Why are you losing weight ??

Options

Replies

• Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I gained back from my lowest weight. Kind of a stupid reason, but currently I'm trying to get back to that weight because that is the weight all my new clothes fit best at and I can't afford to and certainly don't want to go shopping for clothes that fit comfortably 12 pounds heavier!
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    I want to look amazing in that white dress on my wedding day.

I'm sick of being overweight, I want to be comfortable in my own skin, so while our wedding is a huge kick up the butt to lose the weight and get toned and fit, I want this to be a lifestyle change also
  • Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love clothes and fashion, but only when I'm thin. Being overweight sucks for clothes.
  • davidaward14
    davidaward14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight to get rid of my man tits. My wife find them attractive but my close friends do not.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight for two equally important reasons (sorry, can't state just one!). I am doing it for ME so I can feel good about myself. I am also doing this because I want to have children and I would like to set a good example of how to be healthy for them. I don't want my future children to grow up with an unhealthy relationship with food like I did.
  • hbk991
    hbk991 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Started when it was hard to me find pair of jeans due to size matters, then i heard a gal who said, he's cute but fat, then started my journey, today 5 - 7 pounds to reach my goal, o/
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    To look good naked. And in a bikini. I want to be healthy as well, but I will admit to a portion of my journey being pushed forward by my own vanity. I am also excited about wearing clothes based on fashion rather than on flattery. And a silly one that actually meant more to me than I ever thought it would is that my husband is able to pick me up with ease now. I never though I would enjoy being picked up so much!
  • ameltingprism
    Options
    Exactly what my profile says-

-The stares I get when walking in the mall are horrid.

-The constant grasping for air when walking up the small flight of stares is embarrassing.

-I have an amazing girlfriend that I want to spend a long life with.

-My health is important to me, even if the outside of my body is a mirror image of the horror I have put it through.

-People think I cannot do it; proving people wrong will give me a sense of pride.

-I am better than what I have become and I feel like I can be even better than what I might soon be.

-I am tired of the ache I get sitting in a booth at a restaurant because my fat won't squeeze in properly.

-I am extremely mortified that I have to continue wearing sweatpants because my size 28 jeans no longer fit me.

-I want to look pretty but feel beautiful.

-I want to be proud of myself and I want others to be proud of me.

-I want to motivate others.

-This will change my life in such a big, positive way- almost like internal happiness.
  • desolate_angel
    desolate_angel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm losing for vanity reasons. I want to look good when I graduate in June. It sounds silly considering academic regalia is rather voluminous, but there you have it. And similar to another poster above, I like it when my husband picks me up. Last time he really did that was 15 lbs. down from my current weight.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    To be able to buy clothes & have them look ok on me. And so I'm around for a long time to see my kids grow & their kids (if they decide to have them).
  • RockandRoseRebel
    RockandRoseRebel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Because I want my outsides to match my insides & what I mean by that is I FEEL sexy 95% of the time, but I want to look as sexy as I feel.

**edited for autocorrect typo
  • brooksbank1973
    brooksbank1973 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Because I know how fit and healthy I can be...wouldn't it say bad things about me if I wasn't just because I couldn't be bothered
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Because my desire for visible muscle requires me to not be fat first. Whomp whomp.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for me. My husband loves my body the way it is. I just want to be the size I am in my head, so I'm losing about 15 pounds to get there. I've been that size before and now I know how to maintain that weight once I get there.
  • anjsdav
    anjsdav Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    For my health, longevity, and personal satisfaction with the way I look.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    PAIN....so tired of my back and hip and my only good knee hurting.
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I did not like the way I looked in the mirror.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    To avoid the many health problems that run in the family. My dad survived a heart attack and quadruple bypass surgery. He's my main motivation. Blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, heart issues, etc run in my family and I don't want it.

To help my PCOS, and maybe have my own child. Instead of feline children, and just taking care of other people's children.

To be healthy, I'm just 7.5 lbs from the high end of healthy BMI.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    more confidence, I left my job for another when I lost the weight. I just respect myself more and feel worthy. It is a good feeling. Also love to wear a size 10 and find clothes at the mall. So nice to get out of stretchy shorts. I am not such a pushover when my weight is down and I feel good about myself. Hard for me to say No, I have had to work on this. Going to the Dr and not being embarrassed when they weigh me. I feel rather proud of myself.
  • starlaca
    starlaca Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    To healthy
    To be hot
    To be alive for a long time
    To be an example to my kids
    To be confident