2014 New Years Resolution!

Options

Replies

• healthismygame2
    Options
    My goal is to learn how to reign in my eating, take better care of myself, and lose 100 lbs by the end of 2014.
    [/quote

How exciting to set these types of goals. With dedication, determination and hard work -- you will successfully be able to attain these goals. Stay strong and focused, log, log, log and don't quit. Can't wait to see your before & afters. Best of luck to you. :smile:
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    My new year resolution is to do what I can to stay happy. That's all that matters. :)

You are so right -being happy is important. Best of luck in determining what will make you happy and achieving that goal. :)
  • JameicaDenise
    JameicaDenise Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    my new years resolution is to continue on my journey and yield positive results... I have accomplished some amazing results since August of this year. I want to continue all of the good habits that I have added to my life and I hope to get rid of a few of the bad ones along the way.
  • danapenguin
    Options
    run my first 5K!
  • sburns12066
    sburns12066 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My New Years Resolution for 2014 is to reach my goal weight and to continue on with a healthy lifestyle. I think I will always need to track my calories, when I don't all the little things I snack on add up. So my resolution is to also log my food everyday! Besides that I will be running my first mini marathon in May, my goal is to finish under 3 hours.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I have 31 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight, and I imagine I can do this in the first half of 2014. Then I will work on maintaining.
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Mine is like most here, to make that goal weight range. I'd like to compete in November so I've set up mini goals along the way like a 5k in June to keep me going on the weight loss portion so after June I can be training. I split everything into phases really so I can just focus on small bits so I don't overwhelm myself and I Can see the progress I am making.

I think for me that's easier. Some folks need the "all or nothing" routine and that just sets me up to fail
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be at my goal weight by March (3 months to lose 10lbs seems like plenty of time), and then to maintain weight while losing body fat and gaining muscle (aka - tone and strengthen). Run another 5K (or several). Be able to do REAL push ups.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I will cut my body fat % I am currently 20.2 still trying to figure out what is appropriate for me but think about 16% would be OK.
    I will also improve my half marathon time currently 2 hours 4, would like to get below 2.
    Finish Jillian Michaels body revolution and then total t25.
    Gain strength through stronglifts 5x5.
    Nutrition: complete a whole 30 and then continue with paleo. Reduce alcohol consumption.
    Good luck to everyone with your goals.
  • s1hern
    s1hern Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My 2014 Resolution is to loose my last 30lbs, by April. Going on a awesome trip with my sister with our mom for her 50th birthday!! Want to be able to where a bikini!! Also after I loose these 30Ibs, my body will no longer be in a lot of danger with acid reflux and heartburn. Which means no more pain or medicine!!:smile::smile:
  • angelkisses795
    angelkisses795 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am going to try the after Christmas slim down instead of New Years resolution because I don't ever seem to stick with that. My goal is lose 50 lbs in 2014 starting tomorrow! I need lots of motivation as I have tried many other times. I want to get my sugars under control and start feeling better. One day at a time is what I will tell myself:)
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Mine is to keep up the momentum from the last nine months.i have lost almost 80 pounds so far and almost to goal.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Get a handle on my binging, along with all the other goals posted previously
  • TeenageMutantNinjaMike
    Options
    No resolutions, just things I know I have to do if I want my life to improve.

I have a list of what I want and what I don't want anymore. If I get the ambition, I'll post it up.
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Lose 60 pounds by my 35th birthday, in June. Pretty high goal but it's a goal nonetheless!!

Run my first 5k in May with my nieces.
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My first main goal is to lose the weight I gained from quitting smoking and birth control shot which was 50 lbs. I am 40 lbs away now so I want to lose altogether 101.7 lbs because thats how far i am from what I should weigh. Great job on the 60 you lost
  • outerspacekitten
    Options
    My new year's goal is to maintain my weight and take up field hockey again. I haven't played for 2 months or more. Ugh. And the other goal: not gaining the pounds I've lost this year. The most important?: BEING CONFIDENT WITH MY BODY C:
  • tajuara
    tajuara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My resolutions are:

1) Lose at least 50 lbs.
    2) Finish my MBA
    3) Start my own business
    4) Travel to Morocco
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    1) Spend more time with family.
    2) Run Marine Corp Marathon (missed in 2013 due to medical issue)
    3) Qualify for 2015 Boston Marathon.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    To re-lose these 25-30lbs AGAIN...ugh.

I also want to get fitter, build muscle and endurance etc....and to keep kicking *kitten* on the tennis court!!

Non-fitness related-be better with money and just be happier