2014 New Years Resolution!

Options

Replies

• StrugglingStrong
    StrugglingStrong Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Losing 40 pounds is definitely part of my New Years resolution this year!actually the reason I signed up for my fitness pal was for this resolution. I have all the faith in the world for you .... You got this! You can do this and your going to rock that bikini!!
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    2014 is the year I reach my goal weight & size.

21525558.png
  • fallenoaks50
    Options
    I love goals! I have so many. In regards to health & fitness, they are:

Lose 50 lbs
    Go from 33%(?) body fat to 25% or less
    Run a fall marathon – Des Moines or NYC
    Exercise 5 days per week
    Plan meals & exercise for the week in advance – make healthier meals for the kids
  • fitandworking
    fitandworking Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I will get down to goal weight(even though it's possible) but I do want to continue the path I have been taking as of the past couple of months. I want to at least get to be the smallest I've ever been as an adult. I'm 42 pounds away from that point. That would also put me in the overweight category as opposed to obese. We shall see!
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    In 2013 I lost a stone. I would like to lose another stone for 2014. I could probably aim a lot higher and say 52lbs for the 52 weeks. But there is no point in setting myself up for disappointment if I don't hit target.
    I will be perfectly happy at losing slowly and being healthy, losing inches and toning up rather than having flabby/saggy skin.
  • SlimT05
    SlimT05 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    2014 is my best body year ever! I will reach my ultimate goal weight and maintain it for my cruise in November. 6 pack here I come!
  • slimjenny21
    slimjenny21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    To lose about 15 pounds and maintain it.
    To control my eating and not binge.
    To finish my nursing school applications! AHH
    To have a great semester filled with fun and hard work!
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    To have a smoke-free year!
    To continue to lose weight, however slowly.
    To have to buy new pants because I've lost so much weight.
  • jpads1234
    jpads1234 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    lose 100 lbs
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    In 2013 I've lost 46 lbs, drop 10 inches on the waist line, drop from a XL to a small.

In 2014 Be a Yoga/Pilates/Zumba Bada$$! Scorpion handstand, Side Crow. Splits, Lotus handstand. Develop the dancer's/Yogi body, Strong, Lean, and looks good in skinny jeans.

Go back to Kayak surfing,

Maybe the MS150...

10k run and then maybe 1/2 marathon

Train up for Spartan run in 2015
  • maxine4306
    maxine4306 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In 2014 I will:
    1. Run a half Marathon in 2:15 cutting off 5 minutes
    2. Challenge myself in a Ragnar relay road race
    3. Complete 2 trail races!
    4. Add yoga once a week
    5. Cut down on sugar and French fries
    6. FIT BACK INTO SIZE 7-8 ! (Currently at 10-12, need to loose 20 lbs of stress eating weight)
    7. Go for a comfort run instead of comfort food,

Happy New Year !
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Lose 75 lbs. of the 130 lbs. total to reach 190 lbs., healthy weight. I have lost 11-13 lbs. lost since Nov. 1. Based on weighing about 305-308 by New Year's 2013, I will be just 40 lbs. away at the end of 2014 of reaching my ultimate goal weight of 190 lbs. Then in 2015, I can work on the last third of the weight to shed.

Exercise most weekdays and at least once on the weekend. I have a gym buddy, so this helps tremendously.

Cut my alcohol intake dramatically. I am thinking of cutting it entirely for the month of January.

Meet with my doctor to track how I am doing and look at changes to medicines when I progressively get healthier.

If I do this, I will reward myself with an active vacation in summer 2015. Not sure what it will include, but I want to do something where I can look back and say, "Holy crap, I just DID that!" instead of my typical, "Holy crap, I just ATE that!"

When I hit that ultimate goal, I will plan a vacation to NORWAY. I do a lot of genealogy and have traced roots there. There is a famous luxury hotel in Norway that bears my family name of Fleischer. I think that would be a great reward (in addition to the health, of course!) for the weight loss. An active vacation of hiking mountains and kayaking, bicycling, doing what I want because I can, because I will be strong enough and healthy enough to do it without being "the fat guy holding everyone up."
  • Belleartist
    Options
    -Lose 50 pounds
    -Tone up
    -Fit back into a size 7-8
    -Feel comfortable and confident in a dress/skirt
  • jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I want to achieve a few things.
    1. Run my first 5k
    2. Run a tough mudder, warrior dash or something along those lines that will make me feel bad *kitten*.
    3. Get to 135lbs.
    4. Smile at myself naked.

I love number 4. :) I want to add that one to my list. :)
  • jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER made a New Years resolution, nor will I this year! It's just another day! I don't understand why people wait for it to do something!

I agree it is just another day. I cant speak for others, but for me - I set myself goals all the time. I have had these for a while (the 10K, for example, I set as a goal in Oct after running my second 5K). My pull-up goal is fairly recent, maybe from 2 weeks ago. :happy: I am NEVER without goals and objectives, and don't care what they are called. I suspect there are many others like me.

This.

Awesome. I agree. Less than a week after my first marathon, I had picked out my second one. Currently training now. I write every projected run/workout on my calendar and circle when completed. I just wrote a list of goals for the next 10 days of winter break. :) Yay for goals!
  • jardin12
    jardin12 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Finish the job I started....lose last bit of body fat and run 10k under 60min
  • jardin12
    jardin12 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Lose 75 lbs. of the 130 lbs. total to reach 190 lbs., healthy weight. I have lost 11-13 lbs. lost since Nov. 1. Based on weighing about 305-308 by New Year's 2013, I will be just 40 lbs. away at the end of 2014 of reaching my ultimate goal weight of 190 lbs. Then in 2015, I can work on the last third of the weight to shed.

Exercise most weekdays and at least once on the weekend. I have a gym buddy, so this helps tremendously.

Cut my alcohol intake dramatically. I am thinking of cutting it entirely for the month of January.

Meet with my doctor to track how I am doing and look at changes to medicines when I progressively get healthier.

If I do this, I will reward myself with an active vacation in summer 2015. Not sure what it will include, but I want to do something where I can look back and say, "Holy crap, I just DID that!" instead of my typical, "Holy crap, I just ATE that!"

When I hit that ultimate goal, I will plan a vacation to NORWAY. I do a lot of genealogy and have traced roots there. There is a famous luxury hotel in Norway that bears my family name of Fleischer. I think that would be a great reward (in addition to the health, of course!) for the weight loss. An active vacation of hiking mountains and kayaking, bicycling, doing what I want because I can, because I will be strong enough and healthy enough to do it without being "the fat guy holding everyone up."

'Fleicher's ' is the name of my favourite cafe in Melbourne too! The best cakes and coffee...yum
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    In 2014 I want to:
    Wear dresses by this spring/summer and feel good in them.
    Take pictures and be proud of what I see, be less harsh on myself
    Enjoy each and every day left with my son, who is a high school senior (before he graduates) and appreciate my daughters remaining high school days!
    Write more letters to my grandmother and send her pictures of her great-grandkids. That is all she ever wants, besides us coming to visit
    Make myself a BILL, pay myself every payday (save for a rainy day)
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    My New Years resolution...

1. Feel better about myself.
    2. Increase my exercise days
    3. Decrease the sweets
    4. Decrease the dt dew
    5. Look amazing in my wedding dress
    6. Be a great grandparent to my first grandchild due in June.
  • Summer4677
    Summer4677 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My resolution is to make continual short term goals that are challenging but doable. My first goal is to eat healthy and stay on track with calories for two weeks straight, no cheating and no getting on the scale. I'm also going to find a 5k run and sign up :). After the two weeks, I'll make another goal. Here's to looking forward to a great year!