not ditching any weight WTF??

Options

Replies

• juliecl86
    juliecl86 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i need to loose at least 22 lbs and yes I did include my exercices in my TDEE.
    And as you may have noticed I am usualy litre bit under my calorie intake and especially on my working out day because weirly I am not hungry at all after working out. The hunger comes like 6 hours later usually. I am eating even if I am not hungry though.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    This will sound crazy, especially since you haven't lost any on the scale and seem to be getting a little frustrated - but you might want to eat a little more. Here's why:

I looked at your last 7 days of food and you average eating 1543 calories a day.

Then I looked at your exercise for the week, and it says you did 2316 calories. Also, you basically said you are doing about 6 hours a week of various spinning and bodypump workouts. So, 2316 divided by 7 indicates you are burning about 330 calories per day, on average.

So you net daily average calorie intake is 1212 calories. That might be a little low with the level of activity you are sustaining. Maybe try to eat the adjusted calorie level MFP gives you on the days you workout hard.

Yes!
  • juliecl86
    Options
    Awww you might be right but I am really feeling like Im eating a lot! hahaha well good news then :)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Malkee84. thanks for your advices and to answer your question about my weight I am rather confused my home scale ( digital) inducates 79 kg ( really??? that would mean I gained 3 kg since I ve started … I am a bit sceptic.. but it shows the same every day)
    and the scale at my local gym indicates that im fluctuating between 76-77 kg…
    That is what I weighted when I started.

Absolutely do not compare weight using different scales! They are rarely calibrated accurately and besides which just the differing weight of clothes worn (assuming your wear clothes at the gym?), food and hydration levels will confuse you completely.
    Same scale, same time of day, same everything is the only way to track.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Most likely water retention due to new exercise regimen. Muscles store water to protect them and aid in recovery.
  • juliecl86
    Options
    Ok if it is the case. I guess It will come of at one point right?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    This will sound crazy, especially since you haven't lost any on the scale and seem to be getting a little frustrated - but you might want to eat a little more. Here's why:

I looked at your last 7 days of food and you average eating 1543 calories a day.

Nope. if you are not losing weight you don't eat more.

Julie, could it be that you are overestimating your calories burned? Where do you get your calorie burns from?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    i need to loose at least 22 lbs and yes I did include my exercices in my TDEE.
    And as you may have noticed I am usualy litre bit under my calorie intake and especially on my working out day because weirly I am not hungry at all after working out. The hunger comes like 6 hours later usually. I am eating even if I am not hungry though.

If you only have 22 lbs to lose, you need to do it very slow. Like 1/2 pound per week.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    This topic comes up a lot, and other members should be patient and not give out smart a*s answers.

This takes time...don't give up. The weight will come off. You could starve and lose in days, or you could do it the right way and wait.

Again: Don't give up!

If you have a bomb day...move on. Keep up the hard work and don't forgot to log the bits and bites you may have throughout your day. Unfortunately they really do add up. Better yet, forget the bits and bites altogether because they are a pain to log!!!!
  • juliecl86
    Options
    MFP.
    But I am not looking at my calorie burn at all!
    I am eating on my BMR range as I prevously said and I am definitely not eating my calorie burn back as I am not hungry after workout. I am forcing myself to eat so I doubt that is the answer to my question.
  • juliecl86
    Options
    Darling I am not losing ANYTHING! hahaha
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Again you are not at a deficit. Do you weigh everything you put in your mouth?

ETA: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/993576-why-you-gain-weight-if-you-eat-more-than-your-cut
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    This topic comes up a lot, and other members should be patient and not give out smart a*s answers.

This takes time...don't give up. The weight will come off. You could starve and lose in days, or you could do it the right way and wait.

Again: Don't give up!

If you have a bomb day...move on. Keep up the hard work and don't forgot to log the bits and bites you may have throughout your day. Unfortunately they really do add up. Better yet, forget the bits and bites altogether because they are a pain to log!!!!

I think in this case many people are just using their own personal experiences to offer advice. Like in my post... I said... eat more, or work out less... or some combination of both. When I upped my calories and reduced my workout... I started losing. You can't argue with results. All kinds of people told me "if you're not losing then you're eating too much" which is a bunch of BS because I was only eating 1300 calories/day. Starving yourself and busting your *kitten* at the gym is thrown around way too much around here as the perfect answer. People need to do a little research on the science before giving advice.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    People of MFP: STOP!

Low protein, female, and doing spinning and bodypump? OP is not gaining muscle. Seriously. Not unless she's on - ahem - enhancements. And I doubt that's the case.

Either OP is eating more than she thinks (not in a deficit) or is retaining water. My guess is the latter.
  • juliecl86
    Options
    jodi.
    Yes you are right but I don"t really binge so I don"t have this problem usually.

For what I could read so far I think I should eat a bit more on my workout days.( I Do really work hard and not kid myself during workouts trust me, sweat a lot, burn muscles I am really giving it all the way!
    As I often say Id rather do an hour working hard and being focus than 3 f¨¨ïng around.) and water retension might be the key here too. I almost sure in fact.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this came up or not. Didn't read each comment here. You been only working out for 3 weeks. By now, your body is starting to adjust to the strain you are putting on it. Your body may be still in the transferring stage of starting to rely more on your store fat for energy as opposed to the carbs you are eating. Also, because of the new exercise, your body has to now rework your body structure like strengthening muscles and tendons, building new capilaries, building up your respirtory system (your heart muscle and lungs). All of this requires a your body to be in a tempory building stage which will dely your weight loss. Once your body adjusts, you will begin to loose weight again and you will notice more energy for your workouts and during the day in general. Good luck and press on.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    Give it more time. I hope you are using something other than just weight to measure you progress. If not, get measuring your vital statistics (chest, waist, hips at the very least). Scales only show weight and fat loss can be masked by water retention, especially if you are starting into a new intense workout program.
  • juliecl86
    Options
    Hey thanks a lot. It is still early stage and I think you re right. It is just a little bit frustrating.
    For the energy definitely feeling it! I am usually working our in the evenings and after 2 hours working out I find it impossible to fell asleep. I am very awake and full of energy :)

I am sure that my hard work will pay off. :)

Cheers everyone!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks a lot. It is still early stage and I think you re right. It is just a little bit frustrating.
    For the energy definitely feeling it! I am usually working our in the evenings and after 2 hours working out I find it impossible to fell asleep. I am very awake and full of energy :)

I am sure that my hard work will pay off. :)

Cheers everyone!

Not sure if this fits into your schedule, but I find doing my cardio in the morning wakes me up and prepares me for the day with energy and focus. I am not usually a morning person but I had to train myself in this new regimen. Before, the first thing i would do is claw my way to the coffee machine. Now I don't even need the coffee in the morning. If I need a little pick me up in the day, a piece of fruit like an orange or apple works wonders for the rest of the day. By night time, I can be well rested.