What do you do when you want to burn 100 calories?

Options

Replies

• Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    take a snickers bar, cut it in half, and throw half of it in a fire....
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    i put the fork down.
    Except that's not what she asked.

Well if you put the fork down and wait 80 minutes, you'll have burned 100 calories or so....
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    That's not the way I roll and it's not a very healthy mindset. I workout...I have set fitness objectives and a routine...I consistently practice that routine. There is no reason to go out doing some unplanned exercise or whatever just because you think you need to burn an extra 100 calories because you did something "naughty"...really, that is the road to a really bad relationship between yourself, food, and fitness...

^^^^ THIS.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    A 20min bike ride.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    To burn 100 calories you only need 15 minutes of brisk fast paced walking, go for a run, dance to music. It's quite easy to burn 100 calories which is great.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I walk the dog. *wink wink*
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i put the fork down.
    Except that's not what she asked.

only because she's not experienced enough to ask the correct questions
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with your question, it's a great one!
    I really like those quick burns. Sometimes I can't do a big workout, but I can do several smaller ones. Makes me feel better knowing that if I can't reach a larger goal of a bigger burn, I can achieve it in smaller steps. And it's better than not getting in a workout at all!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    That's not the way I roll and it's not a very healthy mindset. I workout...I have set fitness objectives and a routine...I consistently practice that routine. There is no reason to go out doing some unplanned exercise or whatever just because you think you need to burn an extra 100 calories because you did something "naughty"...really, that is the road to a really bad relationship between yourself, food, and fitness...

^This. Exactly this.
  • SkippyDead
    Options
    Unlike everyone who's being stubborn I don't live on this app. I moderate the amount of food but too ****ing bad if sometimes the foods I eat has a couple of calories more then I thought it would have.

Holy ****.

Excuse me for not being experienced enough to ask the proper question just by questioning what people do to burn a couple of extra calories.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Unlike everyone who's being stubborn I don't live on this app. I moderate the amount of food but too ****ing bad if sometimes the foods I eat has a couple of calories more then I thought it would have.

Holy ****.

Excuse me for not being experienced enough to ask the proper question just by questioning what people do to burn a couple of extra calories.

Being stubborn? Whose being stubborn? And what does that have to do with living on the app? And what does living on the app have to do about your question?

Ryan-Reynolds-confused.gif
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options

Holy ****.

Was is a peppermint mocha latte by any chance? I had one of those the other day and had no idea it had so many calories! Those things have like 200 more than I expected.

I didn't work it off, because I'm more of a 'F it' kind of girl :D
  • SkippyDead
    Options

Holy ****.

Was is a peppermint mocha latte by any chance? I had one of those the other day and had no idea it had so many calories! Those things have like 200 more than I expected.

I didn't work it off, because I'm more of a 'F it' kind of girl :D

You know what's funny? xD It was almost that. I swear I love those.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Holy ****.

If you eat a little more, shrug and move on. Feeling the need to jump up and exercise it off is an unhealthy attitude. Listen to us. We've been there, done that, and seen it from many many people.
  • i_am_stuck
    i_am_stuck Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    run a mile
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    Run a mile or take a really brisk walk. Or do a workout video.

Yeah, we've all been there where we've eaten a little more than we wanted to and are freaking out. If it's late at night I wouldn't worry about it. If it's mid-day and you really feel the need to do something then I don't see any harm in doing a little something. Sometimes I'll plan out my meals and even though I've gone to the gym in the morning I know for a fact I'm going to over indulge later on in the evening so I'll try and do a little something extra to compensate.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Basically as the title says. What exercises do you do when you want to just burn around 100 quick calories?

Run 1 mile. Walk 2 miles.

Exactly what I was thinking.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    It's not a matter of what, but whom.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    If I want an extra beer or know I'm going to be going over, yes, I might want to burn an extra 100 calories.
    Nothing weird about that, especially since we all understand calories-in calories-out.
    When you're counting calories, it's useful to think this way.

20 minute walk
    15 minute Zumba
    or
    15 minute Tabata
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    And BTW, nobody burns 100 calories with sex or "rubbing one out".

No? then you're doing it wrong. :tongue: :laugh: