Freaks Logging Calories Over Christmas

Options

Replies

• lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    I logged more out of curiosity than anything. Glad to say I was still around TDEE :)

I ate only 400 calories in the 9 hours between rising the family dinner at 4 PM.
    Today was the ninth day of my carb-cycling, so I ate both
    an Idaho AND a sweet baked potato!

I'm fasting (daily intermittent) until 10 AM tomorrow, as well as beginning
    the first day of a 9-day keto/carb cycle,
    so I am feeling fine.

Yes, I'm a freak.
    I want to be FREE of another hundred pounds by next Christmas!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    nope didn't log

it would not be in any way accurate

i know I most likely consumed 5,000 / 3 000 calories or something who knows and who cares
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I logged, but since I wasn't the one making the stuff I just had to estimate. I had a few bites of pie that I have no idea how to log, but other than that I'm pretty close to accurate, I think. I tend to estimate on the higher end if I can't actually weigh things so I might actually be further under on the calories than I think I am, but I figure the unlogged pie bites should make up for that. My fat is way over for the day though
  • JohnnyBravo64
    Options
    This is all new to me, as far as logging through the holiday, so I tried as best to guess what my wife's cooking would add up to. Thanks to being calorie conscious, I didn't gorge myself these past few days, while still enjoying some awesome food. Call me a freak then...guilty.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Please assure me I'm not alone here. ;)

Thank you for the laugh, I love your title! I just put in Christmas dinner and estimated 1,500 calories because I know I had a little bit of everything. Now I'm thinking I should go back and think about exactly what I had and lot it all in separately.

Tell me, what should I do? :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    It's been relatively tough to keep track but I think I stayed on top, went over my calories yesterday, stayed under today. I'm still new and love seeing the results of tracking my intake, so, yeah, I am a freak about stats and charts. Happy Holidays, stay healthy
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    I'm a freak too. I know it's not the most accurate as I'm sure there's some bites, licks and tastes that I forgot but I'm keeping myself used to logging every day regardless.
  • paigenevaeh
    paigenevaeh Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well I started...then I didn't want to think about those chocolates I had before bed.

Today is a new day!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Well I started...then I didn't want to think about those chocolates I had before bed.

Today is a new day!

I know what you mean! I just went back a took out my 1500 calories for Christmas dinner and actually put in what I ate and logged the calories (some estimated) and actually ate more calories than I thought I did! That's an old one, huh? Guess I'll be working out more the rest of the week and eating a bit less. I ate about 300 calories over my TDEE and did not exercise today, but tomorrow is a new day and I'll be fine.
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I logged everything. Currently sitting around 2400 and will likely eat more junk. No guilt here though. :)
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I ended up 300 over, so a 700 calorie deficit, but that's cool, because I was 300 under yesterday :).
  • bellaiabello
    Options
    Fellow freak here. I logged, stayed within my calories and even lost half a pound over the holidays.
    If I didn't I probably would have dealt with stress etc. with eating and that was not an option.
    Edit: Also, for me it is easier to follow a rule that says "Log everyday" than "Log every day except for holidays."
    There is less thinking involved ;-)
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Did someone call my name? Yeah I logged! And I am proud of every single calorie I ingested! I want to share that with the world lol!!!

Eta... It's not everyday that I eat 7500+ calories. This has been epic. And must be recorded for future reference of my awesome ability to ingest mass quantities of cookies and candy. This skill may come in handy some day. Just saying...
    You are the winner freak!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    3 days in the year I don't log: my birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
  • carlalovescake
    Options
    I'm a freak :) I logged and lost a pound hahahaha
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Please assure me I'm not alone here. ;)

Yeah, because spending 2 minutes of the day just recording a few things means you have way too much time on your hands
  • mhasita
    mhasita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I didn't log. My mother in Law made all the meals and there's no way to know what she used to cook all of them. I just know I ate until I felt sick. Skipped dinner (because I just couldn't eat anything more) and went to bed (we have Christmas lunch here in Spain)

I did my workout as planned. But to be honest I don't really care about the "damage". I'll just get back on track when the holidays are over.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I logged breakfast and the small amount of exercise I did. I didn't bother with the rest of the day though. I usually eat paleo style and yesterday I had crackers and lots of other things I usually wouldn't eat. I am not worried I am in control and will get back on track very soon.
  • michaelbyfield
    michaelbyfield Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No you're not alone, I'm looking as well. I'm under and I feel better for it. It's just better to get on with it than overdo it and end up regretting it...
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Freak checking in! Logged it, enjoyed every bit of it. Was way over, kinda disappointed I fell asleep watching a movie and didn't eat the peppermint bark gelato I had planned. Guess I'll be working that in today or tomorrow :)