagged hugely you may lose the nerve as they will need to cut it and you will have no sensation in your nipple. If you have minimal sag it wont.

Women with smaller breasts are very lucky.

Subjective. I can say, with total honesty, I've never looked down at my chest and thought 'darn, these are overrated'. I often think 'damn, I love these babies. Look at that. *pose* *grab**jiggle* *grin*'

OP: You gotta do what suits you. You wanna plump them up: Do your homework, be safe, and do it. Only you can decide what makes you happy. If I ever needed to I'd get mine done in a heartbeat and I know some people who've had them (Military wife circles are full of fake breasts.) and look awesome/aren't suffering from any side effects that I'm aware of.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

.....Have you noticed that not one male in this thread has replied "Heck yes, by all means go and buy some double D hooters"?

that might be because it's not our place to tell the OP or any other woman what to do, or what not to do, with their bodies. who really cares what you prefer?
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Subjective

Yes, it is. All of it is. Many different women, of many different body types enjoy and appreciate the body they have (whether implants or real, large, small, perky or not, and whatever else).
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    It's all fine.
    It's all fine, right up until the part where someone starts telling other people what they should do with their own body. I think that's what you were saying, right? You want to get surgery? Go nuts. You have some idea about what looks better on other people? That's fine, too, but prescriptive statements based on your opinion are not going to sit well with me. If I still have the badonkadonk butt when I'm part of the IBTC (and saggy to boot!), that's my biz. I don't even have to enjoy my body that way; I can just be dissatisfied and decide I'm not getting surgery. That's also an option.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Subjective. I can say, with total honesty, I've never looked down at my chest and thought 'darn, these are overrated'. I often think 'damn, I love these babies. Look at that. *pose* *grab**jiggle* *grin*'

This.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    It's all fine.
    It's all fine, right up until the part where someone starts telling other people what they should do with their own body. I think that's what you were saying, right? You want to get surgery? Go nuts. You have some idea about what looks better on other people? That's fine, too, but prescriptive statements based on your opinion are not going to sit well with me. If I still have the badonkadonk butt when I'm part of the IBTC (and saggy to boot!), that's my biz. I don't even have to enjoy my body that way; I can just be dissatisfied and decide I'm not getting surgery. That's also an option.

Agree!!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Is it really only $5-7k? I know a girl who got them last year and paid $25k and said she got a smokin' deal and it's often $40k!

She may have opted for fat transfer breast augmentation. The surgeon, location as well as pre and post surgery care can also affect total cost.
    I'm sure there was no fat transfer. She's a young girl with very low body fat. Probably the other.

Ahhh that is a valid point indeed@BF% much like bodybuilders. The pricier implant is the Gummy Bear Breast Implants which has been the popular choice among the teen clientele. Depending on the surgeon and location cost soars above $6K -$10K per breast, partially due to duration of surgery too. If your teen friend had some form of breast constriction/ or was tuberous, which is common among teen girls, that adds to the cost ~ usually another $8K -$10K per breast. Your stated $40K is a very likely end tally to pay. :drinker:

I have gummy bear implants AND had a lift on one side and my surgery was only $7150.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I've always kind of wanted a reduction. I guess people just have their own ideas about what they want their body to look like. I say do whatever makes you happy.
  • Siansonea
    Options
    Is it really only $5-7k? I know a girl who got them last year and paid $25k and said she got a smokin' deal and it's often $40k!

She may have opted for fat transfer breast augmentation. The surgeon, location as well as pre and post surgery care can also affect total cost.
    I'm sure there was no fat transfer. She's a young girl with very low body fat. Probably the other.

Ahhh that is a valid point indeed@BF% much like bodybuilders. The pricier implant is the Gummy Bear Breast Implants which has been the popular choice among the teen clientele. Depending on the surgeon and location cost soars above $6K -$10K per breast, partially due to duration of surgery too. If your teen friend had some form of breast constriction/ or was tuberous, which is common among teen girls, that adds to the cost ~ usually another $8K -$10K per breast. Your stated $40K is a very likely end tally to pay. :drinker:

I have gummy bear implants AND had a lift on one side and my surgery was only $7150.

I don't get it. Who wants to have boobs shaped like gummy bears? :bigsmile:
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options

I don't get it. Who wants to have boobs shaped like gummy bears? :bigsmile:

It's the hip and cool thing :P
  • kimk71
    kimk71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do it for you and you only, research and be safe.
  • runitskat
    Options
    It's apparent that women care more about what boobs look like than men....

Obviously since they are apart of our bodies we'd care about them more than men do. I know it's a wild concept but a lot of women actually care about their looks because of themselves, not men.

As to the op, it's something I'd do if i had the money and time. I was probably larger than a DD before I lost 80lbs (I don't know for sure since I've never been fitted) and now I'm down to a smaller D. Since I'm only 5'3" and have a small frame they have always look weird on me and have made me very uncomfortable. The fact that they sag doesn't bother me since they've always done that but I'd like to be able to wear a button down shirt without problems or get rude comments about them from men who think that boobs were somehow magically created just for their pleasure. You have to do what is going to make you happy since it is after all your body.
  • Siansonea
    Options

.....Have you noticed that not one male in this thread has replied "Heck yes, by all means go and buy some double D hooters"?

that might be because it's not our place to tell the OP or any other woman what to do, or what not to do, with their bodies. who really cares what you prefer?

Thank you! I wonder how men would feel about a bunch of women telling them what they should and shouldn't do about the size of their junk, and whether they should be circumcised or not. :huh: